Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlottesville VA

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    No, not "anyone who gathers to show pride in rich, white culture and history must be an advocate of genocide".
    There were other groups too, like the sinister Daughters of the Confederacy and concerned historians, who don't want to see their history erased, just because, a bunch of self hating millennial tards (and communist crowd sourced agitators) get triggered by a fucking statue, that's been standing for a 100 years and decide to surround motorists and start vandalizing cars with baseball bats.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 08-17-2017 at 09:02 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    There were other groups too, like the sinister Daughters of the Confederacy and concerned historians, who don't want to see their history erased, just because, a bunch of self hating millennial tards (and communist crowd sourced agitators) get triggered by a fucking statue, that's been standing for a 100 years and decide to surround motorists and start vandalizing cars with baseball bats.
    Self-hating? What if their ancestors were from the Union, or weren't even in the US at the time? In the case of the former, it's the exact opposite of self-hate.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    And I would agree that the Daughters of the Confederacy have a legit gripe. That doesn't change the fact that some of the white nationalist groups that were there advocate genocide of Jews and blacks.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    "required to be listed" ... No. The form does not list organizations and say "check all that apply", people list what they have thought applies; that said, I have seen listed:

Black Riders Liberation Party
    New Black Panthers
    Nation of Islam
    War on the Horizon

All are listed as hate groups by the SLPC (Black Separatist).
    Listed by the SPLC, yes, but - with the probable exception of the New Black Panther Party - their aim is not to deny others of their constitutional rights. Probably the closest would be War on the Horizon, BUT... from what I know of it, its aim is to purge LGBTQ from the black community. The issue that I have with someone putting it on their SF-86 is that "War on the Horizon" is merely a book and a website. If it's an actual organization with card-carrying members, I'm not aware of it.

Black Riders Liberation Party... it's my understanding that they either allow white members or have white allies. That one kind of puzzles me.

Now with the Nation of Islam, but it's somewhat of a stretch... it's no secret that they have some weird belief of white people's origins being a lab creation of an evil scientist named Yacub, etc, etc (by this standard, Mormons should be considered a hate group)... but the NOI was started by an Afghan immigrant (Wallace Fard Muhammed) who considered himself to be white on the census. Of note, the current NOI is not a continuation of the original. The original NOI changed its name to the American Society of Muslims in the 1970's, when Warith Deen Mohammed (Son of Elijah Mohammed) took control, disavowed the beliefs of the NOI, and adopted traditional Sunni Islam and opened the group to all races. Louis Farrakhan opposed this and started the current NOI.

I have also seen:

American Eagle Party
    Right Wing Resistance
    South Africa Project
    and a few more that I can't recall the name of right away.

All lists as hate groups by the SLPC (White Separatist).
    American Eagle Party - while I would definitely feel unsafe walking near a gathering of these guys, race doesn't appear to explicitly mentioned on their site... which means that, in theory, a conservative of color could join. I can't speak on what actually happens in practice, though.

Right Wing Resistance... they're Neo-Nazi, so that seems right.

South Africa Project appears to be similar to Black Riders Liberation Party... HOWEVER, I'm not sure of the need for it. Whites make up 8% of the population of South Africa, yet possess 85% of the country's wealth. And they're mad because something is being done about that?

What I have never seen is anything with Ku Klux Klan in the name ... but I am sure they are out there.

The tricky thing is, membership in or supporting (financial etc.) these groups doesn't necessarily disqualify a civilian employee from government service.
    From what I understand, the KKK thinks more like street gangs - they'll join the Army and Marine Corps, with high numbers who are infantry, in order to get the training and, in turn, take it back to streets and train other members of their gangs.
    Last edited by Rusty Jones; 08-18-2017 at 11:26 AM.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Listed by the SPLC, yes, but -
    Yes, but ... Listed by one of the if not THE authoritave determinor of what is and is not a hate group. Everything after the "but" is distracting from the point you made that you do not see blacks who are in hate groups and silent or strategically distance themselves from that fact. When I saw these types of organizations listed by both whites and blacks I was surprised on a couple of points:

-who these people were, the same ones who would go to a command function and pal around with people their organization(s) espoused hate for, people who shared offices, cubicles etc. with people they either hated or supported hating.

-the majority I saw were not young people, who previously I would have (stereotypically) guessed would be more susceptible to a hate-centric message; it was senior, older & allegedly more mature people. Some were supervisors with tasking and rating responsibility for people that they hated or supported the hate of.

It is out there Rusty, it really is.

From what I understand, the KKK thinks more like street gangs - they'll join the Army and Marine Corps, with high numbers who are infantry, in order to get the training and, in turn, take it back to streets and train other members of their gangs.
    Correct. This has been a problem since before I joined in 1991. The first I heard about it was mid 90s. Not too long after the OKC bombing there were some NCIS advisories detailing efforts by white and black separatists to join the military and obtain various types of training (combat arms, tactics, weapons handling / employment, medical training etc) to take with them after their enlistments back to their respective groups. I recall vaguely that the Army had the largest problem with it due to the use of 2 year enlistments. 2 year enlistments limited people to non-technical occupational fields (infantry - weapons and tactics) with the earliest available return to civilian life.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    So, there are a few reasons why I got rid of my facebook accounts. The main one is my interaction with others in almost every black group on facebook. What are originally designed to pages to help each other navigate and succeed despite the obstacles being faced end up being invaded by those in the groups you've mentioned, or at least people who express the beliefs of those groups.

I have a very intense burning hatred for Black Hebrew Israelites and people who push Afrocentric revisionist crank on social media. But what I've been extremely appalled by the most is the fact that these people are not being checked by those who are not involved in that stuff. I'm one of the few people who'll speak up, while the others stay on the sidelines watching me take on these whole groups of people. Those who refuse to speak up, in my estimation, fear the result of doing so. Which would make it unlikely for one to speak up without actually being sincere.

The only group you'll commonly see the black community speak up against are the "hoteps." And as stupid and ridiculous as hoteps are, they're pretty harmless. The only reasons I think they're commonly spoken up against is because it's popular to do so (i.e., you won't have to worry about being the only guy in the facebook group doing it), the fact that no one fears hoteps, and the need to have a group of people to conspicously look down on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You can join my Tolkien group.

We only hate orcs, goblins ... and Sauron.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I know that the nerd thing has become "cool" over the years, however, I've not been able to get onboard with it.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Yes, but ... Listed by one of the if not THE authoritave determinor of what is and is not a hate group. Everything after the "but" is distracting from the point
    Hmm. That's interesting to learn! So, Is their authority express or implied? On who's behalf are they authorized to act? What powers do they have? Who delegated them this authority? & Who bears the responsibility if/when they get it wrong?
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 08-18-2017 at 05:27 PM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Self-hating? What if their ancestors were from the Union, or weren't even in the US at the time? In the case of the former, it's the exact opposite of self-hate.
    We'll my ancestors fought for the Union. But, I can recognize that these were great men and veterans that contributed much to our nation, both before and after the civil war.

I would say any white person that gets triggered into rioting, by a freaking 100 year old statue of men who lived in the 19th century, is either mentally ill (from a decades long brainwashing campaign ) or a complete idiot.