Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Uniformity Needed for All in Uniform?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Here it is...

SPC. THOMAS WILSON: We’re digging pieces of rusted scrap metal and compromised ballistic glass that has already been shot up, dropped, busted– picking the best out of this scrap to put on our vehicles go into combat.
    We do not have proper armament vehicles to carry with us North.

DONALD RUMSFELD: As you know, you go to war with the army you have, not the army you might want or wish to have at a later time.
    You can have all the armor in the world on a tank, and a tank can be blown up. And you can have an up-armored Humvee, and it can be blown up.
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    Maybe he used that quote more than once...but the one I remember is he used it in responding to a soldier's question about not having enough of the right equipment...Armored Humvees maybe?
    Okay. But, in either case their arrogance and stupidity led them to underestimate the task at hand. And men far better than them ended up paying the price with their lives for it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Okay. But, in either case their arrogance and stupidity led them to underestimate the task at hand. And men far better than them ended up paying the price with their lives for it.
    I agree. I did not intend to hold up Rummy as a hero or role model...just thought that particular quote applied...as callous and disconnected as it may have been at the time he said it.
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    I agree. I did not intend to hold up Rummy as a hero or role model...just thought that particular quote applied...as callous and disconnected as it may have been at the time he said it.
    They did the same stupid shit in Libya.

Discounted the military's advice and established a no fly zone.

So Libya became a failed state & all the weapons went to Syria.

Now the bitch wants to wash rinse & repeat in Syria, as "the best way to help Israel" ....

Only one problem. How do you establish a no fly zone w the Russians flying sorties, and not start Armageddon?

But all the stooges on CNN care to talk about, 24-7, night and day, is that Trump likes pussy.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 10-14-2016 at 11:10 PM.