Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Govt. Shutdown

  1. #11
    Senior Member LogDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Somewhere, Ca
    Posts
    719
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS View Post
    I am saddened that our educational institutions are indoctrinating our future voters to hate our current form of government and economic system. Just yesterday, my wife told me that the library has a book on the top shelf of the "teen" reading called "Resist."
    Would that book be "Resist" by Veroncia Chambers? If so, the publisher describes the book as follows:

    A perfect tool for young readers as they grow into the leader of tomorrow, Veronica Chambers's inspiring collection of profiles-along with Senator Cory Booker's stirring foreword-will inspire readers of all ages to stand up for what's right.

    You may only be one person, but you have the power to change the world.

    Before they were activists, they were just like you and me. From Frederick Douglass to Malala Yousafzai, Joan of Arc to John Lewis, Susan B. Anthony to Janet Mock—these remarkable figures show us what it means to take a stand and say no to injustice, even when it would be far easier to stay quiet.
    Resist profiles men and women who resisted tyranny, fought the odds, and stood up to bullies that threatened to harm their communities. Along with their portraits and most memorable quotes, their stories will inspire you to speak out and rise up—every single day.


    [URL="https://www.harpercollins.com/9780062796257/resist/"]


    I don't understand why your wife is concerned about the book being in the library.



  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,284
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    You don't think Muslims should be allowed to serve?
    HELL no. By Islam, they have to put NO OTHER LAWS ahead of the Koran/Sharia. So how can we ever trust they will put our Constitution first??

    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    I don't think purging of voters rolls is a bad thing...the problem is once these laws are in place, the Republicans. usually go about purging legal voters in districts they don't like.
    Just like dems love keeping voter rolls so muddled in districts THEY like. Such as having plenty of dead to pull on.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Bos Mutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,502
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    HELL no. By Islam, they have to put NO OTHER LAWS ahead of the Koran/Sharia. So how can we ever trust they will put our Constitution first??
    Well, that is highly UnAmerican.

    How can I trust you since you feel there should be a religious test to hold office...which is clearly against the Constitution? Why don't you put the Constitution first?

    Further, I think any of our serious Christian politicians would likewise state, God first, then country. God's laws, then Constitution.
    "I am a Christian first, then a conservative, and then a Republican in that order" ~ Vice Pres. Mike Pence....funny he doesn't mention American, though.

    The oath nor the Constitution requires one to put the Constitution first before their religious laws.


    Just like dems love keeping voter rolls so muddled in districts THEY like. Such as having plenty of dead to pull on.
    Largely a myth because people confuse being registered to vote with actually voting.....but, yeah, if anyone is found to have actually voted for a dead person, they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
    Last edited by Bos Mutus; 01-08-2019 at 01:38 AM.
    The Voice of Reason

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,284
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    Well, that is highly UnAmerican.

    How can I trust you since you feel there should be a religious test to hold office...which is clearly against the Constitution? Why don't you put the Constitution first?

    Further, I think any of our serious Christian politicians would likewise state, God first, then country. God's laws, then Constitution.
    "I am a Christian first, then a conservative, and then a Republican in that order" ~ Vice Pres. Mike Pence....funny he doesn't mention American, though.

    The oath nor the Constitution requires one to put the Constitution first before their religious laws.
    Sorry, but the constitution DOES say "Its the highest law of the land". [quote[The Supremacy Clause makes the Constitution the highest law in the land. Article VI, clause 2 of the Constitution is the Supremacy Clause. [/quote]

    ERGO IT IS. Thus someone swearing to islam, which puts IT FIRST then the lands laws 2nd, by logic, can't uphold our constitution!

  5. #15
    Senior Member Bos Mutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,502
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Sorry, but the constitution DOES say "Its the highest law of the land". [quote[The Supremacy Clause makes the Constitution the highest law in the land. Article VI, clause 2 of the Constitution is the Supremacy Clause.
    Yes, and that highest law says there shall be no religious test to hold public office....but here you are saying Muslims should ne be allowed based on their religion


    ERGO IT IS. Thus someone swearing to islam, which puts IT FIRST then the lands laws 2nd, by logic, can't uphold our constitution!
    Christianity likewise say Gods law comes first...

    How do you feel about churches the fly the Christian flag ABOVE the U.S. Flag?

    http://www.godbeforegovernment.org/

    Can you name a Christian Republican politician you support that we can ask whether God or country comes first?

    Will you renounce any politician that states Gods laws are first for them?

    Do you believe that SCOTUS decisions are also ‘the law of the land?’
    Last edited by Bos Mutus; 01-08-2019 at 07:50 AM.
    The Voice of Reason

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LogDog View Post
    Would that book be "Resist" by Veroncia Chambers? If so, the publisher describes the book as follows:

    A perfect tool for young readers as they grow into the leader of tomorrow, Veronica Chambers's inspiring collection of profiles-along with Senator Cory Booker's stirring foreword-will inspire readers of all ages to stand up for what's right.

    You may only be one person, but you have the power to change the world.

