Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Revive the Forum

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post

One long time, formerly very logical poster took to discussions of raping my wife and (at the time) 6-year old daughter. When asked to stop he didn't and this made him even more hostile to any posting I made. Eventually after a vulgar tirade, he was banned.
    Dude, you're so delusional. Nobody said shit about raping your wife and 6 year old daughter. The topic was whether a woman was partially to blame if she was sexually assaulted at a frat party (attending by herself) because, though not her fault, she should know better than to put herself in that situation. You disagreed, saying that she should feel safe. I then asked if you'd allow your daughter to be in that situation, as any father with any intelligence would tell their daughter to not put themselves in stupid situations. (I actually hope that's what you teach her. If not, you should be cited for neglect.) That, for some reason, hurt your feelings...and you saw it as saying I thought your daughter and wife should be raped. Can't believe you are actually "in charge" of anything being so ignorant. Anyway, I'd care about another permaban if this forum had anything going for it, but you ruined it long ago.

Good call Rainmaker...

Deuces...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AF sgt View Post
    Dude, you're so delusional. Nobody said shit about raping your wife and 6 year old daughter. The topic was whether a woman was partially to blame if she was sexually assaulted at a frat party (attending by herself) because, though not her fault, she should know better than to put herself in that situation. You disagreed, saying that she should feel safe. I then asked if you'd allow your daughter to be in that situation, as any father with any intelligence would tell their daughter to not put themselves in stupid situations. (I actually hope that's what you teach her. If not, you should be cited for neglect.) That, for some reason, hurt your feelings...and you saw it as saying I thought your daughter and wife should be raped. Can't believe you are actually "in charge" of anything being so ignorant. Anyway, I'd care about another permaban if this forum had anything going for it, but you ruined it long ago.

Good call Rainmaker...

Deuces...
    It was pretty clear who you were (even with the new IP) and what you said, even Rainmaker said something to the effect of knocking it off. I figured referencing it a couple times would get your try to defend it. Steve, you had / have a problem with moderators, we had many good / amenable conversations on my other account but your attitude about moderators led you to find any reason to be an ass to me personally. You referenced ... repeatedly ... sexual assault on my wife and daughter. You hide behind a keyboard saying things you would not dare say to someone in real life and rather than admit it ... please, justify it to yourself again and again, say you don't care about being banned but bother to create a new account after two years to come back & post etc.

If you wish to continue to post, please do ... up until now you have been your old self and I do enjoy your input, but please abide by the Guidelines you agreed to when you joined ... both times.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was pretty clear who you were (even with the new IP) and what you said, even Rainmaker said something to the effect of knocking it off. I figured referencing it a couple times would get your try to defend it. Steve, you had / have a problem with moderators, we had many good / amenable conversations on my other account but your attitude about moderators led you to find any reason to be an ass to me personally. You referenced ... repeatedly ... sexual assault on my wife and daughter. You hide behind a keyboard saying things you would not dare say to someone in real life and rather than admit it ... please, justify it to yourself again and again, say you don't care about being banned but bother to create a new account after two years to come back & post etc.

If you wish to continue to post, please do ... up until now you have been your old self and I do enjoy your input, but please abide by the Guidelines you agreed to when you joined ... both times.
    I never, ever referenced sexual assault on your wife. Ever!!! I'll say it for the last time, then I'll drop it. I simply mentioned teaching one's child (whether you or ANY other parent, though I did mention your's directly) to avoid dangerous situations. That's the last post I'll mention anything about it.

I created a new account because I need something to do between fishing and chillin' and relaxing...no other reason.

I don't hide behind my keyboard any more than you do (and I'm sure you hide behind your rank/position at work). There's nothing I wouldn't say to you in person, and in an actual face to face conversation maybe you would have understood the tone of the comment and not overreact like some stereotypical northeasterner (whether you are or not) who feels that you've been "disrespected".

I wasn't exactly hiding who I was...stating phrases almost word for word as before...and your "traps" were extremely obvious, so don't feel like you succeeded in "outing" me...I just realized that this forum is even more dead than it was before...so whether I'm allowed here or not, I'm not gonna lose any sleep.

