Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 65

Thread: The Personal Bullshit Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Administrator Mjölnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    2,964
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    The Personal Bullshit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Agree completely...whether a commander or a simple internet forum moderator, the ability to slam someone based on feeling personally slighted while allowing far worse to go on between others is a perfect example.
    Things have gotten heated but only once was it personal, when you brought my daughter into a conversation about sexual assault and I told you stop and you initially failed to do so. Like it or not Steve, that is personal ... if you don't like it, go find somewhere else to bitch about mods at. If you feel other people are getting away with worse, file a report ... when mods first came around they interfered in conversations too much, I try not to do that ... but yeah ... bring my kid into a conversation and I will tell you to stop, if you don't ... I will put you in time out like the child you are acting like.

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    That's cuz Odin doesn't carry Mjolnir.
    Not normally, he has taken it back a few times though.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

  2. #2
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Things have gotten heated but only once was it personal, when you brought my daughter into a conversation about sexual assault and I told you stop and you initially failed to do so. Like it or not Steve, that is personal ... if you don't like it, go find somewhere else to bitch about mods at. If you feel other people are getting away with worse, file a report ... when mods first came around they interfered in conversations too much, I try not to do that ... but yeah ... bring my kid into a conversation and I will tell you to stop, if you don't ... I will put you in time out like the child you are acting like.
    Dude, it's a joke, lighten up. Holy shit...I even put a fucking smiley face after the post so you wouldn't be confused.


    BTW...the statement was about the protectiveness EVERY father has, including me...but that explanation was never allowed to be given because, as you said, abuse of power is one of the worst things. Talk about a fucking over reaction.

    Maybe I should just start talking about Jewfagqueerblacks...and I'd be good to go...

  3. #3
    Administrator Mjölnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    2,964
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Dude, it's a joke, lighten up. Holy shit...I even put a fucking smiley face after the post so you wouldn't be confused.
    It is hard to not be confused, your frequent passive aggressive snipes lend me to think everything is yet another passive aggressive snipe.

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    BTW...the statement was about the protectiveness EVERY father has, including me...but that explanation was never allowed to be given because, as you said, abuse of power is one of the worst things. Talk about a fucking over reaction.
    If that is the point you were trying to make, you sucked at it. As I said then, if you had said what you wrote in that post in my presence about my child and I asked you to stop and you wouldn't, I likely would have proceeded to beat the shit out of you. There are some lines you don't cross, you did and want to hide behind you being an ass behind "it was a joke" or "the point I was trying to make was [blank]". If you had any character you would just admit you were wrong in not dropping it when I politely asked you too, that is beyond you ...

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Maybe I should just start talking about Jewfagqueerblacks...and I'd be good to go...
    Or, when someone makes a comment you think is out of line, you could take 10 seconds and file a report; however you don't want to do that. You want be able to bitch about something so not making a complaint guarantees you can either:

    1. Complain about a mod not doing anything.
    2. Complain when a mod unilaterally does something without a complain.

    It is a pretty routine thing, be passive and then pass judgment on anyone trying to do anything.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

  4. #4
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    It is hard to not be confused, your frequent passive aggressive snipes lend me to think everything is yet another passive aggressive snipe.
    Everything I say is passive aggressive. That's who I am...ask my friends.



    If that is the point you were trying to make, you sucked at it. As I said then, if you had said what you wrote in that post in my presence about my child and I asked you to stop and you wouldn't, I likely would have proceeded to beat the shit out of you. There are some lines you don't cross, you did and want to hide behind you being an ass behind "it was a joke" or "the point I was trying to make was [blank]". If you had any character you would just admit you were wrong in not dropping it when I politely asked you too, that is beyond you ...
    I will not admit that because I wasn't wrong. If you had any character you would just admit you overreacted to something that wasn't intended to be a personal remark.



    Or, when someone makes a comment you think is out of line, you could take 10 seconds and file a report; however you don't want to do that. You want be able to bitch about something so not making a complaint guarantees you can either:

    1. Complain about a mod not doing anything.
    2. Complain when a mod unilaterally does something without a complain.

    It is a pretty routine thing, be passive and then pass judgment on anyone trying to do anything.
    I am just amazed that you are getting so upset about a simple comment. Really, I just don't get it. Maybe it's because I never take anything seriously. Maybe it's because I don't hold grudges. Maybe it's because I don't take things personally from people who don't know me, my family, my friends, etc. Joe Blow could call my mom or my wife a whore right now and it wouldn't even raise my eyebrow because, for me to be offended by someone's comments about me, I'd actually have to give a shit about the person making the comments.

    I find it hard to believe that someone who is in charge of so many people, in charge of mission critical, national defense type stuff could have such a short fuse with comments made by some nobody in a stupid forum. It really blows my mind.

    Oh, an BTW, I've got plenty of character when it comes to important shit but, though this may surprise you, how you feel and think about me isn't one of the things on that list...and how people in this forum perceive me isn't one of the things on that list. So you can continue to harbor bad feelings toward me over something you THINK I said or you can move on, like I'd expect from someone who's put in charge of actual important shit on a daily basis.

    Either way, just know that I don't hold grudges, nor do I harbor any ill feelings. I'm a passive aggressive person, full of sarcasm and, if you take anything I say to you personally then that's something YOU need to work on.

  5. #5
    Administrator Mjölnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    2,964
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Everything I say is passive aggressive. That's who I am...ask my friends.
    If that is who you are, that is who you are.



