Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: Airmen slathering themselves in hemorrhoid cream

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    2,919
    Likes (Received)
    648
    Thanks (Received)
    69

    Default Airmen slathering themselves in hemorrhoid cream

    There are some classic quotes in this article!

    I’ll post a link to the story but I’m not sure it will work for everyone.

    Some of my favorite lines:

    “I see these people who look like a bratwurst in their uniform, and it makes me furious…”

    “He rode the wave of medical profiles for years because of a damaged toe on his right foot…”

    “At 6-foot-4 and weighing in at 280 pounds, he's a big dude, which is not a bad thing for a security forces airman.”

    “Who do you want to see at your gate representing and protecting you,” he asked. “You'll think twice before you do something against me versus someone skinny.”

    “He was tired — physically from lack of sleep and cutting calories and mentally from playing what he considered a game.”

    “I'm not going to say I wasn't unhealthy, because I was,” he said. “But I was doing my best to get better. I was taking responsibility for it and not wanting to be one of those people who rides the system and look where I'm at now. I lost my career because I didn't want to play the game.”

    “The whole time I was PT testing, I cried,” she said. “You see a lot of people doing that here.”

    “They're making me do remedial PT,” she said. “It doesn't matter if I'm injured. I couldn't handle it anymore.”

    “They want people to be frail,” she said. “If we go to war and I get shot, a frail person isn't going to be able to carry me. I've seen people who have no body fat, who are bodybuilders, fail. If they exceed the tape measurement, they get kicked out.”


    It’s a pretty good article and the author tries to cover the story in a sympathetic manner but some of those quotes are prime examples of whining!

    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    99
    Likes (Received)
    2
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Airmen slathering themselves in hemorrhoid cream

    Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force James Cody has made looking into the make-or-break waist measure one of the top priorities.

    “If we can't fix this thing in six months, we need to come to terms with the fact that it just may be too hard to fix, or it's not worth where we're putting all our energy to try to get rid of it,” Cody said in a Feb. 21 interview with Air Force Times.



    Here's an easy fix...GET RID OF IT. A waist measurement that doesn't take height or age into consideration proves nothing!
    A PT test should be a measurement of your physical abilities!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    2,919
    Likes (Received)
    648
    Thanks (Received)
    69

    Default Re: Airmen slathering themselves in hemorrhoid cream

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-OK View Post
    Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force James Cody has made looking into the make-or-break waist measure one of the top priorities.

    “If we can't fix this thing in six months, we need to come to terms with the fact that it just may be too hard to fix, or it's not worth where we're putting all our energy to try to get rid of it,” Cody said in a Feb. 21 interview with Air Force Times.



    Here's an easy fix...GET RID OF IT. A waist measurement that doesn't take height or age into consideration proves nothing!A PT test should be a measurement of your physical abilities!!
    I don’t know, even though I am not active duty anymore, I kind of like having the waist measurement around.

    Seriously, a 40 inch waist is fat and unacceptable in my opinion.

    I don’t care how tall or old you are; a 40 inch abdominal circumference is totally out of control.

    Hell, 38 inches is bad enough but 40? That’s fat!

    I can see people complaining about inconsistent measurements or inconsistent application of disciplinary measures. That’s a whole different issue if you ask me.

    Bottom line is that if you let yourself get above a 36 measurement and someone starts pressuring you to trim down, they are doing you a huge favor!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    3,031
    Likes (Received)
    56
    Thanks (Received)
    19

    Default Re: Airmen slathering themselves in hemorrhoid cream

    Big Blue was obsessed with anorexics since the days of the fat-boy program. The difference now is it's not the occasional Sq Section commander with the MCM (Manual for Court-Martial, Bob) on his desk or the ex-college basketball player Sq/CC, the entire system is geared towards this kind of insanity.

    This crap started when Doc was USAF/CV, he was behind the new fitness standards. Bike test was ridiculous, I was glad to see it go. When I saw waist measurement had more impact on passing than push ups/sit ups I knew Doc was behind it, sure as sh!t wasn't Jumper.
    This calls for a delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence. Vyvyan, The Young Ones

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    2,919
    Likes (Received)
    648
    Thanks (Received)
    69

    Default Re: Airmen slathering themselves in hemorrhoid cream

    Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    Big Blue was obsessed with anorexics since the days of the fat-boy program. The difference now is it's not the occasional Sq Section commander with the MCM (Manual for Court-Martial, Bob) on his desk or the ex-college basketball player Sq/CC, the entire system is geared towards this kind of insanity.

    This crap started when Doc was USAF/CV, he was behind the new fitness standards. Bike test was ridiculous, I was glad to see it go. When I saw waist measurement had more impact on passing than push ups/sit ups I knew Doc was behind it, sure as sh!t wasn't Jumper.
    You don’t think Doc looked good in a flight suit?

    With his Vulcan haircut, trim and fit profile, I think he cut an impressive figure.

    Are you more of a Fogleman fan?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Williamsburg VA
    Posts
    1,879
    Likes (Received)
    356
    Thanks (Received)
    218

    Default Re: Airmen slathering themselves in hemorrhoid cream

    Should have joined 'Starfleet' then....wrinkle free uniform, but noooo salutes, just Chiefs and officers.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    the moon
    Posts
    1,250
    Likes (Received)
    88
    Thanks (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Airmen slathering themselves in hemorrhoid cream

    Seemed like most in the article were reservists and were testing abdominal only with some sort of surgical issue. Not the ideal data pool.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Wackland
    Posts
    742
    Likes (Received)
    78
    Thanks (Received)
    8

    Default Re: Airmen slathering themselves in hemorrhoid cream

    [QUOTE=Absinthe Anecdote;617461]There are some classic quotes in this article!

    Ill post a link to the story but Im not sure it will work for everyone.

    Some of my favorite lines:



    At 6-foot-4 and weighing in at 280 pounds, he's a big dude, which is not a bad thing for a security forces airman.

    Who do you want to see at your gate representing and protecting you, he asked. You'll think twice before you do something against me versus someone skinny.



    I read the article and the Security Forces Airmen is a fat ass. The picture of the guy was NOT flattering and besides if I wasn't a Security Forces guy I wouldn't want that guy at my gate. As a Security Forces guy I really don't want you there you make us look like a group of fat asses.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Williamsburg VA
    Posts
    1,879
    Likes (Received)
    356
    Thanks (Received)
    218

    Default Re: Airmen slathering themselves in hemorrhoid cream

    Works on eyelids though, cougars that is, not the type....

  10. #10
    JD2780 Guest

    Default Re: Airmen slathering themselves in hemorrhoid cream

    [QUOTE=AFKILO7;617519]
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    There are some classic quotes in this article!

    I’ll post a link to the story but I’m not sure it will work for everyone.

    Some of my favorite lines:



    “At 6-foot-4 and weighing in at 280 pounds, he's a big dude, which is not a bad thing for a security forces airman.”

    “Who do you want to see at your gate representing and protecting you,” he asked. “You'll think twice before you do something against me versus someone skinny.”



    I read the article and the Security Forces Airmen is a fat ass. The picture of the guy was NOT flattering and besides if I wasn't a Security Forces guy I wouldn't want that guy at my gate. As a Security Forces guy I really don't want you there you make us look like a group of fat asses.
    Plus he probably couldnt chase kids off of the playground equipement without getting winded.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •