Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Flynn Resigns as National Security Advisor

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    He was a good intel officer, could have done more good and effected more change had he not gotten himself fired.
    Would you compromise your integrity by supporting a National level intelligence assessment,that you personally deemed to be manipulated, in order to fit into a false political narrative? Just so you could stay on in a corrupt organization and try to effect positive change in that same organization? Gen. Flynn wouldn't..... and that's why he "got himself fired" (at DIA).....

Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Russia was toying with influence operations during the election ... that is clear....
    & They've done that in every election. As have we (and many other major countries).

Why do you think the DNC initially refused to give the FBI Cyber investigators direct access to their servers, after they were allegedly "hacked by Russia"?
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 03-14-2017 at 06:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Would you compromise your integrity by supporting a National level intelligence assessment,that you personally deemed to be manipulated, in order to fit into a false political narrative? Just so you could stay on in a corrupt organization and try to effect positive change in that same organization? Gen. Flynn wouldn't..... and that's why he "got himself fired" (at DIA).....
    I think he could have found a way to work with the Administration and been the agent of change he wanted to be from within the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    & They've done that in every election. As have we (and many other major countries).

Why do you think the DNC initially refused to give the FBI Cyber investigators direct access to their servers, after they were allegedly "hacked by Russia"?
    I am not sure we have had a state actor this blatantly interfere in a US Presidential election. I think the DNC's reluctance was more based on embarrassing things the FBI may have found (& also potentially leaked from the investigation) than the FBI finding the DNC hacked someone.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Flynn pleads guilty to knowingly making false statements to the FBI:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.ee5b88bec326

Former national security adviser Michael Flynn pleaded guilty Friday to lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak and, in an ominous sign for the White House, said he is cooperating in the ongoing probe of possible coordination between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin to influence the 2016 election.

When Flynn was forced out of the White House in February, officials said he had misled the administration, including Vice President Pence, about his contacts with Kislyak. But court records and people familiar with the contacts indicated he was acting in consultation with senior Trump transition officials, including President Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, in his dealings with the diplomat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Flynn pleads guilty to knowingly making false statements to the FBI:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.ee5b88bec326

Former national security adviser Michael Flynn pleaded guilty Friday to lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak and, in an ominous sign for the White House, said he is cooperating in the ongoing probe of possible coordination between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin to influence the 2016 election.

When Flynn was forced out of the White House in February, officials said he had misled the administration, including Vice President Pence, about his contacts with Kislyak. But court records and people familiar with the contacts indicated he was acting in consultation with senior Trump transition officials, including President Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, in his dealings with the diplomat.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He was fired for misleading VPOTUS, then dinged for lying to the FBI. He pled guilty, now based on lack of collusion allegations wants to withdraw the plea.

I don’t know where the evidence against Flynn was obtained, based on what I had read previously it seemed he wa s in fact communication with officials from Russia during the transition after being tapped as the National Security Advisor which would be normal -- but then lied about it. If argument that the FISA warrants were improperly obtained, I have not read that there was a FISA warrant issued against Flynn but Russian official would be a logical target for collection and any communications with him would be intercepted.

If Flynn was improperly unmasked, he has an argument to throw that evidence out ... which may negate the conviction on evidentiary rules regardless if it is clear he was lying.

There is also the issue of Flynn very clearly have violated DoD regulations regarding involvement with foreign governments by retired officers.

I won't argue that Michael Flynn served his country very honorably for a long time. I also can acknowledge that he failed to follow DoD regulations that he acknowledged and that (as a retired LTG) I would expect him to know (I know ... I am a few rungs lower on the ladder than a LTG) is a bit troubling. If the plea is thrown out at the evidence that he lied, he would likely be able to escape conviction ... but I can easily see that he did it. He would be as innocent as WJC of perjury ... or OJ of murder.

I am interested to see where it goes.