    Before they were activists, they were just like you and me. From Frederick Douglass to Malala Yousafzai, Joan of Arc to John Lewis, Susan B. Anthony to Janet Mock—these remarkable figures show us what it means to take a stand and say no to injustice, even when it would be far easier to stay quiet.
    Resist profiles men and women who resisted tyranny, fought the odds, and stood up to bullies that threatened to harm their communities. Along with their portraits and most memorable quotes, their stories will inspire you to speak out and rise up—every single day.


    [URL="https://www.harpercollins.com/9780062796257/resist/"]


    I don't understand why your wife is concerned about the book being in the library.
    What "tyranny" exactly are progressives resisting? That's the thing here, is that JUSTICE (true, law and order kind) is confused with REVENGE. For example, using Ferguson as an example of a cop who defended himself against a charging a man twice his size. A Grand Jury (it's a law and order thing) made up of half African Americans found that the cop committed no crime. However, in the name of REVENGE (i.e., 'justice' in the thug dictionary), mobs of misguided hoodrats burned down their own town.

    RESIST today is defined as opposing legally, constitutionally elected people who happen to have different political views...hardly the same as a Rosemary Parks type of scenario.

    My wife doesn't have a problem with books in a library, but like me, has a problem with the deliberate attempts to indoctrinating our future voters into hating our country. Sadly, this is how countries (like Cuba) die.

  7. #17
    Senior Member LogDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Somewhere, Ca
    Posts
    719
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS View Post
    What "tyranny" exactly are progressives resisting? That's the thing here, is that JUSTICE (true, law and order kind) is confused with REVENGE. For example, using Ferguson as an example of a cop who defended himself against a charging a man twice his size. A Grand Jury (it's a law and order thing) made up of half African Americans found that the cop committed no crime. However, in the name of REVENGE (i.e., 'justice' in the thug dictionary), mobs of misguided hoodrats burned down their own town.

    RESIST today is defined as opposing legally, constitutionally elected people who happen to have different political views...hardly the same as a Rosemary Parks type of scenario.

    My wife doesn't have a problem with books in a library, but like me, has a problem with the deliberate attempts to indoctrinating our future voters into hating our country. Sadly, this is how countries (like Cuba) die.
    I'm not asking about tyranny or revenge, I'm asking if the book Resist is the Veronica Chambers book your wife saw in the library. If it is, then it's not about the "RESIST" movement to counter Trump but stories about how people from around the world resisted the tyranny imposed upon them.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,284
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    Yes, and that highest law says there shall be no religious test to hold public office....but here you are saying Muslims should ne be allowed based on their religion
    Since their laws say they can't put anyting before islam, YES i do feel then, they can't swear a proper oath on our constitution. THAT IS NOT the same as putting in a religious test..


    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    Christianity likewise say Gods law comes first...
    Depends where you look..
    As per
    http://www.truthinlove.com/analogies...law_of_God.htm

    The 3rd line says "The Bible teaches us to respect all authorities including the Laws of Man".

    Then
    https://www.openbible.info/topics/obeying_mans_law

    Has many bible quotes showing they DO respect mans laws.. Because god created man.

    So they are NO WHERE the same thing....

    How do you feel about churches the fly the Christian flag ABOVE the U.S. Flag?
    The same as i feel about anyone burning the US flag. Butt heads...

  9. #19
    Senior Member Bos Mutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,502
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Since their laws say they can't put anyting before islam, YES i do feel then, they can't swear a proper oath on our constitution. THAT IS NOT the same as putting in a religious test..




    Depends where you look..
    As per
    http://www.truthinlove.com/analogies...law_of_God.htm

    The 3rd line says "The Bible teaches us to respect all authorities including the Laws of Man".

    Then
    https://www.openbible.info/topics/obeying_mans_law

    Has many bible quotes showing they DO respect mans laws.. Because god created man.

    So they are NO WHERE the same thing....
    I see...so if Man's Law says that it is illegal for a baker to discriminate against same sex couples, then Christians should follow man's law?

    If Man's Law says that employers must provide health insurance that includes birth control...then Christians should follow man's law?


    Anyway, this is pointless....you’re gonna keep insisting Muslims should not be allowed to hold public office no matter how illegal and unconstitutional and thoroughly UnAmerican it is.

    Like I said....whatever.


    The same as i feel about anyone burning the US flag. Butt heads...
    Last edited by Bos Mutus; 01-09-2019 at 03:45 AM.
    The Voice of Reason

  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    58
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Religious backgrounds will always play a part in the decisions of politicians (who have religious beliefs). There are no problems with that, according to the constitution. 100% of choices made by politicians can be made based on their religion. We have checks and balances. The constitution simply doesn't allow the formation of a "national" religion. A Muslim president wouldn't force/institute Sharia because that is specifically what the constitution talks about with "separation of church and state". Not that politicians can't be religious, not that they can't talk about their religion, not that they can't make decisions based on their religion, but that they can't force others, or implement as law, to practice a specific religion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •