Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Personal Bullshit Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Personal Bullshit Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Agree completely...whether a commander or a simple internet forum moderator, the ability to slam someone based on feeling personally slighted while allowing far worse to go on between others is a perfect example.
    Things have gotten heated but only once was it personal, when you brought my daughter into a conversation about sexual assault and I told you stop and you initially failed to do so. Like it or not Steve, that is personal ... if you don't like it, go find somewhere else to bitch about mods at. If you feel other people are getting away with worse, file a report ... when mods first came around they interfered in conversations too much, I try not to do that ... but yeah ... bring my kid into a conversation and I will tell you to stop, if you don't ... I will put you in time out like the child you are acting like.

That's cuz Odin doesn't carry Mjolnir.
    Not normally, he has taken it back a few times though.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Things have gotten heated but only once was it personal, when you brought my daughter into a conversation about sexual assault and I told you stop and you initially failed to do so. Like it or not Steve, that is personal ... if you don't like it, go find somewhere else to bitch about mods at. If you feel other people are getting away with worse, file a report ... when mods first came around they interfered in conversations too much, I try not to do that ... but yeah ... bring my kid into a conversation and I will tell you to stop, if you don't ... I will put you in time out like the child you are acting like.
    Dude, it's a joke, lighten up. Holy shit...I even put a fucking smiley face after the post so you wouldn't be confused.

BTW...the statement was about the protectiveness EVERY father has, including me...but that explanation was never allowed to be given because, as you said, abuse of power is one of the worst things. Talk about a fucking over reaction.

Maybe I should just start talking about Jewfagqueerblacks...and I'd be good to go...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Dude, it's a joke, lighten up. Holy shit...I even put a fucking smiley face after the post so you wouldn't be confused.
    It is hard to not be confused, your frequent passive aggressive snipes lend me to think everything is yet another passive aggressive snipe.

BTW...the statement was about the protectiveness EVERY father has, including me...but that explanation was never allowed to be given because, as you said, abuse of power is one of the worst things. Talk about a fucking over reaction.
    If that is the point you were trying to make, you sucked at it. As I said then, if you had said what you wrote in that post in my presence about my child and I asked you to stop and you wouldn't, I likely would have proceeded to beat the shit out of you. There are some lines you don't cross, you did and want to hide behind you being an ass behind "it was a joke" or "the point I was trying to make was [blank]". If you had any character you would just admit you were wrong in not dropping it when I politely asked you too, that is beyond you ...

Maybe I should just start talking about Jewfagqueerblacks...and I'd be good to go...
    Or, when someone makes a comment you think is out of line, you could take 10 seconds and file a report; however you don't want to do that. You want be able to bitch about something so not making a complaint guarantees you can either:

1. Complain about a mod not doing anything.
    2. Complain when a mod unilaterally does something without a complain.

It is a pretty routine thing, be passive and then pass judgment on anyone trying to do anything.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    It is hard to not be confused, your frequent passive aggressive snipes lend me to think everything is yet another passive aggressive snipe.
    Everything I say is passive aggressive. That's who I am...ask my friends.

If that is the point you were trying to make, you sucked at it. As I said then, if you had said what you wrote in that post in my presence about my child and I asked you to stop and you wouldn't, I likely would have proceeded to beat the shit out of you. There are some lines you don't cross, you did and want to hide behind you being an ass behind "it was a joke" or "the point I was trying to make was [blank]". If you had any character you would just admit you were wrong in not dropping it when I politely asked you too, that is beyond you ...
    I will not admit that because I wasn't wrong. If you had any character you would just admit you overreacted to something that wasn't intended to be a personal remark.

Or, when someone makes a comment you think is out of line, you could take 10 seconds and file a report; however you don't want to do that. You want be able to bitch about something so not making a complaint guarantees you can either:

1. Complain about a mod not doing anything.
    2. Complain when a mod unilaterally does something without a complain.

It is a pretty routine thing, be passive and then pass judgment on anyone trying to do anything.
    I am just amazed that you are getting so upset about a simple comment. Really, I just don't get it. Maybe it's because I never take anything seriously. Maybe it's because I don't hold grudges. Maybe it's because I don't take things personally from people who don't know me, my family, my friends, etc. Joe Blow could call my mom or my wife a whore right now and it wouldn't even raise my eyebrow because, for me to be offended by someone's comments about me, I'd actually have to give a shit about the person making the comments.

I find it hard to believe that someone who is in charge of so many people, in charge of mission critical, national defense type stuff could have such a short fuse with comments made by some nobody in a stupid forum. It really blows my mind.

Oh, an BTW, I've got plenty of character when it comes to important shit but, though this may surprise you, how you feel and think about me isn't one of the things on that list...and how people in this forum perceive me isn't one of the things on that list. So you can continue to harbor bad feelings toward me over something you THINK I said or you can move on, like I'd expect from someone who's put in charge of actual important shit on a daily basis.

Either way, just know that I don't hold grudges, nor do I harbor any ill feelings. I'm a passive aggressive person, full of sarcasm and, if you take anything I say to you personally then that's something YOU need to work on.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

As I said then, if you had said what you wrote in that post in my presence about my child and I asked you to stop and you wouldn't, I likely would have proceeded to beat the shit out of you.
    TRIED...Likely TRIED to beat the shit outta me. You may wanna pack a lunch...

That's very grown up of you. I'm impressed. A leader of men, that's for sure.

And, no, you wouldn't have because you would have understood the tone and the intent in which it was said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Everything I say is passive aggressive. That's who I am...ask my friends.
    If that is who you are, that is who you are.

I will not admit that because I wasn't wrong. If you had any character you would just admit you overreacted to something that wasn't intended to be a personal remark.
    Bringing my daughter into a conversation about sexual assault is personal.

I am just amazed that you are getting so upset about a simple comment. Really, I just don't get it. Maybe it's because I never take anything seriously. Maybe it's because I don't hold grudges. Maybe it's because I don't take things personally from people who don't know me, my family, my friends, etc. Joe Blow could call my mom or my wife a whore right now and it wouldn't even raise my eyebrow because, for me to be offended by someone's comments about me, I'd actually have to give a shit about the person making the comments.
    Maybe you should take shit seriously.

I find it hard to believe that someone who is in charge of so many people, in charge of mission critical, national defense type stuff could have such a short fuse with comments made by some nobody in a stupid forum. It really blows my mind.
    "some nobody" ... your words, but more and more appears to be the case.

Oh, an BTW, I've got plenty of character when it comes to important shit but, though this may surprise you, how you feel and think about me isn't one of the things on that list...and how people in this forum perceive me isn't one of the things on that list. So you can continue to harbor bad feelings toward me over something you THINK I said or you can move on, like I'd expect from someone who's put in charge of actual important shit on a daily basis.

Either way, just know that I don't hold grudges, nor do I harbor any ill feelings. I'm a passive aggressive person, full of sarcasm and, if you take anything I say to you personally then that's something YOU need to work on.
    You don't hold a grudge, but will bring up things for years that obviously upset you:

-RobotChicken getting banned right before he died. Obviously you had an idea how serious it was, you could have said something to me or another mod to so that we might not have banned him, but that takes a bit of effort, and removes your ability to bitch about any action that was taken.

If you want to make a snide remark, yeah ... I will call you on it. You want to make it personal ... I have no problem just banning you indefinitely ... I really don't give a shit ... for some time you have failed to really contribute anything other than an occasion bitching or complaining which isn't productive and is old.

Your choice ...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    If that is who you are, that is who you are.

Bringing my daughter into a conversation about sexual assault is personal.
    Never did that. Simply brought up a point about the way people treat there children is different then how their viewpoints may be with those who are not their children.

Maybe you should take shit seriously.
    Why is that? In here? This isn't real shit. This site is a big game where everyone is playing a character. My character is your antagonist.

"some nobody" ... your words, but more and more appears to be the case.
    Exactly! In this forum, we are all nobodies to each other. I can't see how anyone can see it any other way. Do you think that once I go home I, for one second, think about stuff happening here?

You don't hold a grudge, but will bring up things for years that obviously upset you:
    Sure...I love my wife dearly, but I'll continue to let her know it annoys me when she's not ready to go at the time we planned to go. She'll continue to let me know that I forgot about Valentine's Day a couple years back. Doesn't mean I'm gonna ban her from the house. Doesn't mean I think any less of her or she of me.

-RobotChicken getting banned right before he died. Obviously you had an idea how serious it was, you could have said something to me or another mod to so that we might not have banned him, but that takes a bit of effort, and removes your ability to bitch about any action that was taken.
    Wow...what's funny is that I would never have even remembered that happening if you hadn't brought it up just now. You need to learn to let things go once in awhile.

If you want to make a snide remark, yeah ... I will call you on it. You want to make it personal ... I have no problem just banning you indefinitely ... I really don't give a shit ... for some time you have failed to really contribute anything other than an occasion bitching or complaining which isn't productive and is old.
    Has anyone on here actually contributed anything other than bitching and complaining? That's what this place is about, and has been for years.

Your choice ...
    I think we disagree on this point greatly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Never did that. Simply brought up a point about the way people treat there children is different then how their viewpoints may be with those who are not their children.
    It was more than that.

Why is that? In here? This isn't real shit. This site is a big game where everyone is playing a character. My character is your antagonist.
    I am not playing a character, if you are that is on you. When you play and bring my kid into it and I ask you to stop, you should stop. When you didn't I told you I would ban you, then you whined about it, and make snide references about it to this day.

Exactly! In this forum, we are all nobodies to each other. I can't see how anyone can see it any other way. Do you think that once I go home I, for one second, think about stuff happening here?
    Since you log on at home, I think you do. I mean, I may be wrong but the IP address you typically log on to outside of what is probably your working hours is definitely different than the Sheppard AFB one you log on to during the day ... so I think you do think about some of this whit when you aren't at work.

Sure...I love my wife dearly, but I'll continue to let her know it annoys me when she's not ready to go at the time we planned to go. She'll continue to let me know that I forgot about Valentine's Day a couple years back. Doesn't mean I'm gonna ban her from the house. Doesn't mean I think any less of her or she of me.
    I don't think less of you, but think you are hiding behind the "my friends know I am sarcastic, it is who I am". Simple rule in life and I have even said it before here, families are off limits. When someone asks you to cut it out, cut it out. If I knew you IRL, I may understand you being sarcastic or your inference a bit better, since I have to go off what you post ... that is all I have. Was something lost in translation? Maybe ... I don't really care, I asked you to stop and you pressed the point.

Wow...what's funny is that I would never have even remembered that happening if you hadn't brought it up just now. You need to learn to let things go once in awhile.
    That's bullshit, you have brought it up a couple of times, its been a while ... but you definitely have brought it up.

Has anyone on here actually contributed anything other than bitching and complaining? That's what this place is about, and has been for years.
    There have been contributions, you used to make considerable ones. Then you decided to play your character ... the antagonist. Argue for the sake of arguing ... it is old ... and frankly you are obviously more intelligent than that ... but it seems to fit you better to just want to bitch about anything you can ...

I think we disagree on this point greatly.
    I am not forcing you to be an ass, or push the issue with my kid, or play your character ... that is totally your choice.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    It was more than that.
    No, it wasn't.

I am not playing a character, if you are that is on you. When you play and bring my kid into it and I ask you to stop, you should stop. When you didn't I told you I would ban you, then you whined about it, and make snide references about it to this day.
    I get it. It's done. I apologize for being an ass. Move on.

Since you log on at home, I think you do.
    I log on at home because I'm bored, not because I'm concerned or pining over something that was said. It's the same reason I flip through channels or check Facebook. It's not a concern either way. I check it because it's there...not because it's necessary.

I don't think less of you, but think you are hiding behind the "my friends know I am sarcastic, it is who I am". Simple rule in life and I have even said it before here, families are off limits. When someone asks you to cut it out, cut it out. If I knew you IRL, I may understand you being sarcastic or your inference a bit better, since I have to go off what you post ... that is all I have. Was something lost in translation? Maybe ... I don't really care, I asked you to stop and you pressed the point.
    :deadhorse

That's bullshit, you have brought it up a couple of times, its been a while ... but you definitely have brought it up.
    Just because I brought it up before doesn't mean it's still on my mind today. That seems to be a hang up of yours.

There have been contributions, you used to make considerable ones. Then you decided to play your character ... the antagonist. Argue for the sake of arguing ... it is old ... and frankly you are obviously more intelligent than that ... but it seems to fit you better to just want to bitch about anything you can ...
    I prefer to play devil's advocate. Conflict is much more interesting than agreement. This site is built on that conflict.

Here's an example. Go back an look in the past when there were far more liberals on here than just Rusty. I took the counter to the liberals on every occasion. Now, since the majority of the posters on here are conservative, I side with Rusty on most topics. Otherwise, there's no balance. Otherwise, we'd just get RM posting racist shit all the time with Garkhal hanging on his coat tails and WJ playing the alt-right supporter to the definition of the term, and Rusty would be the only one here (when he has time to post) to counter them and to bitch at you for letting RM get away with the stuff he does. So, I give him a hand when I can. That's the way it works.

If you're expecting to get my opinion on stuff then you're wasting your time. What I do offer, however, is the counter to the popular opinion of the day.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    The IP address you typically log on to outside of what is probably your working hours is definitely different than the one you log on to during the day"
    How much longer till we cross the Rubicon and just start outright 'doxing' forum posters?
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 02-07-2017 at 05:44 PM.