Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Military service academies begin to follow transgender ban

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    But why should we in effect coddle and celebrate one disorder (GID) but, when it comes to other disorders (skitoids, OCD, Bi-polar etc), they are seen as mental?
    Please provide evidence that they are being coddled or that we (the military) are celebrating GID. The American Psychiatric Association (APA) doesn't consider GID as a mental issue. Unless you're smarter than the APA, which from your posts I doubt you are, I'll defer to their opinion

THAT Is what i am not understanding. What makes those with GID so special, as to not just be seen as yet another nut-job, but someone we not only have to 'accept', but celebrate??
    You're proclaiming people with GID as nutjobs but you have nothing but your own, uninformed and limited opinion. Please provide evidence they are a "nutjob."

Are alcoholics nut jobs? Does the military coddle alcoholics or do they treat them for their condition? Let me rephrase what you started your post.

"But why should we in effect coddle and celebrate alcoholics but, when it comes to other disorders (skitoids, OCD, Bi-polar etc), they are seen as mental?"

"THAT Is what i am not understanding. What makes those with alcoholism so special, as to not just be seen as yet another nut-job, but someone we not only have to 'accept', but celebrate?"

Like FLAPS, you suffer from a closed mind instead of getting information and facts on what GID is. If you do you still might have the same opinion but at least you'll have some understanding of what your against.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LogDog View Post
    Please provide evidence that they are being coddled or that we (the military) are celebrating GID. The American Psychiatric Association (APA) doesn't consider GID as a mental issue. Unless you're smarter than the APA, which from your posts I doubt you are, I'll defer to their opinion
    How's about making people go to LGBTQ pride parades! DOES THAT bloody well count as coddling/ forcing us to celebrate it???

You're proclaiming people with GID as nutjobs but you have nothing but your own, uninformed and limited opinion. Please provide evidence they are a "nutjob."
    If its a mental disorder like OCD, how is that NOT them being nutty??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    How's about making people go to LGBTQ pride parades! DOES THAT bloody well count as coddling/ forcing us to celebrate it???
    Please provide proof of this. I did a Google search using "military orders members to march in gay pride parade" and "military forces members to march in gay pride parade" and search ten pages of results yielded nothing. So how about providing proof of your claim?

If its a mental disorder like OCD, how is that NOT them being nutty??
    Mjolnir answered this in post #55

You're good at making a claim but why is it when you're asked to prove what you claim you don't? I asked you in post #61 "Please provide evidence that they are being coddled or that we (the military) are celebrating GID" and you refused to answer the question. Why are you running away from providing proof of what you claim?

Before you make any more claims, how about backing up the claims you've already made. One could make the claim that continually making unsupported claims on this forum means that person is nutty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Please provide proof of this. I did a Google search using "military orders members to march in gay pride parade" and "military forces members to march in gay pride parade" and search ten pages of results yielded nothing. So how about providing proof of your claim?
    I've never heard of anyone forced to attend.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    That's because it doesn't happen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That's why I asked garhkal to provide proof of what he says. He has a habit of making unsubstantiated claims but rarely backs them up.
    Last edited by LogDog; 04-27-2019 at 09:38 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    IIRC this site itself (in the news) had a mil member back in 2011/12, who complained about being forced to attend a pride parade in San diego.
    Though I can't find the story now, the mil HAS attended pride parades in San diego..
    https://sdpride.org/military/

Now when i search via duckduckgo or bing, i get several in the intro of fire-fighters who did get forced to attend, one even mentions the fire dept was being sued BY the fire fighters..
    Maybe that's what i was thinking of.
    STILL, imo we shouldn't be forced to attend, just 'to show our support' for ANY Parades...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    IIRC this site itself (in the news) had a mil member back in 2011/12, who complained about being forced to attend a pride parade in San diego.
    Though I can't find the story now, the mil HAS attended pride parades in San diego..

Now when i search via duckduckgo or bing, i get several in the intro of fire-fighters who did get forced to attend, one even mentions the fire dept was being sued BY the fire fighters..
    STILL, imo we shouldn't be forced to attend, just 'to show our support' for ANY Parades...
    That link is for people to volunteer to march; hardly the forcing you are describing.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

In 2011, there were several military members who marched in that parade and a year later the DoD issued guidance for its members.
    Under the guidelines released by the Defense Department, service members can wear their uniforms to march in the parade as long as they participate "in a personal capacity" and follow set standards of "appearance and wear of the military uniform."
    https://www.cnn.com/2012/07/20/us/ca...ade/index.html

The key phrase is "in a personal capacity" meaning the military won't order you to do it.

Again, please provide proof that you or any military member is being "forced" to attend.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That link is for people to volunteer to march; hardly the forcing you are describing.
    But in garhkal's world, being asked is the same as being forced.