Thread: A strip tease: Army tells recruiters to stay away from erotic dance clubs

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

A strip tease: Army tells recruiters to stay away from erotic dance clubs

Seems a little bit of a stretch to the 'off-limits' authority...especially since there is no mention of there being any problems with soldiers in the clubs.

https://www.armytimes.com/off-duty/m...c-dance-clubs/

I can already hear soldier's thinking, "It doesn't say anything about having strippers to our hotel rooms."
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    Seems a little bit of a stretch to the 'off-limits' authority...especially since there is no mention of there being any problems with soldiers in the clubs.

https://www.armytimes.com/off-duty/m...c-dance-clubs/
    It is probably a stretch to try to enforce what the soliders are doing in thier off-duty time while TAD. That said, depending on the nature of the travel there could be argument that there is no off-duty time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    I can already hear soldier's thinking, "It doesn't say anything about having strippers to our hotel rooms."
    It doesn't say it, and I can hear that argument too. Honestly though, that would be easier to punish someone for since the room (if on travel) would be funded by the government.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    It is probably a stretch to try to enforce what the soliders are doing in thier off-duty time while TAD. That said, depending on the nature of the travel there could be argument that there is no off-duty time.
    The memo sounds like it applies to all TDYs in the command...pretty broad brush.

It doesn't say it, and I can hear that argument too. Honestly though, that would be easier to punish someone for since the room (if on travel) would be funded by the government.
    The Voice of Reason