Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Bias

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Media Bias

Two different sides to the same event, one getting significant more traction ...

The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    More info coming out everyday.

https://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=84457

This dude was described as a Vietnam Vet in many reports. After it came out that he was too young to have served in Vietnam. He's referring to himself as a "Vietnam times" veteran. whatever the hell that means. Apparently he had a similar incident at Eastern Michigan University in 2015...... More will come out. But, sure appears, as if this guy is another left-wing Grievance Junky/Race baiter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=Rainmaker;371476]More info coming out everyday.

https://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=84457

This dude was described as a Vietnam Vet in many reports. After it came out that he was too young to have served in Vietnam. He's referring to himself as a "Vietnam times" veteran. whatever the hell that means. Apparently he had a similar incident at Eastern Michigan University in 2015...... More will come out. [t/quote]
    A "Vietnam times" or "Vietnam Era" veteran is a person, like myself, who served in the military during the Vietnam War as opposed to a person who was in Vietnam during that war.
    But, sure appears, as if this guy is another left-wing Grievance Junky/Race baiter.
    Of course, your bias isn't showing, is it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    “Vietnam era” just means he was in the military during the Vietnam War. He (carefully or not) has not (as far as anything I have seen) actually claimed to be a Vietnam (war) veteran. Don Shipley had previously requested via FOIA copies of his DD214; Mr. Phillips was enlisted in the USMC Reserve for 4 years as a Refrigeration Technician — he has claimed to have been a “Recon Ranger” (I do know that as of this morning the USMC Force Reconnaisance Association has no record of him having completed Basic Reconnaissance Course, Amphibious Reconnaisance School, or having served with a Recon Battalion or Force), discharged as a private (E1), 3 periods of UA, never left CONUS on orders.

From what I have read, Mr. Phillips is a frequent agitator with a historupy of injecting himself into situations, escalation tensions and then citing racism after the fact. This is not the first (or second or third time) different camera angles showed that he was likely the aggressor in the situations he has been involved in.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LogDog View Post

Of course, your bias isn't showing, is it?
    Yes, Of course, I am Biased.... and So are you.

This is a forum..... It's a place to exchange our Views and to express our OPINIONs.

My opinion is that Nathan Phillips is a FRAUD.

However, it's just an opinion. But, I think, it's an informed Opinion.

Now, What is your opinion of Mr. "Phillips"?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Yes, Of course, I am Biased.... and So are you.

This is a forum..... It's a place to exchange our Views and to express our OPINIONs.

My opinion is that Nathan Phillips is a FRAUD.

However, it's just an opinion. But, I think, it's an informed Opinion.

If Native American's had built a wall before Europeans decided to start exploring, they wouldn't be having these problems.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Two different sides to the same event, one getting significant more traction ...
    Here's the thing....

The media has ALWAYS had bias. Since the invention of the media. It is nothing new. Since the founding of our country and before...there has been media bias. There were newspapers funded and printed by the poltical parties...they've always hounded, insulted and stretched the truth on the 'other side..

This is no reason to restrict the Freedom of the Press, but take it all with the same grain of salt you take any random forum post. Even if a reporter tries to be unbiased, there's just no way to view and interpret events without personal bias.

Anyone with half a brain should know to read critically...consider the source...gather other opinions, if necessary.

All the constant crying about the MSM and biased.... No shit, Sherlock, change the channel or read critically for relevant info.
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Birthname is actually Phillips, “Stanard” is the assumed name.

Like any American, Mr. Phillips has a right to his opinions, he has the right to peacefully assemble and voice those opinions, rare in the world he has the right to be critical of his own government.

I think he is careful to find situations that make him look aggrieved to reinforce his platforms on racism and anti-Native sentiment. I also think he has been very careful in his use of terms like “Vietnam Era” veteran to get calculated reactions. One infantry-centric page (makes @Rainmaker at times seem like a lefty) I follow on social media called out the kids for being disrespectful to a “Veteran”, the page did have the sense to retract the posting and state they got it wrong.

It takes a special kind of coward to get in the face of, call for doxing, violence against, death threats etc on 16 year old kids ... especially once the story has been shown to not be what was originally represented ... not just talking about Mr. Phillips.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    Here's the thing....

The media has ALWAYS had bias. Since the invention of the media. It is nothing new. Since the founding of our country and before...there has been media bias. There were newspapers funded and printed by the poltical parties...they've always hounded, insulted and stretched the truth on the 'other side..

This is no reason to restrict the Freedom of the Press, but take it all with the same grain of salt you take any random forum post. Even if a reporter tries to be unbiased, there's just no way to view and interpret events without personal bias.

Anyone with half a brain should know to read critically...consider the source...gather other opinions, if necessary.

All the constant crying about the MSM and biased.... No shit, Sherlock, change the channel or read critically for relevant info.
    Yes, but there used to be a whole lot more reporting and a whole lot less opining. That's why local news is the only thing I can deal with anymore. Other than local news, there really isn't any "news" anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AF sgt View Post
    Yes, but there used to be a whole lot more reporting and a whole lot less opining. That's why local news is the only thing I can deal with anymore. Other than local news, there really isn't any "news" anymore.
    There’s always Not Necessarily the News