Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Superbowl

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Have always thought, along with millions of others, that the Monday should be a holiday. Any Commander worth their salt gives their guys (non mission essential) at least until noon.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Bos Mutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,543
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AF sgt View Post
    Have always thought, along with millions of others, that the Monday should be a holiday. Any Commander worth their salt gives their guys (non mission essential) at least until noon.
    As I recall, it was a base-wide down day at Osan when I was there...of course the game came on Monday morning there...

    In Germany, I think they game came on at like 11 pm Sunday night...and Monday was a liberal leave day. We could close the shop if everyone took a day of leave, but there were usually a few people that did not want to burn a day of leave cuz they didn't care about the game, so we had like a skeleton shift basically.

    I'm not convinced giving time off Monday after the SB is really the measure of a commander though. :-)
    The Voice of Reason

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post

    I'm not convinced giving time off Monday after the SB is really the measure of a commander though. :-)
    I was being hyperbolic, of course. Not saying that a commander can't be a good commander without giving the Monday (at least partially) off. Just saying that every good commander I ever had gave the Monday off. And I'm not talking about liberal leave. Talking about a "pass".

    Would be simpler if it was a holiday.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Bos Mutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,543
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AF sgt View Post
    I was being hyperbolic, of course. .
    I know, the smiley face indicates I'm just funnin' with ya...
    The Voice of Reason

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    Game starts at 1830 EST.
    Ok, my wife lied to me. 1830 Puppy Bowl start time!

  6. #16
    Senior Member Bos Mutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,543
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Total snooze fest.
    The Voice of Reason

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yep. Possibly the worst Superbowl ever. And the worst commercials.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Another way to look at the game is to recognize what a great defensive battle it was...all the way up until the end almost. I'm wondering how the Saints would have done....ho hum.

  9. #19
    Senior Member LogDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Somewhere, Ca
    Posts
    800
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was expecting more offense out of both teams but it was a defensive battle throughout the game. I guess the adage "Defense wins Super Bowls" proved true. The only real offense in the game was on the drive where the Patriots scored a touchdown. Other than that drive, both teams ran the ball and made a few good passing plays.

    It was a most unspectacular game.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Bos Mutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,543
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LogDog View Post
    I was expecting more offense out of both teams but it was a defensive battle throughout the game. I guess the adage "Defense wins Super Bowls" proved true. The only real offense in the game was on the drive where the Patriots scored a touchdown. Other than that drive, both teams ran the ball and made a few good passing plays.

    It was a most unspectacular game.
    I expected the Patriots to run the ball, they've done so well running the ball lately and those long drives just suck the life outta the other team.

    I think the Rams D was just exhausted there at the end...all according to Belicheks plan I reckon. On pass game, I can understand how Edelman gets open, he's a quick shifty dude...I don't get how Gronk is 10 yards in the clear on a few of those plays.

    I was surprised the Rams couldn't throw better...seems their receivers were always covered, and they have some damn good receivers. Brandin Cooks shoulda caught that TD pass though, right in the chest.
    The Voice of Reason

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •