Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comic Books

Newbie - (Restricted)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafterman View Post
    I was thinking particularly of vintage comic books. There are plenty of sellers online but I just worry about reliability and authenticity etc. I think there is no better way to buy onine than on the recommendations of others which is why I asked. Better to go where others have had a good customer experience rather than take a chance. Especially with something like comic books. I did a bit of a search for vintage comic books for sale online and found a particularly good website based in Canada that syndicates the results from all other consumer and auction websites. Pretty neat. But I can't vouch for the reliability of the individual sellers on there. The reason I am so keen to start collecting is that my son has shown an interest in comics in recent months and I think collecting would be a great father/son hobby for us to take up. Does anybody else do this as a father/son team?
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Take a look at Facebook. There's a Comic Collector's "Buy/Sell" page that has a lot of stuff...and you can get some pretty good deals...or even trade.
    It never occured to me to do a search on Facebook. Thanks for the tip sandsjames!

Here's the website I was referring to in Canada by the way: http://www.canada.for-sale.com/comic-books

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Take a look at Facebook. There's a Comic Collector's "Buy/Sell" page that has a lot of stuff...and you can get some pretty good deals...or even trade.
    And Just as we were about to have your #4 jersey retired..... Rainmaker was hoping that the talk about comics would convince you to come back!
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 11-30-2016 at 03:09 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Comic books

Figured I'd start a thread. Obviously feel free to remove if it's not allowed. I think there used to be one around here somewhere.

April starts a short two book crossover with Batman and Flash called "The Button". Supposed to lead into the investigation to discover Dr. Manhattan/Watchmen being the cause for all things Multiversal and New 52/Rebirth, etc. Hopefully it's as good as most other rebirth stuff has been.

Also, the first appearance of Penguin's son happens in next weeks Batgirl. Should be interesting.
    Last edited by sandsjames; 01-17-2017 at 11:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just merged it into the other thread ... was in the same category already.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The DC Rebirth has really impressed me ... am liking the Justice League vs Suicide Squad book especiallly ... don't need to have too much background to follow it well enough.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post

The DC Rebirth has really impressed me ... am liking the Justice League vs Suicide Squad book especiallly ... don't need to have too much background to follow it well enough.
    Yeah, the crossover is much better than I thought.

Had a thought recently. Not sure if you read New 52 Justice League, but in the Darkseid War, Batman ended up sitting on the Mobius Chair. It gave him answers (Joe Chill was definitely his parents killer, there are three entirely separate Jokers, etc). I'm wondering if it will turn out that it also gave him insight into the Rebirth/Watchmen at all.