Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Airmen slathering themselves in hemorrhoid cream

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Airmen slathering themselves in hemorrhoid cream

There are some classic quotes in this article!

I’ll post a link to the story but I’m not sure it will work for everyone.

Some of my favorite lines:

“I see these people who look like a bratwurst in their uniform, and it makes me furious…”

“He rode the wave of medical profiles for years because of a damaged toe on his right foot…”

“At 6-foot-4 and weighing in at 280 pounds, he's a big dude, which is not a bad thing for a security forces airman.”

“Who do you want to see at your gate representing and protecting you,” he asked. “You'll think twice before you do something against me versus someone skinny.”

“He was tired — physically from lack of sleep and cutting calories and mentally from playing what he considered a game.”

“I'm not going to say I wasn't unhealthy, because I was,” he said. “But I was doing my best to get better. I was taking responsibility for it and not wanting to be one of those people who rides the system and look where I'm at now. I lost my career because I didn't want to play the game.”

“The whole time I was PT testing, I cried,” she said. “You see a lot of people doing that here.”

“They're making me do remedial PT,” she said. “It doesn't matter if I'm injured. I couldn't handle it anymore.”

“They want people to be frail,” she said. “If we go to war and I get shot, a frail person isn't going to be able to carry me. I've seen people who have no body fat, who are bodybuilders, fail. If they exceed the tape measurement, they get kicked out.”

It’s a pretty good article and the author tries to cover the story in a sympathetic manner but some of those quotes are prime examples of whining!

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Airmen slathering themselves in hemorrhoid cream

Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force James Cody has made looking into the make-or-break waist measure one of the top priorities.

“If we can't fix this thing in six months, we need to come to terms with the fact that it just may be too hard to fix, or it's not worth where we're putting all our energy to try to get rid of it,” Cody said in a Feb. 21 interview with Air Force Times.

Here's an easy fix...GET RID OF IT. A waist measurement that doesn't take height or age into consideration proves nothing!
    A PT test should be a measurement of your physical abilities!!

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-OK View Post
    Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force James Cody has made looking into the make-or-break waist measure one of the top priorities.

“If we can't fix this thing in six months, we need to come to terms with the fact that it just may be too hard to fix, or it's not worth where we're putting all our energy to try to get rid of it,” Cody said in a Feb. 21 interview with Air Force Times.

Here's an easy fix...GET RID OF IT. A waist measurement that doesn't take height or age into consideration proves nothing!A PT test should be a measurement of your physical abilities!!
    I don’t know, even though I am not active duty anymore, I kind of like having the waist measurement around.

Seriously, a 40 inch waist is fat and unacceptable in my opinion.

I don’t care how tall or old you are; a 40 inch abdominal circumference is totally out of control.

Hell, 38 inches is bad enough but 40? That’s fat!

I can see people complaining about inconsistent measurements or inconsistent application of disciplinary measures. That’s a whole different issue if you ask me.

Bottom line is that if you let yourself get above a 36 measurement and someone starts pressuring you to trim down, they are doing you a huge favor!

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Big Blue was obsessed with anorexics since the days of the fat-boy program. The difference now is it's not the occasional Sq Section commander with the MCM (Manual for Court-Martial, Bob) on his desk or the ex-college basketball player Sq/CC, the entire system is geared towards this kind of insanity.

This crap started when Doc was USAF/CV, he was behind the new fitness standards. Bike test was ridiculous, I was glad to see it go. When I saw waist measurement had more impact on passing than push ups/sit ups I knew Doc was behind it, sure as sh!t wasn't Jumper.
    This calls for a delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence. Vyvyan, The Young Ones

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    Big Blue was obsessed with anorexics since the days of the fat-boy program. The difference now is it's not the occasional Sq Section commander with the MCM (Manual for Court-Martial, Bob) on his desk or the ex-college basketball player Sq/CC, the entire system is geared towards this kind of insanity.

This crap started when Doc was USAF/CV, he was behind the new fitness standards. Bike test was ridiculous, I was glad to see it go. When I saw waist measurement had more impact on passing than push ups/sit ups I knew Doc was behind it, sure as sh!t wasn't Jumper.
    You don’t think Doc looked good in a flight suit?

With his Vulcan haircut, trim and fit profile, I think he cut an impressive figure.

Are you more of a Fogleman fan?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Should have joined 'Starfleet' then....wrinkle free uniform, but noooo salutes, just Chiefs and officers.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Seemed like most in the article were reservists and were testing abdominal only with some sort of surgical issue. Not the ideal data pool.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

[QUOTE=Absinthe Anecdote;617461]There are some classic quotes in this article!

Ill post a link to the story but Im not sure it will work for everyone.

At 6-foot-4 and weighing in at 280 pounds, he's a big dude, which is not a bad thing for a security forces airman.

Who do you want to see at your gate representing and protecting you, he asked. You'll think twice before you do something against me versus someone skinny.

I read the article and the Security Forces Airmen is a fat ass. The picture of the guy was NOT flattering and besides if I wasn't a Security Forces guy I wouldn't want that guy at my gate. As a Security Forces guy I really don't want you there you make us look like a group of fat asses.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Works on eyelids though, cougars that is, not the type....

JD2780 Guest

[QUOTE=AFKILO7;617519]
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    There are some classic quotes in this article!

I’ll post a link to the story but I’m not sure it will work for everyone.

“At 6-foot-4 and weighing in at 280 pounds, he's a big dude, which is not a bad thing for a security forces airman.”

“Who do you want to see at your gate representing and protecting you,” he asked. “You'll think twice before you do something against me versus someone skinny.”

I read the article and the Security Forces Airmen is a fat ass. The picture of the guy was NOT flattering and besides if I wasn't a Security Forces guy I wouldn't want that guy at my gate. As a Security Forces guy I really don't want you there you make us look like a group of fat asses.
    Plus he probably couldnt chase kids off of the playground equipement without getting winded.

Thread Information