Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: political movies/tv shows, why always democrats in charge/right??

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

political movies/tv shows, why always democrats in charge/right??

Last night, i watched an oldish film, The Contender with quite a few good names in it (Jeff Bridges, Gary oldman, Christian Slater).. BUT it seems like with many other films and TV shows dealing with politics/the government/the white house, they All (or damn near all) seem to be a Democrat in charge/being the good guys/always being right etc, while anything and everything to do with republicans is bad/wrong/evil...
    THE only one i can remember where it is NOT that way is House of cards, and imo since its a HBO show, it was deliberately made to BE a satire on how backstabbing and conniving politics is...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What do you suppose the political leanings of the Hollywood establishment might be? Not just the production companies, but those that bankroll movies and TV.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    What do you suppose the political leanings of the Hollywood establishment might be? Not just the production companies, but those that bankroll movies and TV.
    Liberal as all hell and a hand basket. BUT surely for "inclusiveness/tolerance' sake, they shuld have at least had one decent film or tv series by now that showed the republicans in a good light.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Liberal as all hell and a hand basket. BUT surely for "inclusiveness/tolerance' sake, they shuld have at least had one decent film or tv series by now that showed the republicans in a good light.
    Though political affiliation is never really talked about, "Blue Bloods" seems to focus on a fairly conservative family. NCIS, I'd guess that Gibbs is a Conservative...

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Though political affiliation is never really talked about, "Blue Bloods" seems to focus on a fairly conservative family. NCIS, I'd guess that Gibbs is a Conservative...
    The lawyer's daughter is most definitely liberal though...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    The lawyer's daughter is most definitely liberal though...
    Ok...but the 6 other main characters aren't...and they also aren't shown in a negative light..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    American Dad
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Ok...but the 6 other main characters aren't...and they also aren't shown in a negative light..
    That is true, but i wouldn't call blue bloods to be a politically focused tv show..

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    That is true, but i wouldn't call blue bloods to be a politically focused tv show..

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Really? There's really no more relevant political show right now. Every episode is about the morality behind policing, with the focus on the tactics of policing within the minority communities.

What shows are you talking about that a liberal and more politically focused than Blue Bloods?