Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White nationalists in the services, more of a threat than syria and iran??

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

White nationalists in the services, more of a threat than syria and iran??

Over on another site, someone posted this link to a mil times story from last year..

Funny i don't remember any thread on it (right now at least)..

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/p...q0FL-m9U9CTWU4

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    This sounds like a survey designed to provide the results the authors wanted.
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Especially when it seemed, they phrased the question the way it sounds they did..

Newbie - (Restricted)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've never (knowingly) encountered white nationalists while serving in the military, but where I live I run into intolerant, hate-filled people all the time. These folks have "love thy neighbor" and "Hate has no home here" signs in their yards, yet walk around in public wearing "resist" buttons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS View Post
    I've never (knowingly) encountered white nationalists while serving in the military, but where I live I run into intolerant, hate-filled people all the time. These folks have "love thy neighbor" and "Hate has no home here" signs in their yards, yet walk around in public wearing "resist" buttons.
    Is this the 'real' FLAPS?

Like you, I had never crossed paths in uniform with anyone who by their actions and words I would have thought were a white / black nationalist or separatists etc. However, after two stints as an SSO and an XO, I was surprised how many people belongs to groups with pretty radical views.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is this the 'real' FLAPS?

Like you, I had never crossed paths in uniform with anyone who by their actions and words I would have thought were a white / black nationalist or separatists etc. However, after two stints as an SSO and an XO, I was surprised how many people belonged to groups with pretty radical views.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    True. During my time in, i saw quite a few folk, who had those 'no hate' signs, but bashed anyone conservative. Got out way before the current crop of 'resist' folk though.

Newbie - (Restricted)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    True. During my time in, i saw quite a few folk, who had those 'no hate' signs, but bashed anyone conservative. Got out way before the current crop of 'resist' folk though.
    I was actually referring to my civilian neighbors within my heavily liberal community, not other military people I knew before I retired. When I see those "love" signs, I'm guessing it doesn't apply to anyone wearing MAGA hats!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I was actually referring to my civilian neighbors within my heavily liberal community, not other military people I knew before I retired. When I see those "love" signs, I'm guessing it doesn't apply to anyone wearing MAGA hats!
    Ha! This thread is freaking hilarious! Anti-Semetic hate crimes up by 57% since Trump's election; hate crimes against minorities steadily increasing since MAGA; Nazi rallies; MAGA hats marching in the streets of Charlottesville chanting "Hail Trump" and "Jews will not replace us!" before they murdered and injured the "Stop the hate" crowd protesters; peaceful protesters getting the sh!t beat out of them at PRESIDENTIAL GATHERINGS for holding "Stop the Hate" signs; the president instigating and calling for the "roughing up" and beating of peaceful protestors at rallies; right wing extremist terrorist acts accounting for more than 70% of terrorist acts in the country; MAGA hat wearers shooting up black churches and mailing bombs to people Trump doesn't like....

But yeah, boo freaking hoo...The "love" and "Stop the Hate" sign holders aren't nice enough to conservatives. This entire forum has become nothing but a Fox News outlet. Christ...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by meatbringer View Post
    Ha! This thread is freaking hilarious! Anti-Semetic hate crimes up by 57% since Trump's election; hate crimes against minorities steadily increasing since MAGA; Nazi rallies; MAGA hats marching in the streets of Charlottesville chanting "Hail Trump" and "Jews will not replace us!" before they murdered and injured the "Stop the hate" crowd protesters; peaceful protesters getting the sh!t beat out of them at PRESIDENTIAL GATHERINGS for holding "Stop the Hate" signs; the president instigating and calling for the "roughing up" and beating of peaceful protestors at rallies; right wing extremist terrorist acts accounting for more than 70% of terrorist acts in the country; MAGA hat wearers shooting up black churches and mailing bombs to people Trump doesn't like....

But yeah, boo freaking hoo...The "love" and "Stop the Hate" sign holders aren't nice enough to conservatives. This entire forum has become nothing but a Fox News outlet. Christ...
    Nothing you said has anything to do with the white nationists in the military or this survey

#offtopic
    The Voice of Reason