Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Unpatrioticness of sports Stars

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Freedom of expression via the the 1st Amendment is more what I meant.
    But if company X puts a limit on what you can say/do while at work, you are still not being limited, sa only Congress is called out as being able to infringe it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The NBA has rules about it. Players are not allowed to kneel. NFL players are restricted as to what they can have pictured on their cleats. That's expression. Simplest thing to me seems to be having players who don't want to stand stay in the locker room until the anthem is complete.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    The Kareem Hunt one is probably a guy that teams will determine is worth the ass pain. I expect someone will sign him for next year.
    Cleveland Browns announce they've signed Kareem Hunt

The Cleveland Browns announced on Monday afternoon that they have signed running back Kareem Hunt.Hunt, a 2017 Pro Bowler as a rookie, was released by the Kansas City Chiefs in November after video surfaced of an incident in which he is seen shoving and kicking a woman in a Cleveland hotel earlier in 2018.

Bingo!

It's kind of funny (odd, not ha ha funny)...the team the guy is on at the time of the incident pretty much has to cut him or face a huge backlash....but then another team can turn around and 'give him a second chance' shortly thereafter.
    The Voice of Reason

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    [/SIZE]
    [/h]
    Bingo!

It's kind of funny (odd, not ha ha funny)...the team the guy is on at the time of the incident pretty much has to cut him or face a huge backlash....but then another team can turn around and 'give him a second chance' shortly thereafter.
    KC cut him because he had lied to them when the investigation started. Hunt told Chiefs management that he was nowhere in the building when the "alleged" incident happened. The Browns signed him knowing that he'll probably be suspended for the first 10-12 games of next season.

I'm ok with it. Is the guy not supposed to be allowed to work again? If he can't work for the NFL, does that mean that McDonalds couldn't hire him? Or JC Penny, or any other business, because of his prior indiscretions? Should every criminal spend the rest of their life on welfare? Let's be honest, the NFL is a very lucrative, high profile business. But it is a job. It is the way several people take care of their families.

So, yeah, a "second chance" is no biggy.