Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 52

Thread: Charlottesville VA

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,212
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    ANd what i wanna know is where will this end? I've seen several news reports about Cemeteries who have had the head stones of Confederate soldiers already vandalized. Two schools which are named for Confederate generals have been threatened if they don't change their name.. Vandalism at the Lincoln and Jackson memorials in DC? What's next. Ripping up Mount rushmore? Burning the Constitution since a # of those who signed it were slave owners...

  2. #42
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on a Marl Road
    Posts
    3,802
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    ANd what i wanna know is where will this end?
    It's not. We could tear down every civil war monument in this country and it wouldn't matter, because they'd just find something else to complain about.

    All you have to do is look at the gay rights movement, to see that trying to compromise with the progs NEVER works.

    In 2011 DADT was repealed and within 5 years, they'd jumped the shark to demanding you enlist transgenders ,pay for the sex changes, and formally acknowledge that there's really 50+ genders.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 08-22-2017 at 03:18 AM.

  3. Likes garhkal liked this post
  4. #43
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on a Marl Road
    Posts
    3,802
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Baltimore’s 225-year-old monument to Christopher Columbus, said to be the oldest in the country and the world dedicated to the explorer that is still standing, has been severely vandalized.
    https://www.baltimorebrew.com/2017/0...re-vandalized/
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 08-22-2017 at 12:09 PM.

  5. Likes garhkal liked this post
  6. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,212
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    It's not. We could tear down every civil war monument in this country and it wouldn't matter, because they'd just find something else to complain about.

    All you have to do is look at the gay rights movement, to see that trying to compromise with the progs NEVER works.

    In 2011 DADT was repealed and within 5 years, they'd jumped the shark to demanding you enlist transgenders ,pay for the sex changes, and formally acknowledge that there's really 50+ genders.
    All things WE on the right warned about, and were lambasted for our doom and gloom 'going down the slippery slope' arguments..

    [QUOTE=Rainmaker;370816]
    Baltimore’s 225-year-old monument to Christopher Columbus, said to be the oldest in the country and the world dedicated to the explorer that is still standing, has been severely vandalized. [\quote]

    https://www.baltimorebrew.com/2017/0...re-vandalized/
    Yet they have NO problem with a 7 TON Statue of Lenin, in Seattle..

  7. #45
    Administrator Mjölnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Yet they have NO problem with a 7 TON Statue of Lenin, in Seattle..
    Have read about that. The Lenin statue in Seattle sits on private property, the city has no authority to take it down. There are several residents of the area that don't like it there, but can't influence the owner to remove it (it has been for sale for years). There have been protests against it, nothing to the degree of protests against Confederate statues etc. Recently the mayor of Seattle (a very left leaning Democrat) said the statue should come down ... but again, the city has no means to force the owner to do so.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

  8. #46
    Senior Member Rusty Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    3,920
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    A Stalin statue would be something to freak out about, but a Lenin statue? Hardly.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

  9. #47
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on a Marl Road
    Posts
    3,802
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    No, triggered.



    So what's your reasoning behind it being "self-hate" for a white person wanting it to come down?
    Not just wanting it to come down. But, getting so emotional about it that they get triggered into engaging in mob violence over it.

    Para: 11-13 of the following document (as published in the Washington Post) pretty much sums the liberal hive mind up.

    http://www.davesag.com/unabomber/2leftism.html

    I personally don't care, either way. However, the better argument for taking down the statues of Confederate Generals is the fact that they committed treason.
    That's the better argument to make, The slavery thing falls short (since, Gen US Grant also owned a slave).
    Also, interesting to note that General Lee freed the slaves, he inherited, before Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation (which didn't even apply in DE, MD, KY and MO)
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 08-22-2017 at 09:48 PM.

  10. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,212
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Have read about that. The Lenin statue in Seattle sits on private property, the city has no authority to take it down. There are several residents of the area that don't like it there, but can't influence the owner to remove it (it has been for sale for years). There have been protests against it, nothing to the degree of protests against Confederate statues etc. Recently the mayor of Seattle (a very left leaning Democrat) said the statue should come down ... but again, the city has no means to force the owner to do so.
    Just cause its on private property, doesn't mean it WON'T be taken down if enough force is applied.. Just look at the Cemeteries in Hollywood, who cause of THREATS from antifata, took down confederate soldier headstones.. ALL WITHOUT THE say so of the FAMILIES of those buried there..

  11. #49
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on a Marl Road
    Posts
    3,802
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    A Stalin statue would be something to freak out about, but a Lenin statue? Hardly.
    That is telling of your overall mentality. You say that a statue on our streets memorializing the Foreign Leader of the Bolshevik red terror & creator of the Barbaric Cheka would be no big deal.

    But, a statue memorializing a Brilliant American General, former Commandant of West Point and President of Washington and Lee University should come down, because he committed treason.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 08-22-2017 at 09:27 PM.

  12. #50
    Senior Member Rusty Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    3,920
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    That is telling of your overall mentality. You say that a statue on our streets memorializing the Foreign Leader of the Bolshevik red terror & creator of the Barbaric Cheka would be no big deal.

    But, a statue memorializing a Brilliant American General, former Commandant of West Point and President of Washington and Lee University should come down, because he committed treason.
    Like the typical conservative, you've been brainwashed into owning rich people's problems at your expense.

    You might not believe this, but you are neither rich nor powerful enough (nor is anyone else here) to have been a victim of the Red Terror.

    The victims of the Red Terror needed to go anyway.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •