Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unpatrioticness of sports Stars

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Unpatrioticness of sports Stars

Well, with the fact an entire team took a knee to disrespect our flag, then stood for the UK Anthem, and dozens of others for all the other NFL teams are doing the same, if there was a way to do so, i would contact EVERY BASE MWR and have them boycott the hell out of ANY SPORTS team by no longer offering 'trips for the troops' or the like to any teams event.

And as of now, the NFL is a dead sport to me.. so long as the owners and coaches are allowing this to go on..

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Well, with the fact an entire team took a knee to disrespect our flag, then stood for the UK Anthem, and dozens of others for all the other NFL teams are doing the same
    as of now, the NFL is a dead sport to me.. so long as the owners and coaches are allowing this to go on..
    +1. ...... It's almost like they want to kill off their fan base......Talk about shitting in your mess kit....
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 09-25-2017 at 01:53 AM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    And what sickened me, was watching a few of those games intros mentioned on news, where DOZENS of military in uniform had to stand ON The pitch with the flag unfurled WATCHING those overpaid hacks taking that knee..
    I know if i was still in uniform, and was asked if i wanted to volunteer for that duty, i would say to "HELL with that"..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It is the player's (or anyone else's right) to not stand, salute or render respect during the National Anthem. Can't argue that. Yes, they can face consequences from their employer based on their actions on the job (the NFL does have rules on this, which they aren't enforcing ...)

That said, I think the protesting now is about the protesting and not about the issue that Kaepernick was originally trying to highlight. I also think Kaepernick and his fellow athletes could use their considerable platforms to address a much bigger issue that lies to the left of the BLM, perceived police brutality issue ... but those issues are much more uncomfortable to discuss without becoming a target of a racist label.

-Nearly 3/4 of African American children are born into a single parent home. (*Kaiser Family Foundation)
    -22% of African American children live in poverty (9% of white children). (*Kaiser Family Foundation)
    -72% of African American children complete high school or a GED. (*Nat'l center for Education Statistics) This is compared to 88% of whites, 78% of Hispanics, 90% of Asians and 72% of Native Americans. Lack of basic education impedes economic mobility and opportunity.
    -African American males are approx. 7% of the general population of the US yet account for 52% of murder arrests in the US and nearly 60% of convicted violent crime offenders, 40% of the prison population and nearly 4.7% of African American males are incarcerated. (*DoJ - 2013) Is this because of race / racism, or that a higher percentage of black males commit murder / violent crime?

If any demographic is statistically committing more crime, they are going to interact with police more often. That raises the statistical probability that they will have violent interactions with police. Undoubtedly some of those interactions will be influenced by bias on the part of the police ... but we should focus and address the issues that lead to the fact that more black males are committing crime than white or other race counterparts. This leads to more interactions with police and why the disproportion exists.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    It is the player's (or anyone else's right) to not stand, salute or render respect during the National Anthem. Can't argue that. Yes, they can face consequences from their employer based on their actions on the job (the NFL does have rules on this, which they aren't enforcing ...)
    But if you look, you can see MANY examples where they have enforced those rules. Such as fining 2 players for ''taking mock pictures of one another", or one player who was fined for having "political speech centric" eye liner (that praised cancer awareness). Or when they told 3 other players "NO you cannot wear domestic violence awareness cleats"..

SO WHY ARE THOSE "punishable, but all this crapolium not"

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    It’s pretty simple…… Put your money where your mouth is & Withdraw your support from these crybaby millionaires, who get billions in taxpayer subsidies, while they allow their employees to disrespect our nation & show support for white-hating/cop-killing, thugs.

Best part is there’s still plenty of good football still being played on Friday nights…… Guaranteed, There’s a local HS football team near you. Filled with kids that would love our support.

https://twitter.com/fh_football?lang=en

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    It’s pretty simple…… Put your money where your mouth is & Withdraw your support from these crybaby millionaires, who get billions in taxpayer subsidies, while they allow their employees to disrespect our nation & show support for white-hating/cop-killing, thugs.

Best part is there’s still plenty of good football still being played on Friday nights…… Guaranteed, There’s a local HS football team near you. Filled with kids that would love our support.

https://twitter.com/fh_football?lang=en
    I really do prefer HS football to pro & college, more kids about playing for the love of sport, school pride etc. than the bottom line. If I go it borders on creepy since my kid is in the 2d grade and not quite in HS yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    But if you look, you can see MANY examples where they have enforced those rules. Such as fining 2 players for ''taking mock pictures of one another", or one player who was fined for having "political speech centric" eye liner (that praised cancer awareness). Or when they told 3 other players "NO you cannot wear domestic violence awareness cleats"..

SO WHY ARE THOSE "punishable, but all this crapolium not"
    The NFL is a private company, how they enforce their own rules is really up to them.

As long as they uniformally enforce their rule on the Anthem they really can't face legal action for it.

Like so much else, the NFL is about the bottom line. If the outrage over this gets to impact the bottom line too much, they may change ... right now it has been impacted but not too much in the big scheme of things.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    I already have. I will never turn the NFL on in my house, i have stopped doing business with a # of their sponsors, and have wrote many nasty grams to USAA to get THEM To stop doing business with the NFL..
    Additionally next month when my verison contract is up, i will TAKE MY phone elsewhere..

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    The "progressive" cancer is spreading....

Picture of man kneeling during taps at Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is sparking outrage following NFL protests
    http://americanmilitarynews.com/2017...-nfl-protests/