Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Comic Books

  1. #1
    Administrator Mjölnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    2,970
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Comic Books

    Bruce Banner?!?!?! Dafuq Marvel ... Da-Fuq!
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

  2. #2
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    And there will be more. Of course that's two characters in three books (Rhodey in #1). Not sure if you looked at the Marvel NOW! Preview that's starting in Sept/Oct but it's a pretty different line-up.

    Tony Stark is going bye-bye. I don't think they're going to kill him off, but he's going away. We're going to get a black female Iron Man/Woman and we're going to get a Dr. Doom Iron Man (similar to a "Spectacular Spider-man). No X-Men titles on the list, unless they are just going to hold out and restart those later down the line.

    But, yes, that book was pretty crazy yesterday. I wonder if they are looking at movie contracts of current actors and trying to created options for when those contracts run out to enable them to change the character and using a new actor instead of recasting a new actor to play the same character.

    DC is so much better than Marvel right now. I just cut my list in half on Marvel and am adding more DC because I think they are nailing it with the Rebirth stuff.
    Last edited by sandsjames; 07-14-2016 at 10:49 AM.

  3. #3
    Administrator Mjölnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    2,970
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    And there will be more. Of course that's two characters in three books (Rhodey in #1). Not sure if you looked at the Marvel NOW! Preview that's starting in Sept/Oct but it's a pretty different line-up.

    Tony Stark is going bye-bye. I don't think they're going to kill him off, but he's going away. We're going to get a black female Iron Man/Woman and we're going to get a Dr. Doom Iron Man (similar to a "Spectacular Spider-man). No X-Men titles on the list, unless they are just going to hold out and restart those later down the line.

    But, yes, that book was pretty crazy yesterday. I wonder if they are looking at movie contracts of current actors and trying to created options for when those contracts run out to enable them to change the character and using a new actor instead of recasting a new actor to play the same character.

    DC is so much better than Marvel right now. I just cut my list in half on Marvel and am adding more DC because I think they are nailing it with the Rebirth stuff.
    I think you are right about the connection to the movies ... Marvel has so far done a better job of synching the books to the movies (& the movies to each other).

    Agree, the DC comics are better than Marvel right now. I cut all Marvel except the Star Wars stuff, Thor and have added the Unworthy Thor while adding some DC stuff. Probably will cut some of the DC after a few issues but am curious about them.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

  4. #4
    Administrator Mjölnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    2,970
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    And there will be more. Of course that's two characters in three books (Rhodey in #1). Not sure if you looked at the Marvel NOW! Preview that's starting in Sept/Oct but it's a pretty different line-up.

    Tony Stark is going bye-bye. I don't think they're going to kill him off, but he's going away. We're going to get a black female Iron Man/Woman and we're going to get a Dr. Doom Iron Man (similar to a "Spectacular Spider-man). No X-Men titles on the list, unless they are just going to hold out and restart those later down the line.

    But, yes, that book was pretty crazy yesterday. I wonder if they are looking at movie contracts of current actors and trying to created options for when those contracts run out to enable them to change the character and using a new actor instead of recasting a new actor to play the same character.

    DC is so much better than Marvel right now. I just cut my list in half on Marvel and am adding more DC because I think they are nailing it with the Rebirth stuff.
    I think you are right about the connection to the movies ... Marvel has so far done a better job of synching the books to the movies (& the movies to each other).

    Agree, the DC comics are better than Marvel right now. I cut all Marvel except the Star Wars stuff, Thor and have added the Unworthy Thor while adding some DC stuff. Probably will cut some of the DC after a few issues but am curious about them.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

  5. #5
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    I think you are right about the connection to the movies ... Marvel has so far done a better job of synching the books to the movies (& the movies to each other).
    What I find strange is that they are making it very hard more me to like Carol Danvers in Civil War II. With the first Civil War it was fairly easy to empathize with both sides to a point. With this, though, I'm finding that I really dislike her (and they are having her go against a lot of top tier superheroes. I'd think they'd try to make her likable, especially with an upcoming movie. It's hard enough to have a successful female superhero movie...it will be far more difficult if they make the lead character seem insensitive.

    Hopefully they realize that a lot of the movie goers aren't going to know her background at all and that they need to make it easy to empathize with her a little bit.

  6. #6
    Newbie - (Restricted)
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    While we're on the topic of comics, do any of you have an interest in or collect vintage comics? If so, where do you find is the most reliable online source for them? Is there a particular eBay seller or website you would recommend?

  7. #7
    Newbie - (Restricted)
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafterman View Post
    While we're on the topic of comics, do any of you have an interest in or collect vintage comics? If so, where do you find is the most reliable online source for them? Is there a particular eBay seller or website you would recommend?
    I was thinking particularly of vintage comic books. There are plenty of sellers online but I just worry about reliability and authenticity etc. I think there is no better way to buy onine than on the recommendations of others which is why I asked. Better to go where others have had a good customer experience rather than take a chance. Especially with something like comic books. I did a bit of a search for vintage comic books for sale online and found a particularly good website based in Canada that syndicates the results from all other consumer and auction websites. Pretty neat. But I can't vouch for the reliability of the individual sellers on there. The reason I am so keen to start collecting is that my son has shown an interest in comics in recent months and I think collecting would be a great father/son hobby for us to take up. Does anybody else do this as a father/son team?

  8. #8
    Administrator Mjölnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    2,970
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafterman View Post
    I was thinking particularly of vintage comic books. There are plenty of sellers online but I just worry about reliability and authenticity etc. I think there is no better way to buy onine than on the recommendations of others which is why I asked. Better to go where others have had a good customer experience rather than take a chance. Especially with something like comic books. I did a bit of a search for vintage comic books for sale online and found a particularly good website based in Canada that syndicates the results from all other consumer and auction websites. Pretty neat. But I can't vouch for the reliability of the individual sellers on there. The reason I am so keen to start collecting is that my son has shown an interest in comics in recent months and I think collecting would be a great father/son hobby for us to take up. Does anybody else do this as a father/son team?
    I don't really go to online vendors, i do nearly all my computer c purchasing through a local shop; they have good connections etc. you could try that. Amy daughter and I usually hit the shop on Friday evenings or Saturday ... Fun time and gives mom a couple hours to relax.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

  9. #9
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafterman View Post
    I was thinking particularly of vintage comic books. There are plenty of sellers online but I just worry about reliability and authenticity etc. I think there is no better way to buy onine than on the recommendations of others which is why I asked. Better to go where others have had a good customer experience rather than take a chance. Especially with something like comic books. I did a bit of a search for vintage comic books for sale online and found a particularly good website based in Canada that syndicates the results from all other consumer and auction websites. Pretty neat. But I can't vouch for the reliability of the individual sellers on there. The reason I am so keen to start collecting is that my son has shown an interest in comics in recent months and I think collecting would be a great father/son hobby for us to take up. Does anybody else do this as a father/son team?
    Take a look at Facebook. There's a Comic Collector's "Buy/Sell" page that has a lot of stuff...and you can get some pretty good deals...or even trade.

  10. #10
    Administrator Mjölnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    2,970
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Take a look at Facebook. There's a Comic Collector's "Buy/Sell" page that has a lot of stuff...and you can get some pretty good deals...or even trade.
    I didn't know that was there ... interesting.

    Tks
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •