Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: political movies/tv shows, why always democrats in charge/right??

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,329
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

    political movies/tv shows, why always democrats in charge/right??

    Last night, i watched an oldish film, The Contender with quite a few good names in it (Jeff Bridges, Gary oldman, Christian Slater).. BUT it seems like with many other films and TV shows dealing with politics/the government/the white house, they All (or damn near all) seem to be a Democrat in charge/being the good guys/always being right etc, while anything and everything to do with republicans is bad/wrong/evil...
    THE only one i can remember where it is NOT that way is House of cards, and imo since its a HBO show, it was deliberately made to BE a satire on how backstabbing and conniving politics is...

  2. #2
    Senior Member efmbman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,042
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What do you suppose the political leanings of the Hollywood establishment might be? Not just the production companies, but those that bankroll movies and TV.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,329
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    What do you suppose the political leanings of the Hollywood establishment might be? Not just the production companies, but those that bankroll movies and TV.
    Liberal as all hell and a hand basket. BUT surely for "inclusiveness/tolerance' sake, they shuld have at least had one decent film or tv series by now that showed the republicans in a good light.

  4. #4
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Liberal as all hell and a hand basket. BUT surely for "inclusiveness/tolerance' sake, they shuld have at least had one decent film or tv series by now that showed the republicans in a good light.
    Though political affiliation is never really talked about, "Blue Bloods" seems to focus on a fairly conservative family. NCIS, I'd guess that Gibbs is a Conservative...

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,329
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Though political affiliation is never really talked about, "Blue Bloods" seems to focus on a fairly conservative family. NCIS, I'd guess that Gibbs is a Conservative...
    The lawyer's daughter is most definitely liberal though...

  6. #6
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    The lawyer's daughter is most definitely liberal though...
    Ok...but the 6 other main characters aren't...and they also aren't shown in a negative light..

  7. #7
    Administrator Mjölnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    2,965
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    American Dad
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,329
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Ok...but the 6 other main characters aren't...and they also aren't shown in a negative light..
    That is true, but i wouldn't call blue bloods to be a politically focused tv show..

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,329
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Ok...but the 6 other main characters aren't...and they also aren't shown in a negative light..
    That is true, but i wouldn't call blue bloods to be a politically focused tv show..

  10. #10
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    That is true, but i wouldn't call blue bloods to be a politically focused tv show..
    Really? There's really no more relevant political show right now. Every episode is about the morality behind policing, with the focus on the tactics of policing within the minority communities.

    What shows are you talking about that a liberal and more politically focused than Blue Bloods?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •