Thread: Pokemon Go or No Go

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Pokemon Go or No Go

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/11/tech/p...nts/index.html

Has anyone downloaded and played this? I was curious - I downloaded it. I found one at my dad's house visiting this weekend and then it said "now go explore." To me it seems rather ridiculous - but apparently mostly people in their late 20s and 30s are using it. Bit of nostalgia I guess.

I never watched nor played Pokémon so I guess I just don't get the appeal I suppose. (Also a break from the news over the last week).

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks82 View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/11/tech/p...nts/index.html

Has anyone downloaded and played this? I was curious - I downloaded it. I found one at my dad's house visiting this weekend and then it said "now go explore." To me it seems rather ridiculous - but apparently mostly people in their late 20s and 30s are using it. Bit of nostalgia I guess.

I never watched nor played Pokémon so I guess I just don't get the appeal I suppose. (Also a break from the news over the last week).
    I'm hoping that it leads to several people wandering into the path of automobiles.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    I'm hoping that it leads to several people wandering into the path of automobiles.
    Cliffs, construction zones, open man-holes... thin the herd a bit.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So far I've read about people being robbed, someone found a dead body and businesses use it the same way robbers do but to get more people at their business. I think a traffic accident. JBLM posted something about "don't wander into secure or restricted areas" when playing. That I was surprised to see. Just pay attention to your surroundings. I don't think you have to stare at your screen the whole time.

I feel like imagination is now dead due to this.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks82 View Post
    So far I've read about people being robbed, someone found a dead body and businesses use it the same way robbers do but to get more people at their business. I think a traffic accident. JBLM posted something about "don't wander into secure or restricted areas" when playing. That I was surprised to see. Just pay attention to your surroundings. I don't think you have to stare at your screen the whole time.

I feel like imagination is now dead due to this.
    People are already figuring out ways to cheat at this, too. Apparently there's something about incubating eggs that requires people to walk a certain distance...but what they are actually doing is taping their phones to ceiling fans to cover the required distance to hatch the eggs.

Either way, I'm waiting for the first person to wander on to private property and get shot. On an unrelated note, I need to go clean my rifle.