Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sandsjames Banned

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tiredretiredE7 View Post
    I am glad you replied in the manner of the personal attack on you resulted in a ban; not violation of the forums rules and this is the problem with the Mods in these forums. Ban people for violation of the forum rules not personal attacks on you or other forum members or Mods. This "personal attack" banning attitude will only result in more perma-bans so the very same people can simply make a new profile (IP monitoring does not work; VPNs are cheap).

Conversations absolutely did not stay the same which is exactly what the site owner wanted. There is one political party which calls for free speech except when it is contrary to their own. It is clear which political party you and the site owner belong too. Do not try the whole "this is a private server so free speech does not apply because if this site receives even 1 cent of federal funding/assistance/grants then the 1st amendment applies. Several other sites tried the same argument and lost. Eitherway, congrats you ruined these forums and Barry would be proud.
    Personal attacks are generally not allowed on most Internet forums. It's funny that people think it's okay to talk like that anonymously online but I guarantee they wouldn't dare say some things they do on here to that person's face. Especially about their children or spouses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RS6405 View Post
    I say remove all bans from all people and lose the moderation. This is the internet, not grade school or active duty.

(I had written out numerous points on why MTF does not need bans or mods, but my sign-in timed out. So. I will leave it at that).
    @RS6405

It is an Internet forum, one that has a published set of rules / guidelines that all users agree to when they register.

Of particular note with SandsJames was the use of my daughter in a discussion about rape, which I repeatedly asked him to stop. Rainmaker also did the same thing and when asked to stop did). Change the paradigm a bit and someone using Tak's or your son's disabilities in a cruel manner would not be okay, if they were asked to stop and didn't they would have gotten banned.

A long, long time ago, before there were Mods, someone made a comment about Tak's kid and his issues. There were all kinds of folks asking the admin to ban that user ... so what is different here? Is it that I am a mod, that I am an officer? Talking about sexually assaulting a 6 year old kid is sick. Simply. Fucking. Sick.

I have little empathy, sympathy or "give a shit" for folks (more appropriately -- adults -- most of whom are old enough to have done a full career) that can't follow a few very simple rules, keep personal insults down etc. If that is what the user wants there are other forums or bulletin boards that have fewer or no rules. The moderation here is much looser than numerous other forums.

This fruit has died on the vine, but we should be honest -- a few people despite numerous requests, messages and polite asking could / would not adhere to the rules they agreed to ... that is not an issue with the rules, moderation or me but with the individuals.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RS6405 View Post
    I say remove all bans from all people and lose the moderation. This is the internet, not grade school or active duty.

(I had written out numerous points on why MTF does not need bans or mods, but my sign-in timed out. So. I will leave it at that).
    @RS6405

It is an Internet forum, one that has a published set of rules / guidelines that all users agree to when they register.

Of particular note with SandsJames was the use of my daughter in a discussion about rape, which I repeatedly asked him to stop. Rainmaker also did the same thing and when asked to stop did). Change the paradigm a bit and someone using Tak's or your son's disabilities in a cruel manner would not be okay, if they were asked to stop and didn't they would have gotten banned.

A long, long time ago, before there were Mods, someone made a comment about Tak's kid and his issues. There were all kinds of folks asking the admin to ban that user ... so what is different here? Is it that I am a mod, that I am an officer? Talking about sexually assaulting a 6 year old kid is sick. Simply. Fucking. Sick.

I have little empathy, sympathy or "give a shit" for folks (more appropriately -- adults -- most of whom are old enough to have done a full career) that can't follow a few very simple rules, keep personal insults down etc. If that is what the user wants there are other forums or bulletin boards that have fewer or no rules. The moderation here is much looser than numerous other forums.

This fruit has died on the vine, but we should be honest -- a few people despite numerous requests, messages and polite asking could / would not adhere to the rules they agreed to ... that is not an issue with the rules, moderation or me but with the individuals.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.