Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rapists, false accusations and the like

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WILDJOKER5 View Post
    I believe they believe its true. That's why the "law" gives women the "right" to cry rape if they were "too drunk to remember". Although the guy could never get away with that line. And it never works if the woman was too drunk to remember she was driving. Feminism is a supremacist movement.
    You are confusing being the suspect with the victim.

Being the victim of a rape is like being the person hit by the car, not like being the driver.

Do you think the law should state that drunk women can not file rape charges?...i.e. once a woman gets drunk, you are free to rape her all you want.?

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    I never understood that. If you get drunk, and you rape someone while you're drunk, will you get off for that?

If someone who is drunk is not responsible for the choices that they make, then it needs to go both ways.
    So...you're saying getting raped is a choice the woman makes?
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Point exactly, women calling rape is taken seriously, men however claiming rape or forced penetration is usually brushed aside.
    Heck in some states, the # of times a man has claimed rape and actually had it even go to trial is 0.. And what i find the worse is that in some cases the male victims of rape who did get their rapist pregnant, were THEN further 'raped' by the system by being forced to pay up child support, such as in the case Hermesmann v. Seyer.
    http://law.justia.com/cases/kansas/s.../67-978-3.html

Men get abused about half the time as women in domestic fights, but there are still a total of 0 battered men's shelters.
    Heck its not just battered spouse shelters. I have yet to see a SINGLE documentary on abuse against male spouses, compared to the dozens i have seen on female victims...

Over 75% of the time, women win full custody of children in divorces. Prostate cancer research receives less than half of breast cancer research, yet both cancers kill in the same respectable levels of each other.
    Try almost 3 to 1 ratio.. Prostate cancer last year had barely 390 mil in funding Federally, compared to 900 or so mil for breast. AND That's not including the well over 30 separate different private charities that raise money for breast cancer.. Compare that to maybe 3 out there for prostate cancer research (i can't find a definitive list)

Women (teachers) who rape their students and are even pregnant with the student get less than half the time in jail than a man would for raping his student.
    If any at all.. And its only been recently that has even been happening where they get jail time.

Quote Originally Posted by sparks82 View Post
    That has everything to do with society and nothing to do with the law. I see how you so easily dismissed how long it took for women to even get equal treatment under the law. It took forever for women reporting rape to be taken seriously. To be being beaten up by their partners to be taken seriously. To being raped by their husbands to be taken seriously. Again 1993 before all 50 states outlawed marital rape.
    It has everything to do with the law.. When its the LAW that decides whether someone's prosecuted for breaking a law.. BUT admittedly society does have a big chunk of the blame as its US who push for laws to get made..

And its the same reason why those who make false rape claims don't get charged. ITS THE LAW that protects them as they (IMO) wrongfully feel that it would make real victims not come forward.. BUT again that is all imo cause of society's pressure on them to take rape of women serious..

Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    You are confusing being the suspect with the victim.

Being the victim of a rape is like being the person hit by the car, not like being the driver.

Do you think the law should state that drunk women can not file rape charges?...i.e. once a woman gets drunk, you are free to rape her all you want.?
    Certainly not. BUT by the same logic, if a woman gets a guy drunk for the purposes of having sex with him cause she knows he wouldn't shag her with some one ELSES dick if he was sober, shouldn't SHE be done for rape..??!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    So...you're saying getting raped is a choice the woman makes?
    No, I'm saying having sex is a choice the woman makes.

But now, they're saying that being drunk means that one can't consent. Which is garbage. By that standard, it should be impossible to commit a crime while under the influence. DUI's should be perfectly legal.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

But now, they're saying that being drunk means that one can't consent. Which is garbage. By that standard, it should be impossible to commit a crime while under the influence. DUI's should be perfectly legal.
    Absolutely...if I can't "make a choice" to have sex while I'm drunk then how can I be held responsible when I get into a car. I was impaired, under the influence. I wasn't in my right mind.

I had a plan not to drive before I went out, then I drove anyway. Obviously it wasn't me who made the choice because the alcohol altered my original, smart plan.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Certainly not. BUT by the same logic, if a woman gets a guy drunk for the purposes of having sex with him cause she knows he wouldn't shag her with some one ELSES dick if he was sober, shouldn't SHE be done for rape..??!
    The law should allow any victim to press charges...whether they were drunk or not.

You seem to be implying that the law shouldn't allow women to cry rape if they were drunk when raped....what did you mean by that then?

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Absolutely...if I can't "make a choice" to have sex while I'm drunk then how can I be held responsible when I get into a car. I was impaired, under the influence. I wasn't in my right mind.

I had a plan not to drive before I went out, then I drove anyway. Obviously it wasn't me who made the choice because the alcohol altered my original, smart plan.
    You all are still a little murky in the victim vs. suspect thing.

Voluntary intoxication is not an excuse for committing a crime. The only time intoxication is an excuse is when you were involuntarily intoxicated...i.e. someone drugged you.
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    The law should allow any victim to press charges...whether they were drunk or not.

You seem to be implying that the law shouldn't allow women to cry rape if they were drunk when raped....what did you mean by that then?

You all are still a little murky in the victim vs. suspect thing.
    if you're drunk and get involved in an accident, It's generally assumed that you caused the accident (Whether you actually caused it or not).
    This is because, drunk driving is considered to be Reckless and Negligent behavior.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 09-16-2016 at 01:57 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Heck in some states, the # of times a man has claimed rape and actually had it even go to trial is 0.. And what i find the worse is that in some cases the male victims of rape who did get their rapist pregnant, were THEN further 'raped' by the system by being forced to pay up child support, such as in the case Hermesmann v. Seyer.
    http://law.justia.com/cases/kansas/s.../67-978-3.html

Heck its not just battered spouse shelters. I have yet to see a SINGLE documentary on abuse against male spouses, compared to the dozens i have seen on female victims...

Try almost 3 to 1 ratio.. Prostate cancer last year had barely 390 mil in funding Federally, compared to 900 or so mil for breast. AND That's not including the well over 30 separate different private charities that raise money for breast cancer.. Compare that to maybe 3 out there for prostate cancer research (i can't find a definitive list)

If any at all.. And its only been recently that has even been happening where they get jail time.

It has everything to do with the law.. When its the LAW that decides whether someone's prosecuted for breaking a law.. BUT admittedly society does have a big chunk of the blame as its US who push for laws to get made..

And its the same reason why those who make false rape claims don't get charged. ITS THE LAW that protects them as they (IMO) wrongfully feel that it would make real victims not come forward.. BUT again that is all imo cause of society's pressure on them to take rape of women serious..

The laws don't decide who gets prosecuted - the prosecutor decides who gets charged and who doesn't. It's the people who decide based on their interpretation of the law. Sometimes the prosecution and the judges fuck up. That's pretty damn obvious. That case you posted they fucked up but it is Kansas so I didn't expect much from them.

Here are documentaries on male domestic violence victims:
    UK Channel 4 the documentary program, Dispatches - 1999: 100 male victims were surveyed. "Breaking Our Silence" and "Battered Men." There was another link in this article I found but I can't access it that stated several other documentaries on male victims. There are a couple on same sex relationships where abuse happens.

Also there are women who have been charged with murder for killing their abusive partners and spent significant jail time for taking matters into their own hands.

Tell me how many cases there are where they 100% proved that the person made up a rape or assault story. How many cases are there out there that it was absolutely proven it was false? Not many. I know of the one when I was at Riley and that happened before I was a SARC.

Did she make the guy drink? Did she force the alcohol down his throat? Can you prove she forced him to drink in order to have sex? No. If someone doesn't want to have sex, they won't. Now if a woman slips something into a drink to violate that other person THAT is illegal. Or if he tells this woman "No I don't want to have sex with you" and she ends up taking advantage of him passed out, that's illegal too. But if both people willingly consent and are coherent and of sound mind, that is consensual sex regardless of the gender of the two people. As long as you are two, consenting adults, it's legal.

The issue isn't about which gender gets assaulted more. If people really want to stop rape, sexual assault and domestic violence we have to start addressing it as a gender neutral problem. We have to help everyone regardless of gender or ethnicity or social status. There should be more shelters that cater to both men and women. There should be less of a stigma on male victims coming forward. But you know who the majority of people are who attack male victims? Other men. If a guy gets raped and his so called friends find out, they make fun of him. If his wife beats him up, they make fun of him. So we need to stop focusing on the gender of the victims and start focusing ON the victims and helping them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post

There is a legal limit for intoxication. Also driving while drunk is a lot different than someone taking advantage of an intoxicated, incoherent, irrational person.

No one says you can't have drunk sex. You can't FORCE someone else to have sex with you. If both people say yes, it's consensual. If at any point that person says "no" you stop. It's not difficult to grasp.

For those who say "What about those girls who wake up the next day and can't remember and cry rape?" That's why they investigate. Just because someone can't remember doesnt' mean they are lying about rape. If it is unfounded or unsubstantiated it gets dropped.

Who make a choice to get behind the car knowing that it's wrong if you're intoxicated. You also make a choice to have sex with someone who is passed out, barely able to stand, incoherent, etc knowing it's wrong (general you not specific you).

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks82 View Post
    You make a choice to get behind the car knowing that it's wrong if you're intoxicated. You also make a choice to have sex with someone knowing fully well what would could happen when you're intoxicated.
    There, fixed it for you.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    There, fixed it for you.
    No you didn't. I know what I said and what I meant. Getting drunk to the point you pass out is NOT an invitation for someone else to come along and sexually assault or rape you. So by what you did to my comment you make it seem like it's the passed out person's fault for getting violated. It's not. If you think it's okay for someone to have sex with an unconscious person, or incoherent barely able to stand drunk person, you have some serious fucking issues you need to deal with.