Have a great day, "Commander"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You are right, tone and context matter. When buried in with the other personal insults and attacks, I pretty much just took what you said at face value.

Dude, you're so delusional. Nobody said shit about raping your wife and 6 year old daughter.
    I never, ever referenced sexual assault on your wife. Ever!!! I'll say it for the last time, then I'll drop it. I simply mentioned teaching one's child (whether you or ANY other parent, though I did mention your's directly) to avoid dangerous situations. That's the last post I'll mention anything about it.
    At first you said you never mentioned my wife and kid, now you are changing your excuse, which is where most discussions with you go south; when confronted with being incorrect or inconsistent you want to turn things personal ... which is a violation of the user guidelines that you agreed to.

Under your new account, you have multiple times mentioned moderators / moderation. I have admitted that moderation harmed the forums, maybe you look at your own lack of ability to debate and not take it to a personal level and the effect that had on the forum.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You are right, tone and context matter. When buried in with the other personal insults and attacks, I pretty much just took what you said at face value.

At first you said you never mentioned my wife and kid, now you are changing your excuse, which is where most discussions with you go south; when confronted with being incorrect or inconsistent you want to turn things personal ... which is a violation of the user guidelines that you agreed to.

Under your new account, you have multiple times mentioned moderators / moderation. I have admitted that moderation harmed the forums, maybe you look at your own lack of ability to debate and not take it to a personal level and the effect that had on the forum.
    I told you I'm done talking about it. You can think that there was whatever intent in the statements that you want to, and maintain your need to feel disrespected and offended...that's your right...I ain't taking any of it personally...you can talk about my mom, wife, sister, and any other family member you want, in any manner you want, and it isn't gonna bother me...even a little bit...cuz you don't know them...so it's impossible for you to disrespect them.

I can't control what you are offended by and what you aren't, so I'm not even gonna try...

Enjoy work tomorrow, Commander.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I told you I'm done talking about it. You can think that there was whatever intent in the statements that you want to, and maintain your need to feel disrespected and offended...that's your right...I ain't taking any of it personally...you can talk about my mom, wife, sister, and any other family member you want, in any manner you want, and it isn't gonna bother me...even a little bit...cuz you don't know them...so it's impossible for you to disrespect them.

I can't control what you are offended by and what you aren't, so I'm not even gonna try...

Enjoy work tomorrow, Commander.
    And that is the difference in you and I, I wouldn't talk like that about your family ... whether or not I know them or you. It isn't about being offended ... it is basic respect to people.

You are right, MTF used to be a good place to exchange ideas, young military folks would pop in with a question and get an answer from a SNCO or retiree. Gannet used to publish comments from MTF; there were football pools etc., then things like the Rep Wars started. Flame wars left and right, grown adults behaving like kids, young personnel asked questions and were told to shut up. A young spouse asked a question about her husband deploying and at least 3 people asked her to post nudes. Debate went away and all the personal attacks were kicked up to 11.

http://forums.militarytimes.com/show...ape+sandsjames

Post #35:
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Let me ask it this way. Would you caution your daughter not to go to a party at a frat house by herself dressed provocatively? Or would you tell her to go for it because she doesn't need to worry about anything? I know the answer...if you're any kind of a father, you'll tell her to not put herself in dangerous situations. If you don't and your daughter gets raped you can blame yourself. If something happens she could have avoided it. That's all I'm sayin'.
    I used to really like talking to you but, you are right, if I were you I wouldn't talk about the issue that changed my opinion of you anymore either, because you can't defend it and have already changed your version of the story from "Nobody said that" to "I never, EVER said that about your wife ... but did directly mention your kid" (and yes, there is a post where you demeaned my wife, I am just getting tired of typing). You can't take being wrong and when you are shown to be wrong you need to attack me and comment on where I am from (you are incorrect), my rank, or my family.

And yes, I still work. My daughter ... the one you discussed assaulting ... in addition to her cranio-facial issues was diagnosed with Leukemia; the prime reason I am still in uniform is the medical coverage for her. She gets world class treatment at Johns Hopkins via the US Family Health Care plan ... what an idiotic dope I am, thinking of my kid before I think of my fishing and me chillin'. People used to come here and vent or discuss issues like that too, instead I am sure you will find a way to work that into the round of personal attacks and blame me or say I invited it for having brought it up at all.

If you want to discuss reviving forum and why it declined ... your mentality is the reason that productive conversation and debate went away. Your mentality is why new members don't join and Gannet won't publish comments from the forums; you can right point a finger at moderation ... but there are far more fingers to be pointed in the direction of your immature, angry and basically poor mentality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And that is the difference in you and I, I wouldn't talk like that about your family ... whether or not I know them or you. It isn't about being offended ... it is basic respect to people.

You are right, MTF used to be a good place to exchange ideas, young military folks would pop in with a question and get an answer from a SNCO or retiree. Gannet used to publish comments from MTF; there were football pools etc., then things like the Rep Wars started. Flame wars left and right, grown adults behaving like kids, young personnel asked questions and were told to shut up. A young spouse asked a question about her husband deploying and at least 3 people asked her to post nudes. Debate went away and all the personal attacks were kicked up to 11.

Post #35:

I used to really like talking to you but, you are right, if I were you I wouldn't talk about the issue that changed my opinion of you anymore either, because you can't defend it and have already changed your version of the story from "Nobody said that" to "I never, EVER said that about your wife ... but did directly mention your kid" (and yes, there is a post where you demeaned my wife, I am just getting tired of typing). You can't take being wrong and when you are shown to be wrong you need to attack me and comment on where I am from (you are incorrect), my rank, or my family.

And yes, I still work. My daughter ... the one you discussed assaulting ... in addition to her cranio-facial issues was diagnosed with Leukemia; the prime reason I am still in uniform is the medical coverage for her. She gets world class treatment at Johns Hopkins via the US Family Health Care plan ... what an idiotic dope I am, thinking of my kid before I think of my fishing and me chillin'. People used to come here and vent or discuss issues like that too, instead I am sure you will find a way to work that into the round of personal attacks and blame me or say I invited it for having brought it up at all.

If you want to discuss reviving forum and why it declined ... your mentality is the reason that productive conversation and debate went away. Your mentality is why new members don't join and Gannet won't publish comments from the forums; you can right point a finger at moderation ... but there are far more fingers to be pointed in the direction of your immature, angry and basically poor mentality.
    Ah....the good 'ole days. All we need now is a rep meter. Eff this. I'm out.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Post #35:

I'm sorry you feel that way. Nothing I can do about your feelings. If you want respect, you've got plenty of people paid to show you that. I know an entire political party you can join who claims to be all about that sort of thing.

If you want honesty and truth, then I'd be glad to stay and be the "same person I used to be" (which never changed in the first place).

It's entirely up to you, of course (I know you like hearing that sort of thing). Honestly, I'm good either way. Whatever happens, just let it go...and if you can't let it go, make somebody go mop...sorry...swab something until you feel better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm sorry you feel that way. Nothing I can do about your feelings. If you want respect, you've got plenty of people paid to show you that. I know an entire political party you can join who claims to be all about that sort of thing.

If you want honesty and truth, then I'd be glad to stay and be the "same person I used to be" (which never changed in the first place).

It's entirely up to you, of course (I know you like hearing that sort of thing). Honestly, I'm good either way. Whatever happens, just let it go...and if you can't let it go, make somebody go mop...sorry...swab something until you feel better.
    Steve, You said you didn't say antyhing about my daughter getting raped, I posted exactly what you said ... you refuse own it ... for some reason you have an excuse for everything, now you want it to be political.

Better than having someone mop ... I can give you a bit more time to go fish and chill more ...

But you are right ... maybe I do feel a bit better now.

I don't care if you respect me or not, being disrepectful to my kid ... you crossed a line. You are too small of a man to admit it.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Good call Rainmaker...

Deuces...
    Well it didn't take Nancy Drew and the Hardy boys to figure it out SJ. Now, i just need to find where the other family that I'm supporting lives... Just got my taxes done.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 04-15-2019 at 06:11 PM.