Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D.C. Will Fine You For Calling A Transgender Person The ‘Wrong’ Pronouns

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The problem is that "abnormal" is used as a pejorative.

We are all people and we are all different, which is normal. It's normal to be gay, its just not common. In a sense of population, LGBTs are not in the norm. That says nothing of their quality as persons, just their quantity. I think the majority of people who say, "LGBTs aren't normal," mean it in terms of quality, they aren't as good as you. If I understand you, you're not one of these people, but you're not in the norm.
    HM2

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkHeart View Post
    The problem is that "abnormal" is used as a pejorative.

We are all people and we are all different, which is normal. It's normal to be gay, its just not common. In a sense of population, LGBTs are not in the norm. That says nothing of their quality as persons, just their quantity. I think the majority of people who say, "LGBTs aren't normal," mean it in terms of quality, they aren't as good as you. If I understand you, you're not one of these people, but you're not in the norm.
    What I'm saying, ultimately, is that the most unneeded term in the history of mankind, as well as being offensive to me as a non-non-binary pre-op non-trans with my gender un-fluidity is "cis".

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    I find the term "cis person" quite offensive. I'm a "person" and I'd really prefer you refer to me that way.
    I also don't lke it.. I am male.. Pure and simple. Not a Cis-male. JUST male.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHeart View Post
    I forgot about your safe space, apologies.

I had a problem with it too for a while, I guess I still do. I just don't like differentiating between trans people and people who are not trans by calling the latter just "person" or "normal," it's dehumanizing and goes back to the "don't be a dick" rule. Also, "cis" helps make writing about the issue more manageable in terms of writing and readability. Anyway, I definitely get how annoying it is to be labeled without my input or consent.
    How is someone wanting to be refered to as "Normal, or just a person", Dehumanizing??

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    I also don't lke it.. I am male.. Pure and simple. Not a Cis-male. JUST male.
    This is the same type of crap that they were teaching to the 7th graders in Spanish class in the diverse middle school outside of MacDill AFB.

http://www.tbo.com/news/education/te...form-20160411/

Yoselis Ramos, 23, passed out an assignment titled, “How much privilege do you have?” to seventh- and eighth-grade students in her Spanish class at Monroe Middle School in Tampa last week. Students were asked to circle their race, skin color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation and disability on a form created by the teacher.

The brief form included three to five options in each category, such as “pansexual,” “asexual,” “cisgendered” and “genderqueer.”

Fortunately the parents revolted against this idiocy and managed to get the district to open up a middle school on base.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/gradeb...school/2264741
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 07-04-2016 at 03:57 AM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    This is the same type ofanti-white racist bullshit that they were teaching to the 7th graders in Spanish class in the diverse middle school outside of MacDill AFB.

http://www.tbo.com/news/education/te...form-20160411/

Yoselis Ramos, 23, passed out an assignment titled, “How much privilege do you have?” to seventh- and eighth-grade students in her Spanish class at Monroe Middle School in Tampa last week. Students were asked to circle their race, skin color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation and disability on a form created by the teacher.

The brief form included three to five options in each category, such as “pansexual,” “asexual,” “cisgendered” and “genderqueer.”

Fortunately the parents revolted against this idiocy and managed to get the district to open up a middle school on base.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/gradeb...school/2264741
    Good on those parents. Though the article mentions the teacher got suspended, pending a review, its been almost 3 months since then.. SO what's the latest news on her??