Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: Black Lives Matter, but only if they're American

  1. #21
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,983
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks82 View Post
    No I'm not when I have to take care of a medically fragile child by myself with no support from her father. Everything goes to her and bills. Priorities. She's my priority.

    If I had money like Bill Gates I'd do what he does and help out third world countries. I don't have money to spare at this point like I used to have when I was single and had a savings.
    If a group of 50 people in Africa had your money they'd be able to feed half the damn country.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Bos Mutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,468
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks82 View Post
    No I'm not when I have to take care of a medically fragile child by myself with no support from her father. Everything goes to her and bills.
    Somewhere in Africa there is a child that is sicker and more fragile than yours that has less resources.

    Why don't you care about that child? Do you see that child as sub-human?

    Priorities. She's my priority.
    American black victims of police violence are BLM's priority...

    If I had money like Bill Gates I'd do what he does and help out third world countries. I don't have money to spare at this point like I used to have when I was single and had a savings.
    There is never "enough money"...
    The Voice of Reason

  3. #23
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,983
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    Somewhere in Africa there is a child that is sicker and more fragile than yours that has less resources.

    Why don't you care about that child? Do you see that child as sub-human?



    American black victims of police violence are BLM's priority...



    There is never "enough money"...
    As you're making clear and everyone else is making clear, "rich" is very subjective. Like Chris Rock said, if Bill Gates looked in his bank account and it had as much money as Oprah has, he'd hang himself. It's easy for us all to justify why we don't do enough.

    On the other hand, I think that most of us will agree that we like our lifestyles as they are and that there's nothing wrong with that.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on a Marl Road
    Posts
    3,812
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks82 View Post
    Your point?
    His point is that Every American should be perfectly willing to live in a Tin shack and work for slave wages.

    Because, only when the evil and racist bourgeois has been destroyed and the average American's standard of living resembles that of his Nicaraguan brothers (in the global village) will we be able to know true happiness!

  5. #25
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,983
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    His point is that Every American should be perfectly willing to live in a Tin shack and work for slave wages.

    Because, only when the evil and racist bourgeois has been destroyed and the average American's standard of living resembles that of his Nicaraguan brothers (in the global village) will we be able to know true happiness!

    I'm pretty sure the point he was making was that we shouldn't bitch at others for not doing enough to "help" when we don't do it ourselves. So, for instance, it's easy for Sparks to bitch that others with more could do more yet she's unwilling to admit that she could do more.

    But beware, THEY want to take all of our money...and our guns. It's amazing that after 8 years of an oppressive socialist regime that I still receive a paycheck and I still have my guns. Maybe I was just overlooked?
    Last edited by sandsjames; 09-07-2016 at 07:25 PM.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Bos Mutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,468
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    As you're making clear and everyone else is making clear, "rich" is very subjective. Like Chris Rock said, if Bill Gates looked in his bank account and it had as much money as Oprah has, he'd hang himself. It's easy for us all to justify why we don't do enough.

    On the other hand, I think that most of us will agree that we like our lifestyles as they are and that there's nothing wrong with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    His point is that Every American should be perfectly willing to live in a Tin shack and work for slave wages.

    Because, only when the evil and racist bourgeois has been destroyed and the average American's standard of living resembles that of his Nicaraguan brothers (in the global village) will we be able to know true happiness!
    Yes...of course...perhaps you missed the sarcastic font I'm using.

    ...and every charitable organization that tries to benefit someone...must only work to solve the worst problem in the world. Because if that organization or any person tries to help a single mother in the U.S....sparks and that CNN goober will blast them saying, "Why don't they care about African mothers do they consider them sub-human? Obviously, the plight of an single African mother is likely worse than an American.
    The Voice of Reason

  7. #27
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,983
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    Yes...of course...perhaps you missed the sarcastic font I'm using.
    No, I completely understood it. Perhaps you missed that I was agreeing with you 100%. I know it's unusual...

  8. #28
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on a Marl Road
    Posts
    3,812
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    If a group of 50 people in Africa had your money they'd be able to feed half the damn country.


    Exactly how would they go about doing that, when after 15 years of trying it in 'Zimbabwe' they still can't figure out how to farm?

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...cda_story.html

  9. #29
    Senior Member Bos Mutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,468
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    No, I completely understood it. Perhaps you missed that I was agreeing with you 100%. I know it's unusual...
    Got it...that was more directed at Rainman...you hit the nail on the head.

    I'm not really suggesting anyone live in poverty to help the rest of the world...it was just a comparison to the accusation that BLM could do more to help people in Africa cuz they're black, too.
    The Voice of Reason

  10. #30
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,983
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Exactly how would they go about doing that, when after 15 years of trying it in 'Zimbabwe' they still can't figure out how to farm?

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...cda_story.html
    Holy shit, dude...are you this way on purpose? The point wasn't about the farming, or the education, or anything else in Zimbabwe (I love your minor protest of the name "Zimbabwe". It was about how damn poor those people are. Nothing more, nothing less.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •