Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 62

Thread: Media Bias

  1. #21
    Administrator Mjölnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    2,953
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AF sgt View Post
    Yeah, cuz Indians have it pretty "gravy" for sure. I mean, we're even nice enough to let them have their own legal system and rules on their own land. That's mighty white of us.
    Looking at it with the 21st-century viewpoint can be somewhat misleading.

    Based on the concept of manifest destiny, which was very prevalent in the 19th century, it’s actually a small miracle the Native Americans were allowed to retain any lands, laws, or tribal identity.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Looking at it with the 21st-century viewpoint can be somewhat misleading.

    Based on the concept of manifest destiny, which was very prevalent in the 19th century, it’s actually a small miracle the Native Americans were allowed to retain any lands, laws, or tribal identity.
    Well aren't they lucky.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on a Marl Road
    Posts
    3,880
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AF sgt View Post
    Yeah, cuz Indians have it pretty "gravy" for sure. I mean, we're even nice enough to let them have their own legal system and rules on their own land. That's mighty white of us.
    Feel free to donate your time and money, to assuage your feelings of white guilt.

  4. #24
    Administrator Mjölnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    2,953
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AF sgt View Post
    Well aren't they lucky.
    No, they weren't. But it was the way of doing things at the time. We carpet bombed Dresden Germany in WWII killing tens of thousands of German non-combatants, something we would not do today, but not off the table for the time.

    Manifest destiny was a fairly prevalent concept in the 19th century, by 21st century standards it is racists, unacceptable and a variety of other terms.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on a Marl Road
    Posts
    3,880
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LogDog View Post
    If your opinion of Mr. Phillips is an "opinion opinion" then what is the information you have concerning him?
    Like most I watched MSM coverage, read a few blogs, both for and against. watched a 1hour and 46 minute youtube video of the incident..... But, what really swung my opinion, was when I read the reviews of the local Indian Hard- Rock Casino on Yelp..... These old Indian guys are known, far and wide, to be swindlers!



    Quote Originally Posted by LogDog View Post
    If As for my opinion on Mr. Phillips, I don't have one because I don't have enough information on him to form an opinion. However, I will read up on him and come back and give you my opinion.
    I'll be waiting with bated breath

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Feel free to donate your time and money, to assuage your feelings of white guilt.
    I have no guilt. I'm just not going to pretend to assume to know how they should feel about things.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    No, they weren't. But it was the way of doing things at the time. We carpet bombed Dresden Germany in WWII killing tens of thousands of German non-combatants, something we would not do today, but not off the table for the time.

    Manifest destiny was a fairly prevalent concept in the 19th century, by 21st century standards it is racists, unacceptable and a variety of other terms.
    I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. That Indians should be grateful that they weren't completely destroyed?

  8. #28
    Administrator Mjölnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    2,953
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AF sgt View Post
    I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. That Indians should be grateful that they weren't completely destroyed?
    No, I just nerd out on history.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,326
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    More info coming out everyday.

    https://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=84457

    This dude was described as a Vietnam Vet in many reports. After it came out that he was too young to have served in Vietnam. He's referring to himself as a "Vietnam times" veteran. whatever the hell that means. Apparently he had a similar incident at Eastern Michigan University in 2015...... More will come out. But, sure appears, as if this guy is another left-wing Grievance Junky/Race baiter.
    Which is why some folk feel this was deliberately staged..

    And of course the media is silent/doing all they can to squash the truth of the matter.. Kind of hard to make these maga supporting kids look bad if they did let the truth be heard.

    Quote Originally Posted by AF sgt View Post
    That was always very entertaining. What's funny is that shows like that (and all the Comedy Central stuff) used to be looked at as satire. Now it is no different than any other media organization. Pretty much all "news" shows have turned into "The Daily Show".
    Which is why i don't watch a single damn one of them.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    247
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    “Vietnam era” just means he was in the military during the Vietnam War. He (carefully or not) has not (as far as anything I have seen) actually claimed to be a Vietnam (war) veteran. Don Shipley had previously requested via FOIA copies of his DD214; Mr. Phillips was enlisted in the USMC Reserve for 4 years as a Refrigeration Technician — he has claimed to have been a “Recon Ranger” (I do know that as of this morning the USMC Force Reconnaisance Association has no record of him having completed Basic Reconnaissance Course, Amphibious Reconnaisance School, or having served with a Recon Battalion or Force), discharged as a private (E1), 3 periods of UA, never left CONUS on orders.
    I am really surprised any one can get a copy of DD Form 214 through FOIA without approval from individual. There is just too much personal data.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •