Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hashtag

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Using it in conversation ... At our age (early to mid 40s) and beyond ... Odd. This is probably what our parents thought of valley or surfer talk in the early 80s.

#getoffmylawn
    I agree...I'm still not sure why I have such an irrational dislike for it, though. I honestly feel joy when I hear the stories about people ending up hurt, robbed, mugged, etc, as a result of playing this.

Oh well. As long as they don't end up parked in my driveway I guess it's no biggy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Randomly saw this today, this guy makes 500k a year from sponsors on Twitter.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/2...180206181.html
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Now I know why I hate it so much. It's about people becoming famous/rich/successful with no discernible skills and others buying into it. The annoying thing is that it leads others into thinking that they can achieve the same thing and THAT is the reason everyone shares/posts everything they do.

Thank you for the link. My hatred is no longer irrational. Now it's completely rational.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Now I know why I hate it so much. It's about people becoming famous/rich/successful with no discernible skills and others buying into it. The annoying thing is that it leads others into thinking that they can achieve the same thing and THAT is the reason everyone shares/posts everything they do.

Thank you for the link. My hatred is no longer irrational. Now it's completely rational.
    He drives web traffic to companies that want it, they pay him for it. He hasn't made a spectacle of himself a la the Kardashians. He isn't in construction I will give ya but has found a way to make a living ... can't really fault him for that.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    He drives web traffic to companies that want it, they pay him for it. He hasn't made a spectacle of himself a la the Kardashians. He isn't in construction I will give ya but has found a way to make a living ... can't really fault him for that.
    Yeah. But, He probably thinks that he's "better than" sandsjames

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Right, he makes $500k for doing nothing...I don't fault him...I fault our country for making people like him of value.