Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Retirement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thoughts on Retirement

Thread split
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LogDog View Post
    Don't think I didn't notice you didn't respond to the link I provided
    Keep your shirt on Munson..... Rainmaker just overlooked it... Because It was hidden amongst these dozens of riveting posts, about your new bowling ball...

Quote Originally Posted by AF sgt View Post
    self-im·por·tant
    /ˈˌself əmˈpôrtnt/

adjective

having an exaggerated sense of one's own value or importance.

Fortunately, it's reversible.....Please seek Help.
    Thanks Mr. Webster.....How were you ever able to muster up enough energy, to get your head out of your ice-hole and open up the dictionary?

Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Thread split
    Where have you been Commander?....Things are picking back up!!!....Here's the lastest video highlights from AF sgt and LogDog's Saturday night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AClQyr2koxc
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 02-17-2019 at 04:18 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Thanks Mr. Webster.....How were you ever able to muster up enough energy, to get your head out of your ice-hole and open up the dictionary?
    Figured if you were gonna play Freud then I would play Webster.

Where have you been Commander?....Things are picking back up!!!....Here's the lastest video highlights from AF sgt and LogDog's Saturday night.
    And Rainmaker's Saturday night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9YPYRaeTW0

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

And Rainmaker's Saturday night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9YPYRaeTW0
    speaking of repetitive......Waaaaaaaa!!! these racists are being mean to me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ....
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 02-17-2019 at 04:44 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    speaking of repetitive......Waaaaaaaa!!! these racists are being mean to me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ....
    Looks like something hit a nerve.

Anyway, back to the topic with LogDog

Last September the wife and I bought a boat. Not a big one. It's a SunTracker with a 60HP Mercury. Very comfortable for fishing for 3 to 4 people. We live very near a lake (Eagle Lake, CA). It's the second largest natural lake in California, and has a very interesting history with it's fish. It only has Rainbow Trout. It has such a high Alkaline level that only native fish can survive. We regularly pull 5-7 pounders out, with the "small" ones being 2 to 3 pounds. They close the lake to fishing from Jan 1 to Memorial day, so the fish can spawn and grow uninterrupted (plus we get so much snow that it's hard for them to maintain the roads and the marina this time of year). No biggy, we have to drive about 45 minutes to another lake.

Can get a little cabin fever in the winter, so we're thinking about taking up snow shoeing or cross country skiing (just for the local area). Elevation is about 5100 ft, so almost anything is a good cardio workout. We're one of about 20 families that stay in the area year round. Most have winter homes elsewhere, but I've got all the free time to shovel out, etc. Just have to make sure we stay stocked up on frozen stuff, in case we can't get out for a few days. It's a great life. Quiet, lots of wildlife, etc.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Looks like something hit a nerve.
    Not hardly Sandsja...uh..i mean (cough
    cough)... Sarge

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not hardly Sandsja...uh..i mean (cough
    cough)... Sarge
    Don't be afraid. Say it. What racist name were you going to call me?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Don't be afraid. Say it. What racist name were you going to call me?
    Don’t push it "Sarge"..... It’s still early in your recovery and relapses are common, in people with your condition (Stage 4 TDS).

You’re already showing signs of relapsing and so it’s imperative that you pull yourself back (instead of sinking deeper into these negative feelings)

But, we simply can’t afford to have any more emotional outbursts from you....e.g. cussing out your fellow posters, threating to rape the forum moderator’s family etc. etc.

See? Everyone understands that your Self-Esteem has taken a hit. What with you failing your last 10 PT tests, being forced into retiring as an underachieving E-6, and then losing your new GS-3 job (teaching 18 year old girls how to check the oil in the generator) and then having to move to a trailer park in the mountains in order to make ends meet.....Sounds Terrible. I know.

Now, hear this: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO LET ALL THOSE AWFUL THINGS DEFINE YOU ANYMORE... Because, there’s always tomorrow and you have nowhere to go but up!

Feel free to reach out to your friends here on the MTF, if you need help.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 02-19-2019 at 02:11 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Don’t push it "Sarge"..... It’s still early in your recovery and relapses are common, in people with your condition (Stage 4 TDS).

You’re already showing signs of relapsing and so it’s imperative that you pull yourself back (instead of sinking deeper into these negative feelings)

But, we simply can’t afford to have any more emotional outbursts from you....e.g. cussing out your fellow posters, threating to rape the forum moderator’s family etc. etc.

See? Everyone understands that your Self-Esteem has taken a hit. What with you failing your last 10 PT tests, being forced into retiring as an underachieving E-6, and then losing your new GS-3 job (teaching 18 year old girls how to check the oil in the generator) and then having to move to a trailer park in the mountains in order to make ends meet.....Sounds Terrible. I know.

Now, hear this: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO LET ALL THOSE AWFUL THINGS DEFINE YOU ANYMORE... Because, there’s always tomorrow and you have nowhere to go but up!

Feel free to reach out to your friends here on the MTF, if you need help.
    I'm not sure what you're rambling about, but you were right about one thing. There are a several trailers in the area up here (I'm guessing you looked it up on Google Maps or something after I mentioned the area) and quite a few RV parks. It's how a lot of people afford a "summer" home when they aren't "year rounders". A lot of other people own them and rent them out for quite a profit. I, myself, have an RV hookup in the from of my 1/2 acre (not huge, but plenty of room) lot that I am able to rent out to people in the summer for a tidy sum.

I actually think you'd like the area. It has a very "militia" type feel to it. Most people here can't stand the thought of minorities, even legal ones, and are always sure to make it clear how many guns they have under their beds.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

I actually think you'd like the area. It has a very "militia" type feel to it. Most people here can't stand the thought of minorities, even legal ones, and are always sure to make it clear how many guns they have under their beds.
    You previously stated that you were from Greenville.

Anyhow, Im familiar with the area.

Been thru susanville once. Wife has/had some family in Chico/Paradise
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 02-19-2019 at 05:08 PM.