    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    I will not admit that because I wasn't wrong. If you had any character you would just admit you overreacted to something that wasn't intended to be a personal remark.
    Bringing my daughter into a conversation about sexual assault is personal.

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    I am just amazed that you are getting so upset about a simple comment. Really, I just don't get it. Maybe it's because I never take anything seriously. Maybe it's because I don't hold grudges. Maybe it's because I don't take things personally from people who don't know me, my family, my friends, etc. Joe Blow could call my mom or my wife a whore right now and it wouldn't even raise my eyebrow because, for me to be offended by someone's comments about me, I'd actually have to give a shit about the person making the comments.
    Maybe you should take shit seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    I find it hard to believe that someone who is in charge of so many people, in charge of mission critical, national defense type stuff could have such a short fuse with comments made by some nobody in a stupid forum. It really blows my mind.
    "some nobody" ... your words, but more and more appears to be the case.

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Oh, an BTW, I've got plenty of character when it comes to important shit but, though this may surprise you, how you feel and think about me isn't one of the things on that list...and how people in this forum perceive me isn't one of the things on that list. So you can continue to harbor bad feelings toward me over something you THINK I said or you can move on, like I'd expect from someone who's put in charge of actual important shit on a daily basis.

    Either way, just know that I don't hold grudges, nor do I harbor any ill feelings. I'm a passive aggressive person, full of sarcasm and, if you take anything I say to you personally then that's something YOU need to work on.
    You don't hold a grudge, but will bring up things for years that obviously upset you:

    -RobotChicken getting banned right before he died. Obviously you had an idea how serious it was, you could have said something to me or another mod to so that we might not have banned him, but that takes a bit of effort, and removes your ability to bitch about any action that was taken.

    If you want to make a snide remark, yeah ... I will call you on it. You want to make it personal ... I have no problem just banning you indefinitely ... I really don't give a shit ... for some time you have failed to really contribute anything other than an occasion bitching or complaining which isn't productive and is old.

    Your choice ...
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

  6. #6
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    If that is who you are, that is who you are.

    Bringing my daughter into a conversation about sexual assault is personal.
    Never did that. Simply brought up a point about the way people treat there children is different then how their viewpoints may be with those who are not their children.

    Maybe you should take shit seriously.
    Why is that? In here? This isn't real shit. This site is a big game where everyone is playing a character. My character is your antagonist.



    "some nobody" ... your words, but more and more appears to be the case.
    Exactly! In this forum, we are all nobodies to each other. I can't see how anyone can see it any other way. Do you think that once I go home I, for one second, think about stuff happening here?



    You don't hold a grudge, but will bring up things for years that obviously upset you:
    Sure...I love my wife dearly, but I'll continue to let her know it annoys me when she's not ready to go at the time we planned to go. She'll continue to let me know that I forgot about Valentine's Day a couple years back. Doesn't mean I'm gonna ban her from the house. Doesn't mean I think any less of her or she of me.

    -RobotChicken getting banned right before he died. Obviously you had an idea how serious it was, you could have said something to me or another mod to so that we might not have banned him, but that takes a bit of effort, and removes your ability to bitch about any action that was taken.
    Wow...what's funny is that I would never have even remembered that happening if you hadn't brought it up just now. You need to learn to let things go once in awhile.

    If you want to make a snide remark, yeah ... I will call you on it. You want to make it personal ... I have no problem just banning you indefinitely ... I really don't give a shit ... for some time you have failed to really contribute anything other than an occasion bitching or complaining which isn't productive and is old.
    Has anyone on here actually contributed anything other than bitching and complaining? That's what this place is about, and has been for years.

    Your choice ...
    I think we disagree on this point greatly.

  7. #7
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post

    As I said then, if you had said what you wrote in that post in my presence about my child and I asked you to stop and you wouldn't, I likely would have proceeded to beat the shit out of you.
    TRIED...Likely TRIED to beat the shit outta me. You may wanna pack a lunch...

    That's very grown up of you. I'm impressed. A leader of men, that's for sure.

    And, no, you wouldn't have because you would have understood the tone and the intent in which it was said.

  8. #8
    Administrator Mjölnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    2,964
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    TRIED...Likely TRIED to beat the shit outta me. You may wanna pack a lunch...

    That's very grown up of you. I'm impressed. A leader of men, that's for sure.

    And, no, you wouldn't have because you would have understood the tone and the intent in which it was said.
    No, it isn't grown up. It is a visceral reaction to your comments on my daughter. Maybe I am not a leader of men, but I am a man ... had you continued to press the issue to my face ... it likely wouldn't have ended well one way or the other.

    Tone or not, you fail to understand that when someone asks you stop talking about their family ... you should have stopped. You failed to do that ... frankly ... you behaved like less than a man in that interaction.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on a Marl Road
    Posts
    3,882
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    The IP address you typically log on to outside of what is probably your working hours is definitely different than the one you log on to during the day"
    How much longer till we cross the Rubicon and just start outright 'doxing' forum posters?
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 02-07-2017 at 05:44 PM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Bos Mutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,558
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Actually, no I didn't. Have a look back. It was your boy Garkhal who brought that up.
    He's the most dishonest poster we have. Terrible.


    As most of Trump's (hail) undertones, and overtones, as well as yours, come straight from the list for fascism. It means nothing for either of you. You go to the extreme to make your point just as Rusty goes to the extreme to make his. We both know that neither of you are really THAT extreme.
    Rainman is all for fascism of the whites. Lies and more lies to make his point. Sad.
    The Voice of Reason

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •