Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: F'ing Posers

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default F'ing Posers

So apparently some Marine sergeant at Pendleton got rear-ended in his car - very minor accident. And went absolutely apeshit on the other driver. Video can be watched here.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...of-your-truck/

Now, allegedly, he has PTSD.

No fuck that. Maybe you have PTSD. Maybe you don't. Either way, you're still a total fucking prick.

The Corps is full of these morons who fly off the handle for absolutely no reason, then when they get called out on it, they pull the "I had buddies die in combat blah blah blah". A lot of us have had buddies die in combat. You're not special. Active duty sucks enough without having a pretentious piece of shit screaming at you and threatening you for no reason. Go fuck yourself.

/rant off.
    Last edited by Banned; 04-03-2013 at 09:02 PM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: F'ing Posers

Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    Gotta agree with you Joe. It is not an excuse at all. To use PTSD or combat experience as a excuse to act like an rabid animal minimizes the condition for those that are actually suffering. On another note, the driver of the truck certainly did not appear traumatized. If he was on the floorboard cowering in the fetal position, maybe. But he was just sitting there acting very non-impressed with the antics of the marine. Sounds like someone is looking to make the situation worse because of the alleged brake checking that was going on prior to the accident, which is also a crappy thing to do.
    His outward appearance doesn't necessarily reflect what was going on in his head at the time... he could have been scared shitless.

And honestly - the driver's reaction was 100% correct in my book. Don't show fear or emotion, don't get out of the car and confront the lunatic - just look forward and wait for some cops to show up and put "Sergeant" Fucktard in cuffs.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Yea, and if the guy got out of his car (or dragged out) and got beat up, PTSD isn't going to be a free pass with the judge either.

That Marine could easily have gotten his ass shot in my town for that.
    "Chief, I have never been, or ever will be, a Warrior.
    Doesn't matter how many times you make me say it, it will never be true."

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Quixotic View Post
    Yea, and if the guy got out of his car (or dragged out) and got beat up, PTSD isn't going to be a free pass with the judge either.

That Marine could easily have gotten his ass shot in my town for that.
    If that guy and me had gone outside the wire... only one of us would have come back. And no, that's not me "posing" - I'm five foot nine and 140 - if you're a 200 pound meathead and I believe you are going to kill or seriously injure me, don't think for one moment your uniform and rank is going to protect you from me shooting you.
    Last edited by Banned; 04-03-2013 at 09:12 PM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Gotta agree with you Joe. It is not an excuse at all. To use PTSD or combat experience as a excuse to act like an rabid animal minimizes the condition for those that are actually suffering. On another note, the driver of the truck certainly did not appear traumatized. If he was on the floorboard cowering in the fetal position, maybe. But he was just sitting there acting very non-impressed with the antics of the marine. Sounds like someone is looking to make the situation worse because of the alleged brake checking that was going on prior to the accident, which is also a crappy thing to do.
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    His outward appearance doesn't necessarily reflect what was going on in his head at the time... he could have been scared shitless.

And honestly - the driver's reaction was 100% correct in my book. Don't show fear or emotion, don't get out of the car and confront the lunatic - just look forward and wait for some cops to show up and put "Sergeant" Fucktard in cuffs.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I would be interested to see some law enforcement guidance on how to respond to a situation like that. Getting out of the car pretty much guarantees a physical confrontation. Staying in the car is probably the best approach I think. Lunatic could smash the window out... but you could still fight and push him out. I have a friend with a collapsable nightstick in his door pocket - which is ideal for bashing fingers and forearms. Mace is another good non-lethal option.

Of course there's folks who would immediately suggest concealed carry. Which is all fine and good - but if you use it and kill him... then you'd have to justify yourself. I think if the sergeant had been maced in the face, the video would be more than sufficient evidence to justify doing that.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Would not recommend that kind of reactions in 'LA Watts'.....

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

As if I didn't already have enough negative stereotypes to deal with already, I can thank Sergeant Slapnuts for perpetuating the stereotype of the ill-tempered and maladjusted basket case with PTSD.

Wait a sec; my avatar probably isn't helping.
    Beer is proof that God loves us.
    Benjamin Franklin

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Looking through all the comments on the Terminal Lance page... all these asshats defending him. It really seems like douchehammers like him are the accepted norm in a large segment of the Corps... life is way too damn short for that.

Thread Information