Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Govt. Shutdown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AF sgt View Post
    The constitution simply doesn't allow the formation of a "national" religion. A Muslim president wouldn't force/institute Sharia because that is specifically what the constitution talks about with "separation of church and state".
    No, but Muslim majorities in Western countries can and will change the laws to fit Islam. It's already happening in communities within the EU. Although it can take decades to happen, it's not unforeseeable for future Muslim-dominated state governments for push for a Constitutional Convention to radically change/weaken our Constitution. Of course, Progressives will succeed at this long before the Muslim population grows large enough to wield that kind of influence. Perhaps progressive non-Muslims, in the name of 'equality' will help push the Islam agenda. Just for clarification, some of the nicest, trustworthy people I've met are Muslim. That said, Islam itself has never been, nor ever will be compatible with Western culture.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS View Post
    No, but Muslim majorities in Western countries can and will change the laws to fit Islam. It's already happening in communities within the EU. Although it can take decades to happen, it's not unforeseeable for future Muslim-dominated state governments for push for a Constitutional Convention to radically change/weaken our Constitution. Of course, Progressives will succeed at this long before the Muslim population grows large enough to wield that kind of influence. Perhaps progressive non-Muslims, in the name of 'equality' will help push the Islam agenda. Just for clarification, some of the nicest, trustworthy people I've met are Muslim. That said, Islam itself has never been, nor ever will be compatible with Western culture.
    Please provide where this is already happening with the specific laws they are changing.

The idea that the U.S., as a Christian-dominated nation, or any state is going to be dominated by Muslims is fear-mongering. The push for a Constitutional Convention to radically change/weaken our Constitution has been pushed for years by republican conservatives, thankfully, to no avail, to institute a Christianistas government on American citizens.

Christianity itself has never been, nor ever will be compatible with Middle East culture.

See how easy it is to make shit up. Just take your fear-mongering and substitute Christian for Muslim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LogDog View Post
    Please provide where this is already happening with the specific laws they are changing.

The idea that the U.S., as a Christian-dominated nation, or any state is going to be dominated by Muslims is fear-mongering. The push for a Constitutional Convention to radically change/weaken our Constitution has been pushed for years by republican conservatives, thankfully, to no avail, to institute a Christianistas government on American citizens.

Christianity itself has never been, nor ever will be compatible with Middle East culture.

See how easy it is to make shit up. Just take your fear-mongering and substitute Christian for Muslim.
    Exactly. Both sides are big on fear-mongering. It's what they do. One preys on the fears of conservative white Christians that the we're all going to be speaking Farsi and praying 5 times a day while the other side preys on fears of the liberal poor/working class that all benefits/entitlements/etc are going to be taken away. It's the game they play.

I haven't watched any "news", other than local, in about 8 months. No MSNBC, Fox, CNN, or any other opinion columns channels hiding behind the guise of "news". My life has never been better. I say this knowing full well that many will laugh at my choice of ignorance, but I wasn't even aware that there was a government shutdown going on until about 10 days in. I've found that none of it impacts my day to day life and I'm much happier without it. Selfish? Probably. But that's the price I play for living with almost zero stress.
    Last edited by AF sgt; 01-12-2019 at 09:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LogDog View Post

One of many stories highlighting the impact of growing Muslim majorities:

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/1...-islamic-state

A more local example of Muslim culture in our own backyard:

http://www.michiganradio.org/post/mo...e-sacred-chant

Do the major news outlets create fear mongering to support their own agendas? Absolutely. Is it a fact that a majority Muslim population will erode Western culture as we know it, and quite possibly result in diminished freedoms that, unfortunately, many Americans today take for granted? Absolutely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AF sgt View Post
    I haven't watched any "news", other than local, in about 8 months. No MSNBC, Fox, CNN, or any other opinion columns channels hiding behind the guise of "news". My life has never been better. I say this knowing full well that many will laugh at my choice of ignorance, but I wasn't even aware that there was a government shutdown going on until about 10 days in. I've found that none of it impacts my day to day life and I'm much happier without it. Selfish? Probably. But that's the price I play for living with almost zero stress.
    I have considered doing this too, although I think the local news is far worse in many respects, or at least in the major city I live next to. The news is 15 minutes about who got stabbed or shot, 10 minutes of local politicians were arrested for fraud, and 5 minutes for a sports recap. Oh joy!

Here's a favorite article of mine that supports turning off the news:

https://www.raptitude.com/2016/12/fi...quit-the-news/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have considered doing this too, although I think the local news is far worse in many respects, or at least in the major city I live next to. The news is 15 minutes about who got stabbed or shot, 10 minutes of local politicians were arrested for fraud, and 5 minutes for a sports recap. Oh joy!

It's been great for a lot of things. Especially my relationship with my family. When they start to talk about stuff, I just honestly reply "I have no idea what you're talking about" and we move on to normal conversation. When we visit my parents, my dad will have all the shows from one channel recorded and will watch the live shows, then during commercial, switch to the recorded shows, so it's non-stop propoganda from the major "news" networks. The last time I watched more than 5 minutes of it, it could have very well been a reply from a year ago. It just never changes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great article. Couldn't be more true. It's been about 5 months for us. Never been happier. No worse off than before. If I log on and there's a big headline about some 9/11 type situation, then I'll pay attention.