Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: "I love me" wall

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default "I love me" wall

So i have been bouncing this idea off a few people and I am considering doint it. We all know someone who has a massive "I love me" wall in their office. This is the place where they keep all of their awards and coins from their career. This is especially common in customer service positions. I have had several supervisors who had a massive amount of awards and they just loved it when customers asked about their awards.

I have an interesting new take on the "I love me" wall. I want to login to ADLS and print out my completion certificates from all the various CBTs I have completed. I then want to frame them all and completely cover my wall. When people stop by and comment on them I plan to brag about how I completed Information Assurance in under 10 minutes AND scored a perfect score on the quiz at the end. The only problem might be finding a wall big enough for all of my CBTs. I hate to brag too much but I have completed quite a few in my day.

JD2780 Guest

Default Re: "I love me" wall

Do it!!!!!!!!

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I so wish you would.

The coins are the ones that really kill me, considering how often those get tossed out like candy at a parade.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

My shadow box that I got when I retired was sitting in my closet for the longest time until we moved and there was a spot that needed to be filled. Voila!

The only thing that really means anything to me that I got while I was in is the Cold War certificate that they authorized for us. Then again, that's sitting on a shelf in my garage.
    The best revenge is living well and life is great!

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    So i have been bouncing this idea off a few people and I am considering doint it. We all know someone who has a massive "I love me" wall in their office. This is the place where they keep all of their awards and coins from their career. This is especially common in customer service positions. I have had several supervisors who had a massive amount of awards and they just loved it when customers asked about their awards.

I have an interesting new take on the "I love me" wall. I want to login to ADLS and print out my completion certificates from all the various CBTs I have completed. I then want to frame them all and completely cover my wall. When people stop by and comment on them I plan to brag about how I completed Information Assurance in under 10 minutes AND scored a perfect score on the quiz at the end. The only problem might be finding a wall big enough for all of my CBTs. I hate to brag too much but I have completed quite a few in my day.
    My favorite of all time was once when I was at the Dental Clinic...the tech had his 'Certificate of Completion--Anger Management' hanging on the wall.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

How about hanging photoshoppped pictures of you receiving diplomas and awards from important people?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Awesome idea. The best part about the coins is the people who display the ones they bought.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    My favorite of all time was once when I was at the Dental Clinic...the tech had his 'Certificate of Completion--Anger Management' hanging on the wall.
    Were you in my chair? Oh wait...was it for SUCCESSFUL completion? If so, it wasn't me.
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

One of our guys deployed short notice and I took over his job and desk. Seriously, he has 5 diplomas (3 CCAFs and 2 Associates) on the cube wall, and filled up the cabinets with hardware that was apparently all over this shelf above the desk before. Ands he's a TSgt. It's no even like he's been in 30 years. He had stuff from when he was an Amn in there.

I'm not mad about the fact I don't even have space for a coffee cup...much..but I just can't believe how much stuff he has.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

My certificates, plaques, awards and crap from a civilian career and from a writing career all go straight into the trash, along with coins. (Sorry, to those who gave them but there is only so much room). If I had done anything important in the military I might frame that and hang it on the wall, but maybe not. If I had a shadowbox devoted solely to my military experience, it would contain three items -- chevrons, enlisted aircrew wings, and a Good Conduct Medal. That doesn't sound very impressive even if you add stuff for which I became eligible long after being discharged, such as the Korea campaign thing.

At one time I had two file cabinet drawers full of performance ratings from a government civilian career -- those covering my performance and the couple of hundred I wrote on the performance of others. (My experience with performance ratings goes back to 1964; it was about 1970 when they banned all references to outside activity that was not work-related and all references to spouses). It occurred to me fairly soon after leaving the job that this was of no value to anyone so I chucked it all out.

On the wall in my home office are nicely framed large color, air-to-air photos that I took of, and from various aircraft including B-52 Stratofortress, F-4 Phantom II and F-15E Strike Eagle. I have a few model airplanes that were given to me. Oh, and a photo of a B-17 Flying Fortress crew from "MISSION TO BERLIN" with a legend that appears on a sign at the Cambridge American Cemetery and Memorial: "TIME WILL NOT DIM THE GLORY OF THEIR DEEDS."

I do love me, though.

Thread Information