Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump once again fails on his promises

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Trump once again fails on his promises

Well, looks like Trump showed he's as stupid as the leftists have said.. Believing the lies of the Dems in "just give us amnesty for the 800000 Daca kids, and we will give you better border security"..
    What a turd i feel like, voting for this lying sack of shit he's turned out to be..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Well, looks like Trump showed he's as stupid as the leftists have said.. Believing the lies of the Dems in "just give us amnesty for the 800000 Daca kids, and we will give you better border security"..
    What a turd i feel like, voting for this lying sack of shit he's turned out to be..
    It's for the best. I'm against illegal immigration, but the DACA kids were brought here as children and are now part of the country, even contributing to the economy more than most people realize. Going to school, paying tuition, most are employed, they pay taxes, bring diversity to the workforce, consumers that help the economy through demand/production, and most of all, none of them are convicted criminals like Sessions said. It's a good thing.

Better border security? Time will tell. Guess we'll just have to see what they come up with. Anything is better than an impractical wall that Mexico was never going to pay for in the first place. They will just have to come up with something else to chant at Trump rallies, I guess. Maybe not; they still chant "Lock her up!" even though he let her off the hook the day after he was elected. Lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by meatbringer View Post
    It's for the best. I'm against illegal immigration, but the DACA kids were brought here as children and are now part of the country, even contributing to the economy more than most people realize. Going to school, paying tuition, most are employed, they pay taxes, bring diversity to the workforce, consumers that help the economy through demand/production, and most of all, none of them are convicted criminals like Sessions said. It's a good thing.
    SO just cause they are kids, the laws should be ignored? By that logic all those 11-14 yr olds we've sent to jail for murder/rape etc, should be let out and given amnesty..
    OR do those kids not count?

Better border security? Time will tell. Guess we'll just have to see what they come up with. Anything is better than an impractical wall that Mexico was never going to pay for in the first place. They will just have to come up with something else to chant at Trump rallies, I guess. Maybe not; they still chant "Lock her up!" even though he let her off the hook the day after he was elected. Lol
    And exactly what would be 'better' than a wall?? A death field?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    SO just cause they are kids, the laws should be ignored? By that logic all those 11-14 yr olds we've sent to jail for murder/rape etc, should be let out and given amnesty..
    OR do those kids not count?

And exactly what would be 'better' than a wall?? A death field?
    Oh boy, here we go with the CAPS, etc. Sorry for the logical explanation - let me break it down for you. I simply stated a fact: they were brought over here as children with no real say in the matter. Now that they have grown up in this country, they have become an asset to our economy as a whole. Everything I stated about them is true. They go to school, pay taxes, don't commit crimes, etc. Like I previously stated, I am against illegal immigration, but these were children that were brought here and grew to become contributing members of our society. These are the immigrants that we want to stay. Hell, even Paul Ryan agrees. 11-14 year olds committing rape, etc? Dude, you do realize that you are not eligible for DACA if you committed a serious offense, right? So, if/when this individual is convicted (innocent until proven guilty), then they will lose DACA rights and be deported. I know what you are referring to, but as of right now no one has been convicted. Take a deep breath... Jesus.

Many things would be better than a wall. Intelligent and practical immigration reform, for starters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The issue with the DACA eligible people is (as was said) they came here as minor children. In a large portion of the cases, they have no knowledge of their home nation. Yes, they came here illegally ... with a parent or family member who brought them. Yes, they are illegal, but note that in our system we have charged people as accomplices to bank robbery because they were riding in the getaway car ... would you charge a 5 or 6 year old kid as an accomplice who was in a child-seat in the getaway car? Probably not ... I wouldn't.

What DACA failed to do was provide a path to permanent residency or citizenship that could make them legal. It was a temporary fix that has been in place for five years. I can agree that illegal immigration is bad / violation of law etc. I don't think throwing someone in this category out of the country outright is the right thing to do either, DACA requires them to register, not violate serious crimes and be what you or I would call "productive members of society". This is an area where I think a compromise on the situation is warranted either via a path to citizenship in line with the normal process or something to that effect.

In the first 8 months of the Trump Administration, what POTUS did with DACA is one of the few things I can say he got right. Revoking DACA (because it does seem like an unconstitutional action) but giving a 6 month grace period puts the issue where it belongs ... with the Congress to provide a legislative solution that can be codified in law. It also gives POTUS a bargaining chip with Democrats and Republicans. Politically it could be good or bad, Congress can either:

1. Propose legislation and put it to a vote. This will put members on record with where they stand which could work out poorly for some. Immigration reform is an ugly baby that no one in Congress really wants to address.

