Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 71

Thread: Military service academies begin to follow transgender ban

  1. #21
    Senior Member SeaLawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Here, There, and Everywhere
    Posts
    140
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Concur! I'm not saying they can't perform the duties; however, it's the living situations, standards bias, and distractions as FLAPS mentioned.

    Where does one stand with their Physical Readiness Test (PRT) i.e. Guy, Gal??? Let's just all take the women's PRT standard and use that for collective measurement.... Not that I ever agreed to a separate standard to begin with. As long as the military mission holds, there should be one standard and one standard only. Let's establish it now!

  2. #22
    Administrator Mjölnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    2,965
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaLawyer View Post
    Concur! I'm not saying they can't perform the duties; however, it's the living situations, standards bias, and distractions as FLAPS mentioned.
    Living situations: largely solved, ship board living would be the gender that is registered in DEERS.
    Standard bias: individuals gotta get past that.
    distractions: individuals gotta get past that.

    Quote Originally Posted by SeaLawyer View Post
    Where does one stand with their Physical Readiness Test (PRT) i.e. Guy, Gal??? Let's just all take the women's PRT standard and use that for collective measurement.... Not that I ever agreed to a separate standard to begin with. As long as the military mission holds, there should be one standard and one standard only. Let's establish it now!
    For the Navy, PRT is based on what is registered in DEERS.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

  3. #23
    Senior Member meatbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    murica
    Posts
    251
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS View Post
    The only point I am trying to make is that their very existence will perpetually keep us divided, even in a seemingly benign way. And yes, from a leadership point of view I was 'forced' to attend/smile/embrace. The only event I actually thought was productive was a food fest where there were multiple cultures together, including Italians. It was great to sample foods from around the world, but then again focus was on the food.

    Yes, transgender people exist. What's your point, their existence qualifies them for military service? This is where we disagree. However, the difference between me and one who believes in safe spaces is that I will still treat those with an opposing opinion with kindness, whereas the safe space fan (aka, snowflake) will gather other snowflakes, don the ski masks, and violently riot and threaten people.
    No, their existence will not keep us divided. The only people who feel divided over this are the ignorant, misinformed, and insecure. Trans will "keep us divided" no more than women, black people, or gays when they were all allowed to serve. This same argument was pushed when gays began to serve openly and were allowed to marry in the service. All the old cranks threw a fit and talked about how it will divide us and ruin the military. Guess what? You were wrong, just as you are wrong now. I currently have 3 transgender individuals in my squadron who are all excellent workers, professional, productive, and valued members. Also, almost no one has a problem with them serving or existing. You wanna know who does have a problem with them serving? The 30 or 40 rednecks in the squadron who can't deploy due to failed PT tests, knee problems or some other ridiculous waiver due to them being overweight or POS.

    The only people who will be "divided" over trans serving are those who are scared, insecure, ignorant, or misinformed. It's the same people who freaked out about women, blacks, and gays.

  4. #24
    Senior Member meatbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    murica
    Posts
    251
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS View Post
    Yes, transgender people exist. What's your point, their existence qualifies them for military service? This is where we disagree. However, the difference between me and one who believes in safe spaces is that I will still treat those with an opposing opinion with kindness, whereas the safe space fan (aka, snowflake) will gather other snowflakes, don the ski masks, and violently riot and threaten people.
    Great irrelevant "snowflake" rebuttal as well. I totally forgot about "snowflakes" donning weapons and tiki torches, marching in the streets chanting "Hail Trump" and "Jews will not replace us" while they incited violence and actually led to the murder and injury of innocent people. Oh, wait a minute.......

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,328
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS View Post
    And yes, from a leadership point of view I was 'forced' to attend/smile/embrace.

    Same here. When the boss says "there's XYZ event, everyone WILL Attend, or is highly encouraged to go, but if you don't, there may be repercussions." to me that IS forcing you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Living situations: largely solved, ship board living would be the gender that is registered in DEERS.
    Standard bias: individuals gotta get past that.
    distractions: individuals gotta get past that.
    So women who don't wanna shower with guys, even when those guys who 'identify as women', just what.. have to suck it up?

  6. #26
    Senior Member meatbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    murica
    Posts
    251
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Same here. When the boss says "there's XYZ event, everyone WILL Attend, or is highly encouraged to go, but if you don't, there may be repercussions." to me that IS forcing you.



    So women who don't wanna shower with guys, even when those guys who 'identify as women', just what.. have to suck it up?
    First of all, being expected or encouraged to go to a base event due to your leadership position, etc, does not mean you are being forced to "embrace and accept it." Trust me, I've been to plenty of ridiculous religious nonsense and things of the sort, and I've also opted out of many, if not most, of extra events. Guess what? Still getting promoted all the time. Hell, they even made me an officer. Also, this same argument was had when gays were allowed to openly serve and marry. Nothing has changed, and no one has forced anyone to embrace or even do anything differently.

    The logistics behind such policies is a good point to bring up. I will admit that this was my only real concern when DADT was repealed, but there hasn't been an issue. Wanna know what else? Other countries that allow transgender to serve openly don't have any problems with this, and there are quite a few. The truth is that you and most of us have already unknowingly showered with gay men and transgender and nothing has ever come of it.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    132
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by meatbringer View Post
    First of all, being expected or encouraged to go to a base event due to your leadership position, etc, does not mean you are being forced to "embrace and accept it." Trust me, I've been to plenty of ridiculous religious nonsense and things of the sort, and I've also opted out of many, if not most, of extra events. Guess what? Still getting promoted all the time. Hell, they even made me an officer. Also, this same argument was had when gays were allowed to openly serve and marry. Nothing has changed, and no one has forced anyone to embrace or even do anything differently.

    The logistics behind such policies is a good point to bring up. I will admit that this was my only real concern when DADT was repealed, but there hasn't been an issue. Wanna know what else? Other countries that allow transgender to serve openly don't have any problems with this, and there are quite a few. The truth is that you and most of us have already unknowingly showered with gay men and transgender and nothing has ever come of it.
    You and I have a difference in opinion. Also, why are you bringing up gay people? I never once had a problem serving with them, nor do I judge them negatively for being gay. Unlike trans, gay people don't deny their own gender.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    132
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    The part i can never understand is how is saying "I am not the gender i was born into" NOT the same sort of 'insanity" as someone claiming "I am Napoleon", or the like???
    Why is one considered "lets lock him up for his own good", while the OTHER gets 'celebrated', and if you don't celebrate it right along with everyone else, you must be a bigot, and we will hound you online/via the courts?
    You know what I say? SCIENCE IS REAL. You were born with a shlong, so therefore you can never be a female...no matter how much you try to pretend to be. Bruce Jenner is a MALE. Chas Bono is a FEMALE. SCIENCE IS REAL. Oh....the hypocrisy of the left.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,328
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Exactly. No matter how many ops you go through your DNA STILL Shows you as male or female...

  10. #30
    Senior Member meatbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    murica
    Posts
    251
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS View Post
    You know what I say? SCIENCE IS REAL. You were born with a shlong, so therefore you can never be a female...no matter how much you try to pretend to be. Bruce Jenner is a MALE. Chas Bono is a FEMALE. SCIENCE IS REAL. Oh....the hypocrisy of the left.
    No one is saying science isn't real, and of course you have to make this a thing about "the left." Not surprising. First the snowflake comment and now this. I can tell you're really smart and unbiased.

    Anyways, as I mentioned previously in this discussion, you guys are extremely uninformed and have obviously decided to not educate yourselves in the matter. Gender identity disorder, hermaphrodites, extreme cases of hormone imbalance, some born as intersex, gonadal dysgenesis, pseudohermaphroditism..... All these things exist, and it is not always as simple as merely saying "Guys have schlongs." Science is real! Read a book.

    Also, I brought up gays because it is very relevant to this argument. It concerns me and tells me that this debate is pointless since you don't see the parallels in the subjects. One could simply use your brilliant stance/argument and say "Men are meant to be attracted to women, so gays must be mentally ill. They shouldn't serve." When the truth is that things are not always that black and white.

    You're right! Science is real! Read up on it, because everything I have mentioned is backed up by scientific research. Imagine that....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •