Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Bias

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AF sgt View Post
    Yes, but there used to be a whole lot more reporting and a whole lot less opining. That's why local news is the only thing I can deal with anymore. Other than local news, there really isn't any "news" anymore.
    There’s always Not Necessarily the News
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    There’s always Not Necessarily the News
    That was always very entertaining. What's funny is that shows like that (and all the Comedy Central stuff) used to be looked at as satire. Now it is no different than any other media organization. Pretty much all "news" shows have turned into "The Daily Show".

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    If Native American's had built a wall before Europeans decided to start exploring, they wouldn't be having these problems.
    No doubt. It'd be a regular utopia.... they'd have only minor problems....like avoiding raids from brutal rival tribes, widespread slavery, human sacrifice, syphilis epidemics and bad trips from hallucinogenic drugs
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 01-23-2019 at 07:13 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    “Vietnam era” just means he was in the military during the Vietnam War. He (carefully or not) has not (as far as anything I have seen) actually claimed to be a Vietnam (war) veteran. Don Shipley had previously requested via FOIA copies of his DD214; Mr. Phillips was enlisted in the USMC Reserve for 4 years as a Refrigeration Technician — he has claimed to have been a “Recon Ranger” (I do know that as of this morning the USMC Force Reconnaisance Association has no record of him having completed Basic Reconnaissance Course, Amphibious Reconnaisance School, or having served with a Recon Battalion or Force), discharged as a private (E1), 3 periods of UA, never left CONUS on orders.

From what I have read, Mr. Phillips is a frequent agitator with a historupy of injecting himself into situations, escalation tensions and then citing racism after the fact. This is not the first (or second or third time) different camera angles showed that he was likely the aggressor in the situations he has been involved in.
    I'd like to see the sources of what you read.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Yes, Of course, I am Biased.... and So are you.

This is a forum..... It's a place to exchange our Views and to express our OPINIONs.

My opinion is that Nathan Phillips is a FRAUD.

However, it's just an opinion. But, I think, it's an informed Opinion.

Now, What is your opinion of Mr. "Phillips"?
    If your opinion of Mr. Phillips is an "opinion opinion" then what is the information you have concerning him?

As for my opinion on Mr. Phillips, I don't have one because I don't have enough information on him to form an opinion. However, I will read up on him and come back and give you my opinion.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No doubt. It'd be a regular utopia.... they'd have only minor problems....like avoiding raids from brutal rival tribes, widespread slavery, human sacrifice, syphilis epidemics and bad trips from hallucinogenic drugs
    That's ok. That was the society they chose to live in. They didn't need people coming in looking for free land and stuff, using their resources. Not our job to determine how people live in their own country.

And really, we wouldn't even know that they had those problems because we couldn't have possibly made it past the wall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LogDog View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/newsmav...UiwJPURPIlzxg/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LogDog View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/newsmav...UiwJPURPIlzxg/

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    That's ok. That was the society they chose to live in. They didn't need people coming in looking for free land and stuff, using their resources. Not our job to determine how people live in their own country.
    Right on!

& If only those evil Roman bastards wouldn't have conquered my people, living peacefully on our ancestral homelands (within Greater Germania) then everything would be gravy for me Now...

Sadly, I may never recover, from the evil Roman colonial legacy...... I think I'll demand reparations be paid to me, from today's Italian citizens!
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 01-23-2019 at 07:29 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Right on!

& If only those evil Roman bastards wouldn't have conquered my people, living peacefully on our ancestral homelands (within Greater Germania) then everything would be gravy for me Now...

Sadly, I may never recover, from the evil Roman colonial legacy...... I think I'll demand reparations be paid to me, from today's Italian citizens!
    Yeah, cuz Indians have it pretty "gravy" for sure. I mean, we're even nice enough to let them have their own legal system and rules on their own land. That's mighty white of us.