Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: White Privilege cited ... against black man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

White Privilege cited ... against black man

Awkward ...

CNN legal analyst Areva Martin thought she was talking to a white man Tuesday while appearing as a guest on David Webb’s SiriusXM radio show.

When Webb, a frequent Fox News contributor and host on Fox Nation, said he considered his qualifications more important than his skin color when applying to jobs in journalism, Martin accused him of exercising white privilege.

But there’s a problem with that sentiment, as Webb quickly pointed out:

“Areva, I hate to break it to you, but you should’ve been better prepped,” he responded. “I’m black.”

cont.

Washington Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-...=.7c1100562545
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Priceless.... & Now that they know he's black... I'm sure he can get a job with CNN!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pretty standard. Anyone who doesn't toe the line is automatically racist, homophobic, or xenophobic.

Have you seen the latest Gillette ad? If you don't like it then you are a "prick" who the ad is targeted at. That's right. Masculinity BAD.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Yea i have. And seeing the backlash against Gillette online, is priceless.
    Especially when one of the first commentators i saw, ranting against them, had stats from his schools for the years he was there, showing MORE gals got disciplined for bullying, than guys were.. BUT Gillette seemed to make it sound like only Guys bully..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There is privilege in society, there is a certain level of privilege just for being being born white, male, both etc. in the US. That said, the incessant citing of 'privilege' discounts what individuals are able to accomplish, insisting that society is governed by racist or sexist conspiracies and dismisses that so much of our society is a meritocracy based on equal opportunity (the American Dream) but not equal outcomes. Not everyone is born into the same circumstances and that's just life; inequality exists but hard work, dedication & discipline are avenues to success. I generally view the quick-draw calls of privilege to generally be borne of envy and ignorance vice systematic, conspiratorial repression.

Behind every success, large or small, there is a story, and it isn’t always told by sex or skin color.

The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There is privilege in society, there is a certain level of privilege just for being being born white, male, both etc. in the US. That said, the incessant citing of 'privilege' discounts what individuals are able to accomplish, insisting that society is governed by racist or sexist conspiracies and dismisses that so much of our society is a meritocracy based on equal opportunity (the American Dream) but not equal outcomes. Not everyone is born into the same circumstances and that's just life; inequality exists but hard work, dedication & discipline are avenues to success. I generally view the quick-draw calls of privilege to generally be borne of envy and ignorance vice systematic, conspiratorial repression.

Behind every success, large or small, there is a story, and it isn’t always told by sex or skin color.
    I would say that there is far more privilege in this country based on how attractive a person is, no matter the color or gender.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Yea i have. And seeing the backlash against Gillette online, is priceless.
    Especially when one of the first commentators i saw, ranting against them, had stats from his schools for the years he was there, showing MORE gals got disciplined for bullying, than guys were.. BUT Gillette seemed to make it sound like only Guys bully..
    Feminine female-Good, Masculine Female-Good, Feminine Male-Good, Masculine Male, very, very bad.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Yup. Heck the APA (american psychartic association) said "true masculinity is bad.." or something like that.
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/41916...ful-matt-walsh

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is kinda related to the above. Don't know if y'all have heard about the White House food "controversy" for the Clemson football team, but apparently everyone is taking shots at the President (who paid for the meal himself) for serving fast food, calling it disrespectful. One of the commentators on a sports talk show this morning even went as far as to bring up the fact that the majority of players are black.

The funny part, IMO, is that several athletes who have previously visited the White House (Superbowl, NBA, and NCAA), when asked what kind of food they were served, pointed out that they weren't served meals at all. Teddy Bruschi said that he'd been there 3 times since 2002, and was never served anything.

Just goes to show where we are as a country. I'm not personally a fan of Trump, nor have I ever been, but the dude pays out of pocket to give college kids fast food for lunch and it somehow turns our to be disrespectful and racist.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I feel very fortunate.
    The Voice of Reason