Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The most disliked AFSC in the USAF

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: The most disliked AFSC in the USAF

Quote Originally Posted by LogDog_guest View Post
    Look who they have to work with; surgeons. Surgeons tend to fall into two categories: nice people or assholes with assholes and most are assholes. The reason they're assholes is because they have enormous egos and they aren't afraid to let you know they better than you or anyone else. Even outside their area of specialty they act as if they have the answer to everything.
    I bought my house from an AF Doc, the guy thought he was a handyman. I'm still re-wiring things that he "Fixed". Everytime I unscrew a wall plate is a new adventure in "WTF was he doing?"

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

easily weapons, they just suck!
    Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can.
    Samuel Adams

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bb stacker View Post
    easily weapons, they just suck!
    If you're weapons, my intent is not to offend . . but I think there is a bit of truth to your statement.

Of the few weapons guys I actually know, they're all extremely egotistical. I was at PME with one weapons troop who had the biggest ego I've ever seen. He'd always have this smug look on his face that made it really hard not to slap the shit out of him for. During the graduation, he received the 'Top Grad' (not Levitow, but the name escapes me at the moment) award for having the best scores on evaluations. My buddy told me that, even 9 months later, he talks about it all the time and has actually used it to pull weight in an argument.
    Last edited by jshiver15; 08-22-2012 at 06:34 PM.
    Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't. -Pete Seeger

Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. -Arnold Palmer

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by justachillin View Post
    Fire dawgs. Lazy spoiled sob's. That is all
    LOL, one must have stole your girlfriend.

Forsaken Wombat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
    LOL, one must have stole your girlfriend.
    Zzzzzz.

I would have to say that Fire Department (let's call them just that - Fire Department. No nicknames for these clowns) is my most hated. They do nothing all day aside from eat, sleep, sh*t, wash trucks, watch DVDs, and work out. They are responsible for a vast majority of discipline issues within a CE squadron (with EOD rounding out the rest). They "respond" to false calls and engine start-ups and just sit there in their trucks, burning diesel and sucking air until the Chief gives the all-clear...and then they claim they "saved $230M in AF assets/safeguarded 300K lives" or whatever.

There's a bumper sticker I saw that read, "USAF Fire Department - One False Alarm Away From a Medal!".

They really should break Fire Department, EOD, and EM off of CES and let them be their own squadron.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ttribe View Post
    I bought my house from an AF Doc, the guy thought he was a handyman. I'm still re-wiring things that he "Fixed". Everytime I unscrew a wall plate is a new adventure in "WTF was he doing?"
    I've known a number of doctors and many of them are good people. We had one doctor at my first base who used to buy washers and dryers at the DRMO sales. He'd repair them and then give them away to enlisted families who didn't have a washer or dryer.

At Osan, one of the best PAs I ever knew would put in a full shift in the hospital and then during the annual war exercise he volunteered his time to provide sick call at night for the troops in the field.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ttribe View Post
    I've known a number of doctors and many of them are good people. We had one doctor at my first base who used to buy washers and dryers at the DRMO sales. He'd repair them and then give them away to enlisted families who didn't have a washer or dryer.

At Osan, one of the best PAs I ever knew would put in a full shift in the hospital and then during the annual war exercise he volunteered his time to provide sick call at night for the troops in the field.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Wombat View Post
    Zzzzzz.

I would have to say that Fire Department (let's call them just that - Fire Department. No nicknames for these clowns) is my most hated. They do nothing all day aside from eat, sleep, sh*t, wash trucks, watch DVDs, and work out. They are responsible for a vast majority of discipline issues within a CE squadron (with EOD rounding out the rest). They "respond" to false calls and engine start-ups and just sit there in their trucks, burning diesel and sucking air until the Chief gives the all-clear...and then they claim they "saved $230M in AF assets/safeguarded 300K lives" or whatever.

There's a bumper sticker I saw that read, "USAF Fire Department - One False Alarm Away From a Medal!".

They really should break Fire Department, EOD, and EM off of CES and let them be their own squadron.
    No joke Wombat. We refer to them as the tenent unit within CES.
    “Tolerance is ok… but acceptance is much better!”

ISLAM...A religion of peace. And they'll blow you up to prove it!

There are three things I absolutely loathe...knee jerk reactions, micro-management and political correctness

“Political correctness is simply a speed bump in the traffic of truth, free thought and speech.”

"Take your blue Kool-Aid and choke on it!"

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Zzzzzz.

Fucking hilarious!

However, I’d say 99.9 percent of the AFSC’s are guilty of loading their EPRs and Awards and Decs with nonsense like that.

We are taught to write crap like that and after a while too many people start believing their own bullshit.

Hell, it is no different in the civilian world. You should see some of the crap I tried to edit that went to support a congressional testimony last year.

Politicians? Forget about it! They are notorious for serving up mountains of bullshit based on the tiniest grain of truth.

This kind of bullshit is what created the story of Hillary Clinton dodging sniper fire in Bosnia.

It is always nice to see someone get called out on hyping shit up though!
    Last edited by Absinthe Anecdote; 08-22-2012 at 07:50 PM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

+1 for this

I feel bad for the traditional CE guys when it comes to quarterly awards packages. They bust their asses but there is only so many ways you can say you fixed a pipe break, installed a generator, etc... and even worse when you have to compete with someone safing a munition, putting out a fire, responding to a white powder incident.
    Last edited by Demaskee; 08-22-2012 at 07:54 PM.
    I've upped my standards so up yours.

Thread Information