Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can Hagel Handle The Job?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Can Hagel Handle The Job?

Whenever I see Chuck Hagel stumbling and fumbling trying to find words to respond to a question it makes me wonder. I wonder if he's really capable of filling the position to which he was appointed. Especially now with N Korea foaming at the mouth. I understood Hagel was appointed to downsize the military, but with N Korea raising its ugly head I can't see the military being downsized now, so we have to wonder if Hagel could really handle a war time DOD.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Can Hagel Handle The Job?

Quote Originally Posted by Slyoldawg View Post
    Whenever I see Chuck Hagel stumbling and fumbling trying to find words to respond to a question it makes me wonder. I wonder if he's really capable of filling the position to which he was appointed. Especially now with N Korea foaming at the mouth. I understood Hagel was appointed to downsize the military, but with N Korea raising its ugly head I can't see the military being downsized now, so we have to wonder if Hagel could really handle a war time DOD.
    I know what you mean but you never can tell how someone will do in those positions.

At one time I thought Donald Rumsfeld was uniquely qualified for the position but I completely changed my mind about him.

I lost all faith in him after I heard firsthand accounts of his “snowflake” memos.

I’m not very optimistic about Hagel either but I’m hoping he won’t do too much damage.

BTW, I think open conflict in Korea isn’t very likely.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I'm sure he'll do as well as Les Aspin.
    This calls for a delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence. Vyvyan, The Young Ones

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I know what you mean but you never can tell how someone will do in those positions.

At one time I thought Donald Rumsfeld was uniquely qualified for the position but I completely changed my mind about him.

I lost all faith in him after I heard firsthand accounts of his “snowflake” memos.

I’m not very optimistic about Hagel either but I’m hoping he won’t do too much damage.

BTW, I think open conflict in Korea isn’t very likely.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    " ... BTW, I think open conflict in Korea isn’t very likely."
    I think war with them could start accidently if something the retarded idiot, Young 'un, does is misunderstood by our leaders, again I point to Hagel.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    I'm sure he'll do as well as Les Aspin.

That guy was a major example of human waste there ever was

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I think war with them could start accidently if something the retarded idiot, Young 'un, does is misunderstood by our leaders, again I point to Hagel.
    The young “Un” is probably being guided by his Auntie Kim and Uncle Nam…

I would much rather see that regime implode and crumble from within. Let’s hope it doesn’t spark off because of bungling.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Les Aspin was an oxygen thief, but no one can match the corruption of Dick Cheney and Casper Weinberger. Mumble-mouthed Hagel will have to settle for a distant fourth.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

The current situation with North Korea will crest before there is any change in the size of the U.S. armed forces.

Hagel often seems awkward but the real question is whether he can take charge of the monster. It's easy to be pessimistic. But, as others point out, at least he isn't Louis Johnson, Les Aspin, Bill Cohen, or Don Rumsfeld.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Think he was 'set up to fail perhaps'?

Thread Information