Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BYU USAF ROTC may move over coffee

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    Interesting...

The ROTC CO is an active duty assignment, correct?

Is it unreasonable to require someone to refrain from drinking coffee?

Maybe...though we have rules about refraining from alcohol at some locations...but, seems like this should have been a screen-out element prior to assignment selection. "Are you willing to adhere to the BYU honor code which includes abstaining from caffeine?" Any "No" answer is disqualifying.

But...the heck with them...I say go ahead and move it.
    I can agree, an Honor code is a good idea, as long as all adhere to it. BUT no caffine? And one can't have it when NOT at ROTC? Fut the whuk..

I mean it would be like say Walmart telling its employees "To be healthier, there will be no use of Tobaaco products. NOT EVEN WHEN YOU are off shift and sitting at home".. To me that would be illegal of them do make that sort of rule.
    SURE i can understand them doing so when AT WORK, but not when off shift...
    Last edited by garhkal; 01-30-2017 at 08:07 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I've known a fair amount of Mormon's...can't recall any of them ever trying to convert me.
    Even the ones who knock at your door and you assume they are Jehovas Witnesses.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    I mean it would be like say Walmart telling its employees "To be healthier, there will be no use of Tobaaco products. NOT EVEN WHEN YOU are off shift and sitting at home".. To me that would be illegal of them do make that sort of rule.
    SURE i can understand them doing so when AT WORK, but not when off shift...
    This happens. Not at Walmart but there are several companies that do have the requirement (even away from work).

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Even the ones who knock at your door and you assume they are Jehovas Witnesses.
    I don't know if any of those were Mormon...I don't really get them often...I can remember one time in the last 5 years that I've been in my current house...they didn't really stay and chat long, they were just kinda like...oh something about salvation, here is a pamphlet. Maybe they were put off cuz I was sitting on my front porch drinking whiskey and smoking a cigar.
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    They can be very very convincing. Back when Rainmaker left the Catholics, He seriously considered joining up with the LDS himself....... But, didn't want to give up the cinnamon Nicorette gum.
    Cinnamon Nicorette gum is not verboten ... will send a couple of industrious missionaries to your house.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    This happens. Not at Walmart but there are several companies that do have the requirement (even away from work).
    I was using walmart as an example. AND yes i know several companies (CVS) have tried implementing that and have YET to get challenged on its legality..

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    My wife and I are LDS "light" ... we drink soda and swear.
    I converted 5 years before I met my wife ... and not for a different Mormon girl but a bona fide desire to change my life.
    Were you always LDS-Lite or were you heavy at one point?

I'm just curious...usually when people go through the conversion deal...they do so with a great deal of commitment and zeal...at least initially, then may mellow over time, I reckon.
    Last edited by Bos Mutus; 01-31-2017 at 07:10 PM.
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    usually when people go through the conversion deal...they do so with a great deal of commitment and zeal...at least initially,
    Oh. You mean like when you first converted to reform atheistic judaism, changed your name from measured man to Bos Mutus & began spamming the forum with endless posts about aborted children's being nothing more than zygotes and Christ-bashing us on every other thread here, shouting down anyone who dared to disagree (with non sensicle gibberish about fig trees)?
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 01-31-2017 at 11:04 PM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Cinnamon Nicorette gum is not verboten ... will send a couple of industrious missionaries to your house.
    Mormonism is truly the "Made in the USA" religion. & Raimaker personally observed the change they made in his Vicodin addicted Brother's life (after he converted).

Also, Mormans have many beautiful, fertile, blonde wimmins, that want to have lots of kids, so now that our glorious-leader has stopped the 3rd world invaders colonization of America, they may end up becoming the nation's defacto christian majority soon.

But, utimately Rainmaker chose to go with the Methodists because, John Wesley was a saint & it's in walking distance of the house. And my twins go to private-school there, so they cut a break on the tuition, if you join up. And Rainmaker generally likes keep all options open, So we'll definitely keep the Mormons in-mind.

BTW...Did Utah ever get rid of that 3.2 beer? They have all the ingredients there for a thriving micro-brew scene.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 01-31-2017 at 09:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Were you always LDS-Lite or were you heavy at one point?

I'm just curious...usually when people go through the conversion deal...they do so with a great deal of commitment and zeal...at least initially, then may mellow over time, I reckon.
    Pretty much.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.