Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Rapists, false accusations and the like

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Yep, our biggest disagreement is always semantics...

I would say it's more nuance than semantic.

:-)
    trolling.jpg
    Last edited by Bos Mutus; 09-22-2016 at 03:51 PM.
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    I would say it's more nuance than semantic.

:-)
    trolling.jpg
    I see what you did there...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Well, Rainmaker's started out in Field Artillery at Fort Hood TX. (all male MOS). After 3 1/2 years, Separated following his return from Desert Storm and then spending the next 6 months changing tires in a shithole garage in Waco and Mrs. Rainmaker getting pregnant

.........Rainmaker somehow managed to hoodwink the AF recruiter into taking him & then spent The next 6 years as an Airborne Radio Operator, in Operational Sqs that were probably > 95% male.......

So, To make a long story longer..........Got permanently DNIF'd for an irregular heartbeat (proving I have one?!) then, Re-trained and did 13 more in a largely civilianized career field.......

However, did deploy 6 more times for OEF/OIF (4 of them joint), including 2 as a first sergeant, so I'm quite familiar with the effects women can and do have on esprit de corps and the multitude of benefits they'll provide to a unit's cohesion and mission effectiveness (just by the very act of, being around).

Now, My OPINION (& take it FWIW) Is that any senior leader that thinks putting Women in Combat Arms is actually a good idea, Is either A: a PC hack bootlicking kiss ass, posing as a General Officer or B: Has had their lips wrapped around the Koolaide cup, so fucking far and for so fucking long, that they've inadvertently turned themselves into a special breed of Moron.
    I did not know you had been a red leg, good shit. May Saint Barbara's blessing land true.

So, oir background are not as different as I thought. Why do you suppose our experiences with alleged assaulted a being ostracized and/or ruined by the system (can't control interpersonal actions) are so different?
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Why do you suppose our experiences with alleged assaulted a being ostracized and/or ruined by the system (can't control interpersonal actions) are so different?
    I think your observation is for the most part correct. Over the last 20 years or so the AF has gone from around 10% female to almost 20%. As a result, all sorts of problems have manifested, not the least of which is political correctness run amok.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 09-24-2016 at 02:38 AM.