Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Military service academies begin to follow transgender ban

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS View Post
    I respect your opinion. If I (knowingly) meet a transgender person, I will respectfully ask them why they want to pretend to be a sex they were not born as instead of just being gay/lesbian. Nothing will ever change my mind and convince me that you are born a male, but can change your sex to female. Just accept what you were born as and live with it. It doesn't mean you have to act a certain way or dress a certain way. Just "man up" (so to speak) and tell people, "yes, I am a man but I prefer to wear dresses and have sexual relations with other men." Ok, got it. But telling me, "I was born as a male but last month I decided that I am no longer a male" just isn't going to cut it. You don't get to make that choice...not on this planet.
    Do you know how insulting your questioning of another person to justify why they "they want to pretend to be a sex they were not born as instead of just being gay/lesbian" is? How would you feel if they asked you "Why do you pretend to be a man when there is a good chance you were born into the wrong body?" Your question is as insensitive as some religious fanatic wanting an atheist to justify why they don't believe in God but they take offense when anyone does the same to them.

If you want to learn why they identify as a different gender the first step is to read up and learn on the subject so when you talk to them about it you have real knowledge to understand them.

As for your comment " Ok, got it. But telling me, "I was born as a male but last month I decided that I am no longer a male" just isn't going to cut it. You don't get to make that choice...not on this planet." Who made you King of Earth to tell anyone what choice they get to make. All it shows is you're closed-minded on this subject.
    Last edited by LogDog; 04-25-2019 at 07:20 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LogDog View Post
    Do you know how insulting your questioning of another person to justify why they "they want to pretend to be a sex they were not born as instead of just being gay/lesbian" is? How would you feel if they asked you "Why do you pretend to be a man when there is a good chance you were born into the wrong body?" Your question is as insensitive as some religious fanatic wanting an atheist to justify why they don't believe in God but they take offense when anyone does the same to them.

If you want to learn why they identify as a different gender the first step is to read up and learn on the subject so when you talk to them about it you have real knowledge as to understand.

As for your comment " Ok, got it. But telling me, "I was born as a male but last month I decided that I am no longer a male" just isn't going to cut it. You don't get to make that choice...not on this planet." Who made you King of Earth to tell anyone what choice they get to make. All it shows is you're closed-minded on this subject.

If I was that close minded then I guess I wouldn't ask them any questions now, would I? I'm quite sure a transgender person who is actually comfortable in their own skin wouldn't get offended by asking them about being a transgender. Now, I'll admit that there's probably a less offensive way to go about asking the question, but for both parties to just ignore the "elephant in the room" is just plain childish.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Question on "equality" and fairness: Is it fair for a female athlete to have to compete against a transgender female?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If I was that close minded then I guess I wouldn't ask them any questions now, would I? I'm quite sure a transgender person who is actually comfortable in their own skin wouldn't get offended by asking them about being a transgender. Now, I'll admit that there's probably a less offensive way to go about asking the question, but for both parties to just ignore the "elephant in the room" is just plain childish.
    Asking them why they "pretend" isn't asking them respectfully and it is insulting. It is closed-minded of you because you've already decided they are "pretending" instead of trying to learn why they think they were born in the wrong body. And your not just ignoring the "elephant in the room" you're denying the "elephant is in the room." Again, the action of a closed-minded person.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Question on "equality" and fairness: Is it fair for a female athlete to have to compete against a transgender female?
    This is not about athletic competition, it's about whether transgenders can serve in the military.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This is not about athletic competition, it's about whether transgenders can serve in the military.
    Ok forum police, let me rephrase a simple question. IF a Military Service Academy were to admit transgender females, is it fair to allow them to compete against female cadet athletes? Sports participation at the junior or varsity levels is mandatory for most cadets/midshipmen, so this is a relevant question.
    Last edited by FLAPS; 04-25-2019 at 07:55 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Show me some genetic proof that someone can be "Born into the wrong body". TILL THEN i will always see it as a mental problem. AND IF someone with say OCD, or Bi-polar can't serve, due to their "mental problems", then WHY SHOULD someone who's got 'Gender identity DISORDER" be allowed to???

And where do we draw the line? What of those people who feel they are "Trans-abled, and willingly CUT OFF LIMBS to make their physical body, equal their mental state"?? SHOULD they serve?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Show me some genetic proof that someone can be "Born into the wrong body".
    That whole statement (born into the wrong body) can really open up a can of worms. I'm a middle age white guy. Can I identify as a Mexican because that is what I was 'supposed' to be born as....according to me?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ok forum police, let me rephrase a simple question. IF a Military Service Academy were to admit transgender females, is it fair to allow them to compete against female cadet athletes? Sports participation at the junior or varsity levels is mandatory for most cadets/midshipmen, so this is a relevant question.
    Is your position so lacking of an intelligent argument you have to resort to ad hominem attacks by calling me the "forum police"? You can do better than that.

As for your question, it's a bit off-topic but I will entertain it. I will leave that up to the academies to decided just as I will leave it up to the governing sports authorities (NCAA and regional colleges associations) for intercollegiate athletic competition for them to decide.
    Last edited by LogDog; 04-26-2019 at 12:22 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That whole statement (born into the wrong body) can really open up a can of worms. I'm a middle age white guy. Can I identify as a Mexican because that is what I was 'supposed' to be born as....according to me?
    If you want to identify as a Mexican you can however to say you're of Mexican ancestry when your not is called lying. A genetic test can be given to help determine if you share the genetic traits associated with the Mexican people. If you do then you can claim "X" percentage Mexican.