Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is Radical Islam?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    We hear a lot about Radical Islamic Terrorists.

What is Radical Islam?...is it the same as regular Islam, only once someone does violence, they get called a radical...or is there a set of beliefs that tends to go along with radical Islam that is different than non-radical Islam? Are there Muslims that are radical in their beliefs that don't commit terrorism...or is the violence the thing that makes them classified as radical?
    Most of what we call; radical Islam is offshoots of fundamentalist Wahhabism. with interpretations of the Koran that are often seen as bizarre to the majority of Muslims. That mixed up with anti-western politics and power-seeking thuggery, much like Christianity when it was the same age as Islam is now. By traditional standards the get called evil becasue too many of their core beliefs are in opposition to the Koran, the fact that they murder far more Muslims than any other group doesn't make them popular with a majority of Muslims either. Think of the various Inquisitions joining together as a political movement and you would get the Christian equivalent.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    You've mistaken Rainmaker for someone who gives a Fuck about what you consider to be "relevant".

You have no authority here. But, if you'd like, you can file your formal complaint at HDR22@ClintonEmail.com.
    You're so far down the fucking rabbit hole that you don't even realize it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    I think that any religion becomes "radical" when its followers are motived by that religion to violate the rights of others.
    That sounds fairly accurate to me. I might add "using the teaching of their religion to justify violence and/or oppression on those not having the same beliefs".

This might turn into a decent thread - I am really enjoying the ignore feature

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post

This might turn into a decent thread - I am really enjoying the ignore feature
    Aww bless...... Now we can all enjoy our own personal “safe spaces” away from the harmful words of others! The grand wussification of MTF continues......[Insert Mooning Smiley Emojicon here].
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 09-11-2016 at 03:54 AM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    You're so far down the fucking rabbit hole that you don't even realize it.
    "Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast".
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 09-11-2016 at 03:13 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Aww bless...... Now we can all enjoy our own personal “safe spaces” away from the harmful words of others! The grand wussification of MTF continues......[Insert Mooning Smiley Emojicon here].
    Using emasculating language to shame somebody for not putting up with your bullshit?
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    That was very insensitive Rusty. In response to your micro-aggression, Rainmaker is changing his official MTF status from "miffed" to "peeved"!

Last edited by Rainmaker; 09-12-2016 at 02:04 AM.