2. Do nothing, in which case they would likely start getting deported (which most people don't want); which provides a talking point for everyone that we are either getting rid of illegals, or that the Dem's did nothing to try to keep them here. This would make POTUS the 'bad guy', which he is clearly okay with being.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

6. Likes meatbringer liked this post
    Dislikes garhkal disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The issue with the DACA eligible people is (as was said) they came here as minor children. In a large portion of the cases, they have no knowledge of their home nation. Yes, they came here illegally ... with a parent or family member who brought them. Yes, they are illegal, but note that in our system we have charged people as accomplices to bank robbery because they were riding in the getaway car ... would you charge a 5 or 6 year old kid as an accomplice who was in a child-seat in the getaway car? Probably not ... I wouldn't.

What DACA failed to do was provide a path to permanent residency or citizenship that could make them legal. It was a temporary fix that has been in place for five years. I can agree that illegal immigration is bad / violation of law etc. I don't think throwing someone in this category out of the country outright is the right thing to do either, DACA requires them to register, not violate serious crimes and be what you or I would call "productive members of society". This is an area where I think a compromise on the situation is warranted either via a path to citizenship in line with the normal process or something to that effect.

In the first 8 months of the Trump Administration, what POTUS did with DACA is one of the few things I can say he got right. Revoking DACA (because it does seem like an unconstitutional action) but giving a 6 month grace period puts the issue where it belongs ... with the Congress to provide a legislative solution that can be codified in law. It also gives POTUS a bargaining chip with Democrats and Republicans. Politically it could be good or bad, Congress can either:

1. Propose legislation and put it to a vote. This will put members on record with where they stand which could work out poorly for some. Immigration reform is an ugly baby that no one in Congress really wants to address.

2. Do nothing, in which case they would likely start getting deported (which most people don't want); which provides a talking point for everyone that we are either getting rid of illegals, or that the Dem's did nothing to try to keep them here. This would make POTUS the 'bad guy', which he is clearly okay with being.

8. Likes meatbringer liked this post
    Dislikes garhkal disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Many things would be better than a wall. Intelligent and practical immigration reform, for starters.
    Do we not already have the most LENIENT and open amount of immigrants allowed to come here than ANY OTHER country out there? What reforms on our immigration system are needed??

If only 5-6 no, but many of them were also teens..

What DACA failed to do was provide a path to permanent residency or citizenship that could make them legal. It was a temporary fix that has been in place for five years. I can agree that illegal immigration is bad / violation of law etc. I don't think throwing someone in this category out of the country outright is the right thing to do either,
    That is one thing i will NEVER ever be aggreable to.. WHY SHOULD we have given illegal aliens a pathway to citizenship? Is that not exactly what amnesty is???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Do we not already have the most LENIENT and open amount of immigrants allowed to come here than ANY OTHER country out there? What reforms on our immigration system are needed??
    The most lenient? That depends on many variables and differences of perspective and opinion. Now, aside from the fact that most of us come from immigration (everyone except natives, actually), it goes without saying that this country relies heavily on diversity and immigration for numerous reasons. We need immigration to help contribute to our economic growth, especially when it comes to the tech industry. Immigration reform? Like all other laws, it is imperative that we improve and adjust immigration laws in order to compensate for a constantly changing/advancing culture. To think otherwise would be ignorant. We can always improve on laws - needed changes to DACA are a prime example.

"Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!....." - Donald Trump, 14 Sep
    Last edited by meatbringer; 09-16-2017 at 02:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If only 5-6 no, but many of them were also teens..
    True, to be eligible an applicant had to have been younger than 16 when they came to the US. At 13, 14 or even 15, were you emancipated or self sufficient enough that if your parent(s) said "we're moving" you weren't going with them? I wasn't.

That is one thing i will NEVER ever be aggreable to.. WHY SHOULD we have given illegal aliens a pathway to citizenship? Is that not exactly what amnesty is???
    In general I agree, I do think an exception for people who come here as minor children is worth looking at.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    True, to be eligible an applicant had to have been younger than 16 when they came to the US. At 13, 14 or even 15, were you emancipated or self sufficient enough that if your parent(s) said "we're moving" you weren't going with them? I wasn't.

In general I agree, I do think an exception for people who come here as minor children is worth looking at.
    But how many times in the past have we done amnesty for those illegally here, with a promise of 'tougher border controls' which NEVER materialized? 5 times inc reagan. AND after each, what did we see, those who got amnestied, bringing in their kin, and a flood of more illegal aliens in the following years..