Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Pentagon preparing to announce repeal of transgender troop ban

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks82 View Post
    You don't get to just say you're female one day and not the next. That's not what transgender is.
    Yes you can. It's called "gender fluidity." And if it hasn't reached the military yet, it will soon. Jus' sayin'

Well, shit... a man COULD always just stay a female for the PT test. Doesn't really benefit him to go back to being male.

I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem with that, would you? Just like I'm 100% absolutely CERTAIN that you have zero problem with transwomen MMA fighters beating the shit out of ciswomen MMA fighters... right?
    Last edited by Rusty Jones; 06-26-2016 at 03:11 PM.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USN - Retired View Post
    Perhaps these words by Bob Dylan will provide you with some comfort...

Come mothers and fathers
    Throughout the land
    And don't criticize
    What you can't understand
    Your sons and your daughters
    Are beyond your command
    Your old road is
    Rapidly agin'
    Please get out of the new one
    If you can't lend your hand
    For the times they are a-changin'.
    "Every time history repeats itself, the price goes up” - Farmer's Almanac

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    So, about the gender shift and what is reflected in DEERS. I have two Sailors right now who are at various stages of a gender transition. The Navy has not formally (or informally) disemminated at what point we can allow the member to change their gender in DEERS. That is pending a DoD instruction and policy. The initial thought was once surgery was complete the admin would follow.

The problem associated with that is that with both a M to F and F to M transistion, hormone therapy is a precursor to surgery. I have one male sailor who has begun the hormone therapy (out of pocket), has already changed his name to a feminine name and who (by instruction) must conform to male grooming, uniform and PRT standards. A consequence of the hormomes from M to F is an increase in body fat. He has had a noticable increase in body fat (still in standards but close) as a result of the hormone treatment.
    Good to know thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Yes you can. It's called "gender fluidity." And if it hasn't reached the military yet, it will soon. Jus' sayin'
    My point exactly rusty... We are seeing it already in kindergarten and schools, all based on 'what gender the kid(s) "SELF identify" as'..

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks82 View Post

He just graduated the Drill Sergeant Academy as an openly transgender male. He also spoke with the Secretary of the Army about transgender soldiers and got a coin from SECARMY.
    Surprised he didn't give him a reach-around instead of a coin.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 06-27-2016 at 05:05 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    C) what of berthing especially on ships??
    Putting a transgender (female pretending to be male) into male berthing will probably not be much of a problem. The fanatical Christians may pout. Most male sailors will not care much or will think it is funny.

Putting a transgender (male pretending to be female) into female berthing will probably be a big problem. I strongly suspect the female sailors will make a big stink when they see some guy who thinks he is a woman in their berthing.
    As Libertarians, we seek a world of liberty; a world in which all individuals are sovereign over their own lives and no one is forced to sacrifice his or her values for the benefit of others

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    At least ending DODT wasn't a slippery slope...right?...cuz I remember hearing that it wouldn't be...but here we are...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I'm rethinking my support for the LGB community (yes, I left off the T).

They promised us back in the nineties that there'd be no slippery slope.

20 years later, you now have pervs trying to get pedophilia and beastiality recognized as sexual orientations.

We've all gotta draw the line somewhere.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USN - Retired View Post
    Putting a transgender (female pretending to be male) into male berthing will probably not be much of a problem. The fanatical Christians may pout. Most male sailors will not care much or will think it is funny.

Putting a transgender (male pretending to be female) into female berthing will probably be a big problem. I strongly suspect the female sailors will make a big stink when they see some guy who thinks he is a woman in their berthing.
    So a guy having to put up with it is no biggy but gals having to put up with it, and it is a big issue?

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    At least ending DODT wasn't a slippery slope...right?...cuz I remember hearing that it wouldn't be...but here we are...
    Yup. We did call it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    So a guy having to put up with it is no biggy but gals having to put up with it, and it is a big issue?
    I'm not saying it is right or good. I just don't think that many men will really care. Furthermore, in our society today, men are used to being treated like crap, and most won't complain when they are treated like crap.

The female berthing situation is different. When the Navy puts a man who is pretending to be a woman (aka transgender) into female berthing, the female sailors will probably complain loud and hard. I am looking forward to it. It should be quite entertaining.
    Last edited by USN - Retired; 06-27-2016 at 08:05 AM.
    As Libertarians, we seek a world of liberty; a world in which all individuals are sovereign over their own lives and no one is forced to sacrifice his or her values for the benefit of others

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I actually think it will be just about even on both sides. If you put a transman in the male berthing, there's going to be at least one person who complains. There's also going to be at least a dozen who knows that the transman still has a vagina, and will still try to get up in it. Imagine the issues that's going to cause in berthing.

As far as a transwoman in the female berthing... well, if you look at the whole "restroom controversy" that's been going on for the past few months; it's mostly women defending these trannies. Look here on MTF. Sparks is the only woman actively participating here, and she's the only one here that supports trannies using the restroom of their chosen identity. Will there be women that complain? Sure, but overall... women are generally more accepting of that shit than men are.