Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shitty Drivers

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Here's a good one: just two weeks ago, on a Saturday, I had a tire blow out. Mind you, this was a Saturday, and it was late in the afternoon. About 6:20 pm. I needed to get to a used tire store, as I only had enough money on me for a used tire. I immediately whipped out my phone, only to find that all the used tire shops were closed. Except one. It closed at 7:00. A normal drive to this tire shop would be about 15 to 20 minutes

I also had a bad spare. Because of this... I had no choice but to get to that tire shop on the flat tire. All I had to do was go straight down the street I was on, make left and down that street, and then might a right and continue until I got to the shop. All three streets had a speed limit of 35.

Like anyone with any sense would do, I put my hazard lights on as a drive in the right lane at 10 mph.

This lets everyone know to go around you, right? Wrong. Even though there wasn't much traffic and people could EASILY pass me on the left, I had cars lining up behind me the whole time. I actually had to stick my hand out the window to wave this idiots to go around me.

I would think that, if one is smart enough to operate a vehicle, they'd be smart enough to go around someone doing 10 in a 35 with their hazard lights on.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    I can't stand asshats like those.. And another offender are motor bikers, who think that we have to give them a full Car's width to pass THEM, but have NO Problems weaving in and out of traffic, sometimes even clipping people's wing mirrors...
    I don't care for motorcycles and I give them as much room as possible. When I'm behind a motorcyclist, I try to stay at least 3-4 car length behind them in case they drop their bike I'll have time to react.

One thing I don't care for is California, where I live, recently allowed motorcyclists to "split lanes" meaning when traffic is slow they can ride between cars. I've seen motorcyclists splitting lanes on the highways when traffic is going 50 mph or more. I just hope these fools have completed their organ donor cards so as least someone else can benefit from their foolish actions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Here's a good one: just two weeks ago, on a Saturday, I had a tire blow out. Mind you, this was a Saturday, and it was late in the afternoon. About 6:20 pm. I needed to get to a used tire store, as I only had enough money on me for a used tire. I immediately whipped out my phone, only to find that all the used tire shops were closed. Except one. It closed at 7:00. A normal drive to this tire shop would be about 15 to 20 minutes

I also had a bad spare. Because of this... I had no choice but to get to that tire shop on the flat tire. All I had to do was go straight down the street I was on, make left and down that street, and then might a right and continue until I got to the shop. All three streets had a speed limit of 35.

Like anyone with any sense would do, I put my hazard lights on as a drive in the right lane at 10 mph.

This lets everyone know to go around you, right? Wrong. Even though there wasn't much traffic and people could EASILY pass me on the left, I had cars lining up behind me the whole time. I actually had to stick my hand out the window to wave this idiots to go around me.

I would think that, if one is smart enough to operate a vehicle, they'd be smart enough to go around someone doing 10 in a 35 with their hazard lights on.
    Perhaps it was because you were driving with a flat that ticked people off. I have AAA and would have called them immediately if I had the same thing happen to me.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LogDog View Post
    Perhaps it was because you were driving with a flat that ticked people off. I have AAA and would have called them immediately if I had the same thing happen to me.
    I'm sure they were ticked. But if they were, then wouldn't that give them MORE motivation to pass me on the left?
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    You would certainly think that. BUT i have seen far too many times where people use their 'hazard lights' when there is no need, so maybe people have gotten so used to that they just ignore it..
    Heck someone had their hazards while ILLEGALLY parked just now, when i went to the library to drop of a music CD.. took me 5 mintues (also had to hit the lav) and they were still there with their lights on, in a no parking zone..

Quote Originally Posted by LogDog View Post
    I don't care for motorcycles and I give them as much room as possible. When I'm behind a motorcyclist, I try to stay at least 3-4 car length behind them in case they drop their bike I'll have time to react.

One thing I don't care for is California, where I live, recently allowed motorcyclists to "split lanes" meaning when traffic is slow they can ride between cars. I've seen motorcyclists splitting lanes on the highways when traffic is going 50 mph or more. I just hope these fools have completed their organ donor cards so as least someone else can benefit from their foolish actions.
    And the # of times i have seen bikers going down the highway at 70+ with NO helmet (even though they by law should have one on), with someone on the back of the bike (also no helmet), wearing SHORTS and a tank top (last i checked they need by law to wear full covering clothes) is just amazing. Its almost like they are TELLING fate "F*** you".. Along with the law, and the cops often just LET them do so.. I think the last time i even SAW a biker getting pulled over, was cause his rear light was almost falling OFF.. Not cause he was speeding, or cause he was not wearing a helmet...