Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 68

Thread: Instant E7 or O6?

  1. #41
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Let me clarify for those of you who don't actually like to read what the other person is writing.

    Mjolnir is stating how things are...everyone else is stating how things should be and that all it would take is changing the law...Mjolnir, for some reason, is pretending not to understand what everyone else is saying. Because of Mjolnir's job, he's in a tough situation to actually be able to comment on certain things. So this argument is pretty much pointless.

    You guys aren't actually disagreeing on anything here. You're all trying to figure out what color the number 3 smells like.

  2. #42
    Senior Member Rusty Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    3,936
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Let me clarify for those of you who don't actually like to read what the other person is writing.

    Mjolnir is stating how things are...everyone else is stating how things should be and that all it would take is changing the law...Mjolnir, for some reason, is pretending not to understand what everyone else is saying. Because of Mjolnir's job, he's in a tough situation to actually be able to comment on certain things. So this argument is pretty much pointless.

    You guys aren't actually disagreeing on anything here. You're all trying to figure out what color the number 3 smells like.
    I agree with what Mjollnir is stating here. For one thing, the DoD itself can't change the laws in the CFR. It can only operate within its constraints. So any discussion about changing those laws is basically living in a world of "the way it should be," instead of the world of "the way it is."

    Bringing someone in as an E7 or O6 is operating within those constraints. However, I think that there are better ways to operate within them myself. Like all the suggestions I mentioned earlier.

    USN-Retired fully understands what Mjollnir is saying but, as usual, he's not here to contribute anything of value to MTF. He's simply here to troll.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

  3. #43
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on a Marl Road
    Posts
    3,883
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Let me clarify for those of you who don't actually like to read what the other person is writing.

    Mjolnir is stating how things are...everyone else is stating how things should be and that all it would take is changing the law...Mjolnir, for some reason, is pretending not to understand what everyone else is saying. Because of Mjolnir's job, he's in a tough situation to actually be able to comment on certain things. So this argument is pretty much pointless.

    You guys aren't actually disagreeing on anything here. You're all trying to figure out what color the number 3 smells like.
    Gee professor, thanks for explaining it to us rubes. But, There's plenty of us here with our own skill sets and decades of experiences. But, If we need someone to weigh in on the procedure for checking the oil on a generator you'll be the first person we call.

  4. #44
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Gee professor, thanks for explaining it to us rubes. But, There's plenty of us here with our own skill sets and decades of experiences. But, If we need someone to weigh in on the procedure for checking the oil on a generator you'll be the first person we call.
    If you get it then act like you get it...quit being the little kid who keeps disagreeing just to garner attention. Don't confuse your "skill sets" with intelligence.

  5. #45
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on a Marl Road
    Posts
    3,883
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    And they got rich off that swamp land.
    That part was already done.

    The profiteers got rich off Disney's reputation and perverted his company's values & wholesome family friendly products in the process
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 06-22-2016 at 08:05 PM.

  6. #46
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on a Marl Road
    Posts
    3,883
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    If you get it then act like you get it...quit being the little kid who keeps disagreeing just to garner attention.
    Some one brings up the possibility that there could be an ulterior motive behind all these efforts fundamentally transforming the demographic makeup of the military & you immediately default to shitting all over yourself to discount it. Why?

    And yeah I get it. & I also get that you're completely out of your depth and talking out of your ass (like usual)
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 06-22-2016 at 08:08 PM.

  7. #47
    Administrator Mjölnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    2,970
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Mjolnir is stating how things are...everyone else is stating how things should be and that all it would take is changing the law...Mjolnir, for some reason, is pretending not to understand what everyone else is saying. Because of Mjolnir's job, he's in a tough situation to actually be able to comment on certain things. So this argument is pretty much pointless.
    "All it would take is changing the law" ... changing both Title 10 and Title 50 to solve this specific problem is akin to using a sledgehammer to kill a mosquito. Instead the proposal is to make a change to entry level accession programs for particular skill sets; something I think is much more "the way it should be" than changing two huge sections of the U.S. Code.

    I understand what folks are saying, but what some folks are saying shows a lack of understanding of Title 10 and Title 50 (what is overt & what is covert) and how Cyber Operations are conducted ... ironically, somethings I have experience in and know about. So, no ... I am not pretending to not understand and this is not a tough situation ... I am speaking on something I know about firsthand.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

  8. #48
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Yeah I get it. & I also get that you're completely out of your depth and talking out of your ass (like usual)
    Yep, I'm out of my depth. Can't hope to converse with you highfalutin types when I'm jus' a poor working class fella.

  9. #49
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    "All it would take is changing the law" ... changing both Title 10 and Title 50 to solve this specific problem is akin to using a sledgehammer to kill a mosquito. Instead the proposal is to make a change to entry level accession programs for particular skill sets; something I think is much more "the way it should be" than changing two huge sections of the U.S. Code.
    But you know that these codes are being bypassed all the time, even though you're not going to admit it in a public forum. Everyone knows these codes are being skirted. It's like the parents who know their kids are breaking the rules by drinking with their friends but everyone pretends it's not happening as long as nobody gets in trouble.

    I understand what folks are saying, but what some folks are saying shows a lack of understanding of Title 10 and Title 50 (what is overt & what is covert) and how Cyber Operations are conducted ... ironically, somethings I have experience in and know about. So, no ... I am not pretending to not understand and this is not a tough situation ... I am speaking on something I know about firsthand.
    Again, you are wrong. People are understanding the Titles just fine. The discussion isn't about what the Titles say.

  10. #50
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on a Marl Road
    Posts
    3,883
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    "All it would take is changing the law" ... changing both Title 10 and Title 50 to solve this specific problem is akin to using a sledgehammer to kill a mosquito. Instead the proposal is to make a change to entry level accession programs for particular skill sets; something I think is much more "the way it should be" than changing two huge sections of the U.S. Code.

    I understand what folks are saying, but what some folks are saying shows a lack of understanding of Title 10 and Title 50 (what is overt & what is covert) and how Cyber Operations are conducted ... ironically, somethings I have experience in and know about. So, no ... I am not pretending to not understand and this is not a tough situation ... I am speaking on something I know about firsthand.
    When there's no effective opposition, They don't have to change law. They just have to enact a policy that ignores or contridicts it.

    & exactly how many Mark zuckerburgs do you think we're gonna need to sign up to be an O- 6 and authorize a drone strike?
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 06-22-2016 at 07:41 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •