Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Revive the Forum

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just one family? I supported a TRIBE last year (and three years preceeding). This is the first year in about five years I'm getting something back... Thanks to Trump's new tax laws.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaLawyer View Post
    Just one family? I supported a TRIBE last year (and three years preceeding). This is the first year in about five years I'm getting something back... Thanks to Trump's new tax laws.
    Well i fared a little better than last year.

my taxable income went up $10K. But, Fed Taxes owed dropped by over $2800. All told had $29K FITW thru payroll deductions. And still had to stroke a check to Uncle for another $1300 today.... MAGA..
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 04-16-2019 at 03:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Well i fared a little better than last year.

my taxable income went up $10K. But, Fed Taxes owed dropped by over $2800. All told had $29K FITW thru payroll deductions. And still had to stroke a check to Uncle for another $1300 today.... MAGA..
    I don't remember the exact numbers, but with the higher deduction I definitely paid less in taxes. I used that money (approx. $2,000) to take my wife to some spring training games in FL. From the airfare, stadium, vendors, lodging, to food, many businesses benefited from my tax reduction. It's a shame that the media is spinning the tax cuts as a rich-people only benefit, when that's just a flat out lie.

What also chaps my ass is the assertion that a reduced tax return is somehow evidence that there was no tax cut for lower income earners. Again, the media is spewing lies and they know it. What they should do is explain to people that the tax cuts resulted in lower tax withholdings, thus lower tax returns. While they're at it, they should also explain that tax refunds aren't some kind of annual bonus, but rather an interest free loan that poor people give to the government every year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS View Post
    I don't remember the exact numbers, but with the higher deduction I definitely paid less in taxes. I used that money (approx. $2,000) to take my wife to some spring training games in FL. From the airfare, stadium, vendors, lodging, to food, many businesses benefited from my tax reduction. It's a shame that the media is spinning the tax cuts as a rich-people only benefit, when that's just a flat out lie.
    Our Federal Taxes went up a bit. We had reworked our deductions so we only ended up paying <$1000 to settle up after our paycheck withholding. My State Taxes (LA) went up a lot ... don't know why and I need to research that.

Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS View Post
    What also chaps my ass is the assertion that a reduced tax return is somehow evidence that there was no tax cut for lower income earners. Again, the media is spewing lies and they know it. What they should do is explain to people that the tax cuts resulted in lower tax withholdings, thus lower tax returns. While they're at it, they should also explain that tax refunds aren't some kind of annual bonus, but rather an interest free loan that poor people give to the government every year.
    Concur, many people I know were spouting a smaller return as evidence of higher taxes.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.