Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: In rare move, the Navy will add more officers to E-9 selection board

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In rare move, the Navy will add more officers to E-9 selection board

More officers to oversee E-9 selection board???

https://www.navytimes.com/articles/n...ically-changed

https://www.navytimes.com/articles/n...ically-changed

Let's gather up all those O's involved with the Fat Leonard case since they can't do much more these days. That should restore some integrity in the selection board.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The board was previously convened and dismissed due to misconduct by some of the board members. It turned out that some of the MCPOs were communicating with people being considered for selection.

The board is reconvening with the addition of post-command CDRs and CAPTs (O5s &O6s) and limiting the E9s to those in major billets is to provide oversight by individuals with authority to issue legal orders to those in the deliberation tanks.

This isn't the first, second, third or even fourth or fifth time in the last 10 years that a senior enlisted board comprised mostly of senior enlisted had a problem like this; like it or not ... more officers being brought into the process was brought on by the missteps of the senior enlisted participants on these boards.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I feel for all the Senior Enlisted pending promotion that were hosed by this ordeal... A set-back for those eligible on behalf of a few that couldn't maintain themselves.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaLawyer View Post
    I feel for all the Senior Enlisted pending promotion that were hosed by this ordeal... A set-back for those eligible on behalf of a few that couldn't maintain themselves.
    I don't think anyone is getting hosed. People may have to wait a month longer than normal to find out if they selected or not.

Bottom line: The results will come out, folks will get promoted and paid IAW the FY phasing plan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think anyone is getting hosed. People may have to wait a month longer than normal to find out if they selected or not.

Bottom line: The results will come out, folks will get promoted and paid IAW the FY phasing plan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Really? Really?? REALLY??? You don't think they're getting hosed? Are you 100% sure they are going to maintain the list of those already selected and then dismissed due to board re-convening? Clearly, you have no idea regarding the process. Likewise, these Sailors would have know their promotion status by now but because a couple Master Chiefs trying to exonerate/self-promote themselves with their access to information now have to wait to see if their selected.

YES! They were hosed!!! Any E-9 (not a Master Chief) could play Johnny Walker and leak information for their own self-gratification but it takes a real Master Chief to maintain board integrity. I know Seaman Recruits out of basic training with more integrity than these @$$ Clowns!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Really? Really?? REALLY??? You don't think they're getting hosed? Are you 100% sure they are going to maintain the list of those already selected and then dismissed due to board re-convening? Clearly, you have no idea regarding the process. Likewise, these Sailors would have know their promotion status by now but because a couple Master Chiefs trying to exonerate/self-promote themselves with their access to information now have to wait to see if their selected.

YES! They were hosed!!! Any E-9 (not a Master Chief) could play Johnny Walker and leak information for their own self-gratification but it takes a real Master Chief to maintain board integrity. I know Seaman Recruits out of basic training with more integrity than these @$$ Clowns!
    Really.

The board will not retain the list of those selected prior to the board being discontinued; they will start over. Whoever was tentatively selected based on the deliberations of the previous board will have to be reconsidered ... but no one outside the board should know who those people are ... but that is kind of why we are where we are with this process right now.

I have a pretty good familiarity with the process, have sat as an observer for Chief's boards and a recorder on a CDR board.

I don't consider someone being hosed who has to wait a little while longer to find out if they are selected. It won't effect their eventual date of rank or when they get paid, that would be hosing them.

But, arguing that those who gooned this up aren't "Master Chiefs" but are E9's, is a silly argument. Saying "no real MCPO would do this" is a weak argument; while the ones who screwed this up are a small number ... the Mess has to take the bad apples with the good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Really.

The board will not retain the list of those selected prior to the board being discontinued; they will start over. Whoever was tentatively selected based on the deliberations of the previous board will have to be reconsidered ... but no one outside the board should know who those people are ... but that is kind of why we are where we are with this process right now.

I have a pretty good familiarity with the process, have sat as an observer for Chief's boards and a recorder on a CDR board.

I don't consider someone being hosed who has to wait a little while longer to find out if they are selected. It won't effect their eventual date of rank or when they get paid, that would be hosing them.

But, arguing that those who gooned this up aren't "Master Chiefs" but are E9's, is a silly argument. Saying "no real MCPO would do this" is a weak argument; while the ones who screwed this up are a small number ... the Mess has to take the bad apples with the good.
    Yet, by your own words, you seem convinced they're not getting hosed! You are a Jackass!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Really.

Yet, by your own words, you seem convinced they're not getting hosed! You are a Jackass!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone tentatively selected before the board was finalized would have the same chance anyone else does when the board reconvenes. Their selection was not final. None of those who we're tentatively selected should know that they had been tentatively selected, unless they received an unauthorized communication from a board member. If their record is that good, them being selected on the second go around for the board is a non-issue. So no ... I don't think they are getting hosed.

Please watch the personal insults.