Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: "We don't tip black people'?? Why only finding in BBC news?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,267
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

    "We don't tip black people'?? Why only finding in BBC news?

    I saw this, while going through the news from bbc.co.uk to see if there was anything on a potential new truck attack in italy..
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38561883

    Apparently in Virginia, a black waitress at a restaurant was in tears after seeing a note scrawled on the receipt she got back from the customers saying "Great service, we don't tip black people"..

    Most of the workers i know in food service, say they get THAT sort of attitude FROM blacks, not to black wait staff..
    So who else here has heard of this???

  2. #2
    Administrator Mjölnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    2,788
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    I saw this, while going through the news from bbc.co.uk to see if there was anything on a potential new truck attack in italy..
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38561883

    Apparently in Virginia, a black waitress at a restaurant was in tears after seeing a note scrawled on the receipt she got back from the customers saying "Great service, we don't tip black people"..

    Most of the workers i know in food service, say they get THAT sort of attitude FROM blacks, not to black wait staff..
    So who else here has heard of this???
    I heard about it ... either on CNN or Fox ... not sure which.

    Be careful that you don't abbreviate and say you were looking at BBC ...
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

  3. #3
    Senior Member efmbman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,042
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Most of the workers i know in food service, say they get THAT sort of attitude FROM blacks, not to black wait staff..
    Racism, prejudice, and bigotry are rarely a one-way street.

  4. #4
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,983
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Most of the workers i know in food service, say they get THAT sort of attitude FROM blacks, not to black wait staff..
    So who else here has heard of this???
    I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. The only thing I'm getting for it is that you didn't realize that some white people don't like black people? Is that what you learned from this because, if so, you've got a little catching up to do.

  5. #5
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,983
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post

    Be careful that you don't abbreviate and say you were looking at BBC ...
    Probably distinguishing between the TV channel and the website? I'd say cnn.com or foxnews.com or msnbc.com if I saw it on the website as opposed to just CNN, Fox News, or MSNBC.

  6. #6
    Administrator Mjölnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    2,788
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Probably distinguishing between the TV channel and the website? I'd say cnn.com or foxnews.com or msnbc.com if I saw it on the website as opposed to just CNN, Fox News, or MSNBC.
    It was a joke ... references a particular type of anatomy / porn that some folks are into ...

    As far as news ... BBC is one of my faves ...
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

  7. #7
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,983
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    It was a joke ... references a particular type of anatomy / porn that some folks are into ...
    Gotcha...I've never heard of BBC in relation to porn so it didn't even begin to register.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Bos Mutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,468
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    I saw this, while going through the news from bbc.co.uk to see if there was anything on a potential new truck attack in italy..
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38561883

    Apparently in Virginia, a black waitress at a restaurant was in tears after seeing a note scrawled on the receipt she got back from the customers saying "Great service, we don't tip black people"..

    Most of the workers i know in food service, say they get THAT sort of attitude FROM blacks, not to black wait staff..
    So who else here has heard of this???
    What is it with people feeling the need to write these little notes on receipts all the time? Cut it out.

    Anyway...a good many of these turn out to be hoaxes, so, whatever...not really news anyway. Shocking Story...someone in VA doesn't tip black people.

    Okay...not shocked that there is an asshole in Virginia, if this is even a true story. If it is someone's policy to not tip blacks...I can't imagine why they feel the need to advertise it to the person who just gave them great service...oh turnabout because maybe that person is in service industry as well and feels like blacks don't tip her?

    Lastly, "in tears"? Harumpf.
    The Voice of Reason

  9. #9
    Administrator Mjölnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    2,788
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    Racism, prejudice, and bigotry are rarely a one-way street.
    +1

    ................
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

  10. #10
    Senior Member WILDJOKER5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    939
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    What is it with people feeling the need to write these little notes on receipts all the time? Cut it out.

    Anyway...a good many of these turn out to be hoaxes, so, whatever...not really news anyway. Shocking Story...someone in VA doesn't tip black people.

    Okay...not shocked that there is an asshole in Virginia, if this is even a true story. If it is someone's policy to not tip blacks...I can't imagine why they feel the need to advertise it to the person who just gave them great service...oh turnabout because maybe that person is in service industry as well and feels like blacks don't tip her?

    Lastly, "in tears"? Harumpf.
    Yeah, I would love to see the wait staff who post pics of their tips after a black customer stiffs them without any note. And how do we know this customer wasn't black? Like you said, many have shown to be false just to stoke some racial tensions. Im sure this wasn't the first time she was stiffed though.
    Progressivism; such great ideas, they need to force you to follow them.

    Socialism is for the people, not the socialist.

    Economic Left/Right: 7.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.08
    politicalcompass.org

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •