Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NCAA Rules Prohibit Army Vet Because of Poor High School

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    We provide very little chance for youth to break out of that system when the education system cannot affoard a sufficient basic education to try and better themselves.
    The taxpayers in Baltimore already spend $15,287 per public school pupil per year (2nd in the nation behind NYC). Unfortunately, When 2/3rds of your student body has no Dad in the house and an average IQ of 85. No amount of Money can fix it.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 10-08-2016 at 02:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Rainmaker'll take take the double free odds that this kid either a: went to a high school that lost its accreditation or b: didn't take the 16 required core classes.

Anything that comes out of "The Detroit Free Press", which is a very liberally biased paper, or Jeff Bezos' WaPo, which is no better today than Soviet era Pravda, has to be taken with a grain of salt.
    he went to a crap school. No idea what classes he took.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The taxpayers in Baltimore already spend $15,287 per public school pupil per year (2nd in the nation behind NYC). Unfortunately, When 2/3rds of your student body has no Dad in the house and an average IQ of 85. No amount of Money can fix it.
    I think it isn't necessarily how much we spend ... but how we spend it. Baltimore has notoriously crap schools, crap city government etc. My opinion is that most of the Baltimore 'system' is less interested in addressing problems and helping people move up than it is in maintaining the status quo ... which hurts its citizens.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Nor when many of the students are too busy gang banging to worry about getting their education.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    I think it isn't necessarily how much we spend ... but how we spend it. Baltimore has notoriously crap schools, crap city government etc. My opinion is that most of the Baltimore 'system' is less interested in addressing problems and helping people move up than it is in maintaining the status quo ... which hurts its citizens.
    That is true. I've known some school districts which had less money spent than that, but better distribution of that dosh, and thus better educations for the pupils..