Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beheading POTUS (Kathy Griffin)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Beheading POTUS (Kathy Griffin)

So she took some photos with a clear copy of the President's head bloodied up.

CNN has fired her from her New Year's Eve job and she has lost a couple of endorsements. Chelsea Clinton tweeted that this is never acceptable, so have a few progressives but not many.

This will likely be considered a political statement or 'art', personally I find it distasteful and further evidence of the decline of civil discourse.

USA Today: https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...oto/102349176/
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    IMO just 'firing her from one day of the year' is not a punishment..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    It will cost her a hefty sum of cash. I read that her deal with CNN was close to if not 6 figures for one day's worth of a work.

Aside from that ... losing endorsements (which equates to lost $$$) is about all you can expect ... what she did is more likely considered artistic expression than a 'crime'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It will cost her a hefty sum of cash. I read that her deal with CNN was close to if not 6 figures for one day's worth of a work.

Aside from that ... losing endorsements (which equates to lost $$$) is about all you can expect ... what she did is more likely considered artistic expression than a 'crime'.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It is wrong and I'm not sure why liberals are sinking to the level of conservatives while Obama was in office. The only thing that makes me wonder is how some conservatives say this is "unprecedented" when there are images of effigies of Obama with nooses around his neck and so on and how much Ted Nugent said about him and Hillary. He actually did say at a NRA convention about how he should go to Washington and cut the heads of those in the Obama administration and Obama.

Two wrongs don't make a right and people need to grow up. But if you did not find it distasteful or wrong when these things were done to Obama and you decry Griffin for this, you're a hypocrite.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post

So what of the other talk show hosts over the years who've been slammed/fired for stuff NO where close to this level? Why were their 'faux pas" not artistic expressions?
    OR is it cause she's liberal she can get away with calling it that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks82 View Post
    It is wrong and I'm not sure why liberals are sinking to the level of conservatives while Obama was in office. The only thing that makes me wonder is how some conservatives say this is "unprecedented" when there are images of effigies of Obama with nooses around his neck and so on and how much Ted Nugent said about him and Hillary. He actually did say at a NRA convention about how he should go to Washington and cut the heads of those in the Obama administration and Obama.

Two wrongs don't make a right and people need to grow up. But if you did not find it distasteful or wrong when these things were done to Obama and you decry Griffin for this, you're a hypocrite.
    It was wrong when people did this with Obama. Not sure who said it wasn't ... Except may Ted Nugent).

So what of the other talk show hosts over the years who've been slammed/fired for stuff NO where close to this level? Why were their 'faux pas" not artistic expressions?
    That they were just fired by their employer (as she was by having her contract terminated) and not charged with making a threat to the Peresident (a felony), would have me guess that it was considered the same thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It was wrong when people did this with Obama. Not sure who said it wasn't ... Except may Ted Nugent).

That they were just fired by their employer (as she was by having her contract terminated) and not charged with making a threat to the Peresident (a felony), would have me guess that it was considered the same thing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post

There are people who don't think what was done to Obama was wrong - these are the same people who didn't decry it when the effigies of Obama were hanged or burned but now decry this. The fact Trump invited Nugent to the WH even though he has threatened the lives of Obama and Clinton in the past also speaks volumes.

Yes she had her contract with CNN I believe terminated and has lost other jobs. I don't think she had many jobs to start with. She was or is being investigated by the FBI just as Nugent was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There are people who don't think what was done to Obama was wrong - these are the same people who didn't decry it when the effigies of Obama were hanged or burned but now decry this. The fact Trump invited Nugent to the WH even though he has threatened the lives of Obama and Clinton in the past also speaks volumes.
    Concur, those who don't think the same imagery used with Obama was wrong but are now outraged are being hypocritical.

I can agree that Trump inviting Nugent to the White House could trouble people (based on Nugent's vocal anti Obama stance(s)) and speak volumes to those who are like minded. At the same time, Obama's relationship with Bill Ayers (took part in bombings of police stations, the US Capitol and the Pentagon), invited riot, or people who advocated that the shootings of police officers last year in Dallas was justified ... also spoke volumes.