Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The left's tactic of silencing opposition

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    So if say steven colbert (a paragon of a leftist mouthpiece) said something that was seen as offensive, you'd be ok with us on the right whining to the companies that advertize with him, to dump him OR else we'd boycott them?
    Yes that's your right - but that doesn't mean the companies have to do so. Just like no companies had to drop their ads for FoxNews.

Freedom of speech isn't without consequences. She had the right to talk crap to a teenager who has put himself in the political spotlight - however I think personal attacks are a bit much. Hogg responded to her attack.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks82 View Post
    Yes that's your right - but that doesn't mean the companies have to do so. Just like no companies had to drop their ads for FoxNews.

Freedom of speech isn't without consequences. She had the right to talk crap to a teenager who has put himself in the political spotlight - however I think personal attacks are a bit much. Hogg responded to her attack.
    But what exactly, was so "Personally attacking" about what Laura said? Did Hogg not whine online about being rejected by 4 schools? Ergo, she spoke the truth, and i see NOTHING about that, which rose to the level of 'personally attacking Mr Hogg"...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    But what exactly, was so "Personally attacking" about what Laura said? Did Hogg not whine online about being rejected by 4 schools? Ergo, she spoke the truth, and i see NOTHING about that, which rose to the level of 'personally attacking Mr Hogg"...
    As an adult she can show some tact. She took a personal attack at him. ""David Hogg Rejected By Four Colleges To Which He Applied and whines about it." He never "whined" about getting rejected. He stated it as a fact and then she went and posted that. Why? No need to do so. Why not be the bigger person? Why go after a teen about something that has nothing to do with his platform? It was immature and unnecessary.

If you can't see that as a personal attack...then I'm not sure what to tell you.