Thread: Arctic "A" Device

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Arctic "A" Device

I decided to forget about asking HQ USAF (and/or AFPC) to make the Arctic "A" Device retroactive to the same dates as the AF Overseas Ribbon-Short Tour. I am pretty sure HQ USAF (and/or AFPC) would not have cared about what I had to say, which actually depresses me more than not being eligible for the Device...

Anyway. Thanks to you folks for considering what I had to say. Take care.
    Last edited by Arctic Circle Service Vet; 04-03-2019 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Original contained way too many CAPITAL LETTERS; looked too much like I was "screaming." I did not intend that, and this corrected it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Have you tried writing a letter to the Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force; I would guess the majority of people that could be impacted are (prior) enlisted Airmen ... it would be in his lane.

CMSAF Kaleth O. Wright
    Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force
    1670 Air Force Pentagon
    Washington, DC 20330-1670
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Seems reasonable.

I was TDY to Thule for a couple weeks...spending a year there or other like assignment deserves something!!
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good luck, you may also look into the Air Force Association to try and get some leverage / momentum. As I see it, it wouldn't really 'cost' the USAF anything ... I don't know if they 'award' the devices or just authorize them for wear and recipients buy at their own cost (that is how the USN does it).

I froze my butt of a long time ago in Norway when I was in the Marines for about 40 days ... qualified for the Arctic Service Ribbon ... living up there for a year ... whoa
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Circle Service Vet View Post
    I'll try writing Chief Wright; but I suspect "The Powers That Be" won't be thrilled to even read a request of this nature. But, who knows. In any event, thank you both again.
    I don't know why they wouldn't be thrilled...seems like an easy win for leadership and no losers.

From what I've seen of Chief Wright, he is quite the man of the people and seems to do a lot of stuff like this.
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post

From what I've seen of Chief Wright, he is quite the man of the people and seems to do a lot of stuff like this.
    The cucks over on reddit Airforce love the guy.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Circle Service Vet View Post
    is the additional recognition worth the hours of extra work it would require? Also (and worse), am I way too self-indulgent about the whole thing? I do need to think some more,
    Well You do seem to be a little emotionally invested over a device on a ribbon....That said, sounds like a unique tour & thanks for your service..
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 02-06-2019 at 01:32 AM.